3DSMax Exporter included!

Copper

Don't know if everyone has been to busy playing with the editor to notice or not but in the Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\tools folder the maxexporter.dle is there along with a atlasgen.exe, bundler.exe a freeimage.dll(with licence file) and vssver.scc.

I loaded up Max 8 and the plugin is there for exporting. Unfortionatly I'm so far behind in the game modding scene I feel lost last mod I made was for GR1 4 years ago.

guess i just need to get back on the bike and see if I remember how to ride.

Don't know if everyone has been to busy playing with the editor to notice or not but in the Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\tools folder the maxexporter.dle is there along with a atlasgen.exe, bundler.exe a freeimage.dll(with licence file) and vssver.scc.

I loaded up Max 8 and the plugin is there for exporting. Unfortionatly I'm so far behind in the game modding scene I feel lost last mod I made was for GR1 4 years ago.

guess i just need to get back on the bike and see if I remember how to ride.

so you could potentially make new weapon models with that??

I spent a few hours trying to make this baby work but nothing.. stickan pointed me to the u_unit files but I really don't have a clue.. :wall:

what we really need is not a 100 pages tutorial but a simple (all inclusive) .max scene to understand the exporting process (even a box with its material is ok, the main goal for now is to create new static props so that our maps don't look all the same) :grin1:

I spent a few hours trying to make this baby work but nothing.. stickan pointed me to the u_unit files but I really don't have a clue.. :wall:

what we really need is not a 100 pages tutorial but a simple (all inclusive) .max scene to understand the exporting process (even a box with its material is ok, the main goal for now is to create new static props so that our maps don't look all the same) :grin1:

it will come! I just need official green light from the suits upstairs, then ill write a tutorial for you guys on how to make props!

Anyone know how to use the 'atlasgen.exe'?

you needent wory about the atlastgen.exe at this point.its merely a tool to compile alot of smaller textures into one large texture atlas to help the engine render objects faster.

when you learn more about the import and map process this will be very usefull tho! so dont delete it , hehe