my only issue with the mp patch

ok, i wanted to play a couple maps to get a feel of this mp mappack and found that the spawns need alot of work. i spawned in front of or behind someone already playing and killing them or being killed because i pop up on the map in front of someone pointed at me. this was like that for 5 minutes until i got fed up and backed out of the server. the maps are nice, good for maybe 10-16 players but more, that's way too many peeps.

the spawns; the spawns ARE random which is good. but the night shantytown Industrial like map is horrible to spawn when you get spawn killed from your 6 or you are face to face with somone already having the drop on you. no structure and with the size of these maps nadda thing you can do UNLESS...we make these maps TDM and have one spawn for each team.

I'm already making my fist map and going to try and design it with this in mind so spawn rapes don't become too common. there are those who will learn the spawns and ice fish for kills out of the spawn.

but other than that, I'm totally cool with this MP mappack

Edited by Papa6

the 10 second protection is nice except for the fact that spawners can kill players already in game without any recourse. if you spawn and are able to pull the trigger then you should be fair game for a bullet.

Yeah, that's so annoying.

I was hoping it was like in GRAW 360 where you can't shoot or can't be killed within the spawn time.

Even though that it self is flawed in the 360 heh...

[For those of you who don't know the 360 invincible flaw, it's basically a 3 or 4 second invincible time. When you start off, it says Combat starts in 4, 3, 2, 1. When it reaches 0, your vulnerable to fire, but you can't shoot atleast for another second. So if someone has an LMG just shooting at you while your invincible, then you can be killed when you are vulnerable. Really annoying too.]

Edited by SillyHalfMexican

We set up a server earlier, passworded it, and played with 6 people.

The spawns seemed to always make you spawn on top of another player. And I do mean always. Even when it dropped to 3 people in the server, when you died, you spawned within 10 - 20 feet from another player.

Im sure there is a way to fix this, but even if it was fixed there is no way a DM server should have more than 10 ppl in the server if you expect to live more than 10 seconds upon spawning. Or make bigger maps.

I played with about 25-30 people. It was frustrating at first.. but I was able to find some nice spots that are out of immediate vision of spawners and allowed you to manuver without being a camper. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the people running all over the map with the 203.

:angry:

well now that we have the DM editor, we can make bigger maps and better spawns in that case.

I have no grips about the maps, the spawns leave me chaffed a bit. but I'm still with Grin. :g_withgrin:

Well that's the point now isn't it.

The community has to fix was the developer 'slipped the pouch' on?

This whole MP is just plan poop...I have no hopes left for TDM...that is to say, yes you are right, only the community can save this game now...

The Spawns are so stupid, its beyond discription...Here was "BO" Mr. Special Forces...I'd hate to think of what a tactical spawn looks like in that country...it must hurt.

Edited by semperfi_bohica

the 10 second protection is nice except for the fact that spawners can kill players already in game without any recourse. if you spawn and are able to pull the trigger then you should be fair game for a bullet.

In most games when spawn protection is enabled, if you switch weapons, or fire, the protection is gone, doesn't matter if your 10 seconds is up or not.

:angry:

well now that we have the DM editor, we can make bigger maps and better spawns in that case.

I have no grips about the maps, the spawns leave me chaffed a bit. but I'm still with Grin. :g_withgrin:

Well that's the point now isn't it.

The community has to fix was the developer 'slipped the pouch' on?

This whole MP is just plan poop...I have no hopes left for TDM...that is to say, yes you are right, only the community can save this game now...

The Spawns are so stupid, its beyond discription...Here was "BO" Mr. Special Forces...I'd hate to think of what a tactical spawn looks like in that country...it must hurt.

Maybe you shouldn't play GRAW anymore. you're telling me that you flatout think it sucks. There's still patches to come most notably August.

USUALLY most folks who dislike something say thier mind and then go look for other time consuming hobbies. this thread is only a constructive thread on what I think is the only flaw on the map not the game itself.

Maybe you shouldn't play GRAW anymore. you're telling me that you flatout think it sucks. There's still patches to come most notably August.

USUALLY most folks who dislike something say thier mind and then go look for other time consuming hobbies. this thread is only a constructive thread on what I think is the only flaw on the map not the game itself.

I agree :thumbsup: