The Map Editor and Map building

tried it

it is quite easy to lay down a little patch of ground, place some props and it is really nice but like the game it is kind of a resource hog

it crashed on me, but i have to read the readme file saw some stuff about crashing noted there, not yet paid full attention to it but it has got some answeres i guess

looks sweet though the editor, needs some time to get used to it but it can do dom and dm mode for now as far as i have read and have seen

give it a try, think it can do some awesome stuff .......

(we do need a 3dmax plugin to create our own props)

but i am happy, :)

off to the stores to get extra memory

Yes it is possible to create your own maps. The only catch is that we can't yet create our own objects. So we can create maps from existing content only for the time being.

It's fairly complicated when you look into it if it's your first time, but as far as mapping tools go it's pretty user friendly.

OK, I think I'm missing something, Where is the map editor?

Hmm ok thats weird,Im having the same problem too.There is no editor option in the start menu for me and Ive done a file search on all drives with no luck.Ive also looked in all the folders - Ive found and read the tutorial but the actual programme escapes me :blink:

:blink:

I have the same problem as Darkblue. I even d/l's and reinstalled the patch still zero on the Editor.

check your windows start menue. "Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter Map Editor" is in the Ubisoft/GRAW folder.

Yup you are right - I knew it,Im going blind already...

Ok figured most of this thing out, but my question is, WHere do you find the ground stuff, I read that some were making Desert type maps, Whats the scoop on the land? I put together a quick urban scheme using roads, building etc...But cant seem to find any desert type stuff...Other than that Editor is very easy to use...

***NM, I found it.......

Edited by stormasp

i carnt find where to alter the hight of the ground how do you make hills and such with it?

I don't believe you can edit/create terrain within the current build of the map editor... It's not like the Crytek's Level editor... This is more a 'lego' style of building maps... but from what I've read earlier (still have to give it a whirl), it comes with .dle files that can be used for 3DSMAX.

i carnt find where to alter the hight of the ground how do you make hills and such with it?

I don't believe you can edit/create terrain within the current build of the map editor... It's not like the Crytek's Level editor... This is more a 'lego' style of building maps... but from what I've read earlier (still have to give it a whirl), it comes with .dle files that can be used for 3DSMAX.

yep. looks like its not possible for us atm. see:

he is right, to make proper terrains that are not just repeateed flat tiles, youll need to use a 3d package:)

more info on that soon hopefully