Agent Smith's Effects Mod for GRAW

Download it at:

FileFront

RapidShare

PARENTAL NOTICE: This effects mod has included blood that does not reflect upon the rating made on the game by the ESRB (Entertainment Software Ratings Board), and it is bloodier than the standard stock product.

Features:

- Blood now appears on bodies when you shoot them! However, a fix for the marks of blood on bodies dissappearing after you kill the character has yet to be found. (My game crashes when I load the suspected fix, so I removed it.)

- Bigger blood cloud when someone is hit.

- Bodies can now be pushed and moved by the player.

- Small props (Plants for example) can now be pushed and moved by the player.

- Grenade craters will now stay forever.

- Bullet holes will now stay forever.

- My .XMLs for a very good balance of performance/image quality ratio will be included. (MP one is included as well.)

The .XMLs for the performance/image quality ratio were based on this system:

P4 3.06 GHz

1 GB PC-3200 DDR

eVGA Geforce 6600 GT

If you have a rig similar to mine or worse, I heavily recommend you take off the Post Effects.

1. Open the renderer_settings SP.xml (This is located in Data/Settings) (The one included in this mod).

2. Take out the SP in it. Over-write your current .XML (I recommend you back it up just in case.)

3. Open it. (You can open it with NotePad).

4. Find this line:

<variable name="post_effect_quality"value="high"/>

5. Change it to:

<variable name="post_effect_quality" value="off"/>

NOTE: You will not be able to use Night-Vision with post effects off, so edit this again when you come across the night mission(s).

Download-session invalid. Please click here.

Possible reasons:

Download-session expired. Direct-links last a few minutes for free users and a few days for premium-users.

You requested this download-session from a different IP than yours. If you use AOL, try a different browser.

or

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

You are not connected to the Internet.

The website is encountering problems.

There might be a typing error in the address.

Any chance this can be hosted by someone ? as I really want to try this mod.

oh btw agent-smith, could you implement a feature that makes the dead bodies stay? I know its possible, ive seen someone else do it, but I dont recall where. I think it could be a nice addition to your mod! What do you think?

Could be possible a version without modified renderer XML? I have not installed the folder data :whistle:

They're completely optional. You can probably forget about them now since the new patch improved performance.... again.

Download-session invalid. Please click here.

Possible reasons:

Download-session expired. Direct-links last a few minutes for free users and a few days for premium-users.

You requested this download-session from a different IP than yours. If you use AOL, try a different browser.

or

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

Most likely causes:

You are not connected to the Internet.

The website is encountering problems.

There might be a typing error in the address.

Any chance this can be hosted by someone ? as I really want to try this mod.

Did you try the FileFront mirror?

Edited by Agent Smith

oh btw agent-smith, could you implement a feature that makes the dead bodies stay? I know its possible, ive seen someone else do it, but I dont recall where. I think it could be a nice addition to your mod! What do you think?

what do you say about this?

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for that now, I'll add that in version 2.0.

Looking for that now, I'll add that in version 2.0.

looking forward for version 2.....great mod btw.....keep up the good work.

That is possible, however since the engine will then have much more to render, everyone should make sure, his / her rig can handle it because otherwise you'll torture your comp to death! :( Edited by Vth_F_Smith

• 3 weeks later...

This thread is now revived!

Here's what Version 2.0 will have:

- Edited Weapon names (See below for the changes).

- Blue corners in the HUD are now removed.

- Blood decals on bodies will now stay on the bodies when the NPC dies. Only applies to fighting NPCs such as your Ghosts, the Mexicans, and the US Marines.

- Blood cloud on impact is now even BIGGER. Around two times as large. (I'm a blood lover, sorry. :lol:)

- Fix for bug for when a cardboard box is hit, it displays the blood decal. It now displays the proper decal.

- Small props now collide with wheels.

- Single shot on weapons is now even faster than before. (INCLUDING the Mexicans' G36 and their LMG (Don't know the name).) THE M249 SAW DOES NOT HAVE A SINGLE SHOT MODE.

- Tracers are now removed. (If you want them, just delete the e_tracers.xml in the Effects folder.)

- renderer_settings.xml XMLs have been removed.

sv20xr8.th.png

TESTERS WANTED.

EDIT: Forgot the edited weapon names.

- SCAR-H

- SCAR-L

- Predator SRAW

- Glock 18

- M61 Frag Grenade

- XM-8

- XM-8 Compact

- M249 SAW

- M99 Barret

- Beretta M9

- MP5-SD

Edited by Agent Smith

The Mexicans use the HK21E

How many ppl are actually online with this mod? Cause everytime i download a mod or new map, i dont see anything, and there's hardly any servers up with ppl in them to begin with, so where are all the ppl and all servers playing this mod?

NOTICE: Tommorow I'm getting my new PC, which is a:

Pentium D 2.8 GHz

2 GB PC-???? DDR2 ("Ill find out when I get it.)

eVGA Geforce 7900 GT KO

So, I'm not going to be sending out any more betas, because I already have the beta of v2.0 backed up, and I don't want to burn an entire DVD again (I backed up the Quick.bundle for easy access) just to update it.

On Thursday, I will be sending the beta requests out.

Agent Smith, I'm really looking forward to this feature of your new mod:

- Blood decals on bodies will now stay on the bodies when the NPC dies. Only applies to fighting NPCs such as your Ghosts, the Mexicans, and the US Marines.

:yes:

silent_op