Please help a Mac man play.

Hi all,

I have been playing GR from GR1 and on (mainly GR2 and GR2:SS and now GRAW) on the consoles, but I'm getting a little bored with it and want some variation on gameplay, so I thought it mught help if I plunge right in and play in the Computer instead.

The problem is I'm not sure where to start... I know there are updates, mods, etc etc, so that's where I'm kind of stuck.

Please note I don't have a computer (well a PC anyway, I'm a Mac guy/engineer) so my main thinking was to get my Mac (a good fast one) to run Windows and play GRAW on it.

Any thoughts?

Kia.

Money wise another PC is just out of my reach :-(

I have 7 Macs and one of them are intel and another on the way :-P, I kind of guessed that I would need one of them hence the question.

Just want to see if there is anyone out there that has tried it of know of a place in the net that might know.

Thanks for the reply BTW.

Kia.

Money wise another PC is just out of my reach :-(

I have 7 Macs and one of them are intel and another on the way :-P, I kind of guessed that I would need one of them hence the question.

Just want to see if there is anyone out there that has tried it of know of a place in the net that might know.

Thanks for the reply BTW.

Kia.

7 macs, wow, can i have one, Could you not sell a few to buy a fast pc?.

My dad has a MacBook, and he has OS X and XP on it.

Search for a program called BootCamp, that should allow your Mac with the Intel chip to run Windows.

I don't know...

I read that BootCamp suffered from instability problems. Something about driver compatibility. Although, I haven't been following it since it's release a short while ago.

Well, If you have a Mac with an Intel chip that can run Winblows, I would get GR1 (The GR Gold Edition). Then you have all sorts of mods to choose from.

As far as GRAW, try the demo first to see if you like what it offers keeping in mind that it will not have what the latest version of the full game has (with the 1.6 patch). If you like what it offers, then get the full game.

Hello,

I'm also an Mac guy, taking care of about 50 mac workstations and servers. Personnaly own 5 running @ home + 2 PCs.

I use PCs mainly for gaming.

I just got my new DualCore Macbook Pro 17 and installed bootcamp and XP on it. God It has got to be the best PC notebook ever made!

First thing I did was to install GRAW on it... it runs flawlessly, very fluid... but did not played long... will apply the new patch and try a bit further.

So far, no instability in XP, everything is working great and performances are awesome.

Only thing I could ask more would be to be able to use virtualisation with bootcamp's XP installation instead of rebooting everytime I need access to XP. Only rebooting when I need pure performance... Something like that is coming with OSX 10.5...

Edited by cohda

cohda...

This is exactly what I wanted to hear, not necesarly that it worked (althought THAT IS A BIG PLUS!!!!) but some-one who has tried it!!!

Thanks MAN!!!

I will now go ahead and get a copy and try things out.

Kia.

Edited by Killer Boo