Ghost Recon.net Forums

Hats off to these guys. This design Team is breaking new ground and their doing it with our help. A rare occurrence I must say. But i've read enough. Now, I'll just sit tight and wait.

On the other side of the coin, with all due respect for these forums, I say the less personal crap one can bring into a conversation, the more constructive the outcome.

Hats off to these guys. This design Team is breaking new ground and their doing it with our help. A rare occurrence I must say. But i've read enough. Now, I'll just sit tight and wait.

On the other side of the coin, with all due respect for these forums, I say the less personal crap one can bring into a conversation, the more constructive the outcome.

:fingersx: So far so good but still needs some work.

Hats off to these guys. This design Team is breaking new ground and their doing it with our help.

Here, Here

Thanks for your great work guys

We should build a virtual memorial to your virtual efforts.

To the rest of you on this thread......

It is real easy to sit here in the warm, debating Anti Aliasing and new weapons, but there are a lot of whiny little beatches over on the GRAW UBI forums

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x/a/frm/f/2791043913

And they just seem to want to put down GRIN and their efforts. So if you really care, and I think starting a thread shows that you do, then get over there and defend GRIN and GRAW against these insane fools.

'All it takes for evil to prosper is for good men to stand by'

Oh and checkout the 'Call to Arms' thread for those who prefer 'classic' GRAW.

It's a movement whose time has come.

Here, Here

Thanks for your great work guys

We should build a virtual memorial to your virtual efforts.

To the rest of you on this thread......

It is real easy to sit here in the warm, debating Anti Aliasing and new weapons, but there are a lot of whiny little beatches over on the GRAW UBI forums

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x/a/frm/f/2791043913

And they just seem to want to put down GRIN and their efforts. So if you really care, and I think starting a thread shows that you do, then get over there and defend GRIN and GRAW against these insane fools.

'All it takes for evil to prosper is for good men to stand by'

Oh and checkout the 'Call to Arms' thread for those who prefer 'classic' GRAW.

It's a movement whose time has come.

I have done this already... Arg, my post is on like the 10th page, but i managed to "convert" alot of people, before more "new" people showed:

(I started this a month ago, 6 pages, around 100 posts and 1000 views)

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums?a=tpc...9344#6981089344

*if anyone else wants to take a shot be my guest :) (im serious, but be careful, many people there pose a threat to this community)

Edited by Beers

Thanks grin for a fun game...

Look forward ( I'll even try and be patient ) to when it has as many of the old Ghost Recon features that us oldies know and love - and miss; make it in to the beautiful new version.

But hats off for a good initial outing....

BA

The Team and some of us have been trying to convey this for a long time, this is and will remain a unique oppertunity, we as a community need to take full advantage of it.

Good Post

I've not been very possitve about GRAW in general lately, but the thing that the GRIN'ers are on these forums and communicate with the community is a :thumbsup:

:cheers:

I got to agree with that. Even though the game for me so far is a HUGE let down. It seems that things are slowly happening. I sometimes wonder how much more upset we would all have been if the game release was delayed until Christmas? So the game came out earlier, it isn;t right, but it IS getting there. Honestly that IS the situation FULL STOP! GRiN seem to be doing all they can..its only just not FAST enough for some of us.. me included LOL. But thats life i guess..

I got to agree with that. Even though the game for me so far is a HUGE let down. It seems that things are slowly happening. I sometimes wonder how much more upset we would all have been if the game release was delayed until Christmas? So the game came out earlier, it isn;t right, but it IS getting there. Honestly that IS the situation FULL STOP! GRiN seem to be doing all they can..its only just not FAST enough for some of us.. me included LOL. But thats life i guess..

I think we would have been more upset in ways as we couldn't have helped in the development. One good thing about not being finished is our opinions matter on which direction it will develop into.

I feel I have been transported to a BIG SMILEY :) alternative universe!!

I have the greatest respect for Cruusher AS, and all of the intelligent, great game players at ALPHA SQUAD... But I also know that GRAW, in its present form, is COMPLETELY unplayable by ALPHA SQUAD's normal team coop standards.

GHOST RECON 1 had a perfectly good interactive game-play system. That same great GR1 gaming system, almost single-handedly created many of the game's super clans like Cruusher's ALPHA SQUAD and GR.net, TACTICAL GAMER and many many others. The specs for this very, very successful gaming system, were ALREADY developed, and firmly in place. This is the way it was when UBI and GRIN took on the job of making the next version of GHOST RECON.

Also when the next version of GR was being discussed, EVERY forum of every clan, and GR.net, made long, extensive, detailed, and intelligent lists of suggestions about what would be needed to make the next GR even better!

As the years have passed since then, I thought that any company that cared about this game's community, would have had the due diligence to make themselves aware of all of this easily accessible information.

Unfortunately, UBI and GRIN decided to throw out ALL of the successful GR game play system, and to start anew. Now, we are left with trying to explain to a fanatic arcade style, game console company about how the real GR game should work,... when it was always THEIR job for the last several years to be the true experts on all aspects of Ghost Recon...

But instead of living up to this normal business product integrity, UBI and GRIN threw out all of Red Storm's expert knowledge of the original and very successful GR1 game play system, ... and we are left with trying to teach these arcade game console fanatic experts, about how to make this new version of GR into a product that we can actually play. UBI and GRIN have had all of the necessary info about how to design this new version of GR at every step of the way thru its dev. But unfortunately for years now, they have decided to ignore everything that this community offered them, as well as ignoring the successful interface model of the original GR1. And we now have a game that is not even close to being playable at the levels of the original GR game.

Somehow, the desire to heap great accolades and appreciation upon such professional incompetence, escapes me.

Thank you for your commitment to this game. I believe that is the reason this game will continue to get better and better.

Just downloaded the latest 1.16 and WOW!!!!! Great stuff.

Now I can't wait until the next installment in July.

thankyou..................thankyou............................ :thumbsup:

kingkat

:stupid:

Hi All

Did we get pwned or what :rofl:

haven't seen many posts to this thread since the patch came out.

Still patting yourselves on the back guys for that 'sterling' community/ designer entente that has given us a patch which is as buggy as hell and a gametype that seems to have been designed by someone who has never seen a online game or maybe even a PC.

We still all friends?

We still being patient and becoming one with the game?

We still only human and doing or best?

'all shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well'

It will not all turn out right in the end.

Do you finally get the message. Grin are not capable of producing the goods. A lot of people were hanging on for this patch, it makes things worse.

Everybody is going bye bye. Not waiting for expanded COOP or TDM, 'cos we know they will be up to the same level as the pervious efforts. Calling GRAW a beta is an insult to betas.

But wait and minute you say, last night you, rtr, posted your warm congrats on this thread.

you suggested:

'We should build a virtual memorial to your (GRINs) virtual efforts.'

Well look up 'virtual' in the dictionary. Look up 'memorial' to. :thumbsup:

I saw this coming :wall:

I expect this post to get atomised by the bullying fanboi censors that are now the main thing this forum is know for.

seeing what has happened to this site since GRAW fever took hold has been like watching the Titanic go down.

At least over at UBI we can blow off some steam and god knows after the mammy ramming the GR community has taken with GRAW they need a release value

Do you remember where you were the day that GRAW got shot?

Does this count as 'Constructive Criticism'?