Ghost Recon 4

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love UBI contracting some former SAS members, pick one of their books, and use that storyline for a sequel. Only thing, it can't be named Ghost Recon anymore. I think we will se some even more realistic games in the future Especially the storyline and the military stratigy of GRAW can be Improved much.The way cars and fences are scattered all over the place in the most odd positions make it too obvious they were placed foor gameplay only. The GR1 Surrounding was more realistic in buildup.

I'd love to replay some SAS missions like bravo two zero in a game as nice as GRAW. (The SAS mod for GR1 was too hard for me though, I didn't even make it thrugh the first mission.... :rofl:

<_<Join the Regiment. <_<

I'd love UBI contracting some former SAS members, pick one of their books, and use that storyline for a sequel. Only thing, it can't be named Ghost Recon anymore. I think we will se some even more realistic games in the future Especially the storyline and the military stratigy of GRAW can be Improved much.The way cars and fences are scattered all over the place in the most odd positions make it too obvious they were placed foor gameplay only. The GR1 Surrounding was more realistic in buildup.

I'd love to replay some SAS missions like bravo two zero in a game as nice as GRAW. (The SAS mod for GR1 was too hard for me though, I didn't even make it thrugh the first mission.... :rofl:

<_<Join the Regiment. <_<

Spoken about a buggy, half finished game..... :P

I've seen the revieuws, and even those magazines, which are hevily sponsored by gaming company's don't dare put in a good review of this game :rofl:

no offense, but didn't red storm entertainment make LOCKDOWN... that has to be 100x worse than this no?

RSE had like 5 months to make Lockdown PC, but it still has a more complete MP than GR:AW PC. LD shipped with TDM, DM, a number of other game types and it has more MP maps than GR:AW PC. It can even be argued that it looks better than GR:AW PC as well. (Both games lack a standalone dedicated server, and proper admin tools).

In my opinion RSE needs the proper amount of time to make a game. Look at GR:AW 360 (started around the same time as GR:AW PC), its still #2 on Xbox Live a few months after release. Think about this, if 360 got the PC game, do you think it would be #2 on Live? I think not. 360 is a pretty darn good game, and it really feels like a sequel to GR1.

One only has to look at the non-RSE produced GR titles (GR1 Jungle Storm, GR2 PS2, GR:AW PS2, GR:AW Xbox, GR:AW PC) to see that Red Storm has a really good handle on the Ghost Recon series. Notice something about those other GR games? They aren't nearly as good, or true to the original, as those produced by RSE. I don't hesitate to include GR:AW PC in that group either.

RSE deserves to get another, proper, crack at a PC GR title. Give them 2 years, and they'll probably make GR:AW PC look like a bad dream.

So what do I want in GR4 PC? I want a proper Red Storm produced sequel.

I'm with you 120%.

Edited by UberSoldier

I would like a sequel to Day of the tentacle, made by the original team.

edit:

oh im sorry I thought this was the "magic wish of the day" thread, sorry, can someone move my post?

:blink::lol:

I can understand that lots of people show no mercy on your job.... you did great, and only the hard effort needed to finish a level make some people whine like that German bear did this mornin....

On the other hand it is great to have you GRIN people aboard, not many game developers dare see their groopies. Let them talk, there's always a better skipper left behind at the dockyard (Dutch proverb) :g_withgrin:

I would like a sequel to Day of the tentacle, made by the original team.

edit:

oh im sorry I thought this was the "magic wish of the day" thread, sorry, can someone move my post?

:blink::lol:

I can understand that lots of people show no mercy on your job.... you did great, and only the hard effort needed to finish a level make some people whine like that German bear did this mornin....

On the other hand it is great to have you GRIN people aboard, not many game developers dare see their groopies. Let them talk, there's always a better skipper left behind at the dockyard (Dutch proverb) :g_withgrin:

im just joking around:)

I think what you are trying to say with your proverb that people always think the grass is greener on the other side?

Personally, I'd like to see RSE get another crack at it. After all they got

me hooked to this game in the first place. Nothing against GRiN.

MAN that would be so nice

Nothin against GRIN here too.

GRAW is another game.

But ya... id like to see RSE again on the production.

Is seein C.A. hangin on this topic since a couple days means anythin fer the future??? :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::P

jkjk.

Edited by pagey

Don't hold your breath. My guess = no GR4 for PC. And with all the bitching and moaning, we have no one but ourselves to blame.

So people expressing their negative views about GR:AW would be enough for Ubi to not have a PC version of GR4? That doesn't make sense. People didn't react well to R6:LD, I would say the overall reaction was FAR worse than GR:AW PC, yet Vegas will have a PC version.

All feedback is welcome, good and bad.

Thats a quote by someone I have a good deal of respect for, if he accepts both the good and the bad about his title, why should PC be different? People have the right to express an opinion that is negative, and as long as they do it logically, to me it isn't "bitching and moaning". Yes some people go overboard, and don't say anything other than the game sucks, but, not all things negative are bad.

The negative feedback GR:AW PC is drawing, from some groups of people, gives the developers of 4 an idea where not to go with a future title. That seems like a positive to me.

The PC market draws a decent amount of revenue, and I don't think Ubi is going to ignore that. They have PC versions of the next SC and R6 on the way, I would fathom a guess there will be another PC GR as well.

If anything, negative sales figures and such may drive Ubi to do something that worked in the past; one GR for every platform. . . I think GR1 worked out pretty dang good for everyone. *runs*

who will develop gr4? this is not the problem..

the real problem is..will ubi keep giving guidelines to them? (only one playable character, hollywood style non replayable missions, teen rated -> minimal hit realism)

coz if this is what will happen, my only hope is that the Gr4 Dev Team will be as mod-friendly as Grin is..

Edited by DiGiTALY -TC-

http://forums.3dgamers.com/showthread.php?t=3630

http://pc.ign.com/articles/569/569605p1.html

That was from November 30, 2004 stating that RS4 (now known as Lockdown) was in production for the XBox, PS, and PC. So whoever said 5 months to work on the game is severely mistaken. RSE screwed up Lockdown big time. They claim it's not a port of the PS2 version, yet if you play both of them, you can see the PC version is just the PS2 version missing a few things and with only a handful of things added. With how horrible RSE was, I would hate to see them touch anything with the Clancy name on it ever again. Horrible game, horrible support, and 1 patch that didn't do much to fix the game. I'll take GRiN and GRAW over RSE and R6LD anyday.

Besides, it's as if they want to sweep Lockdown under the rug and feed us Vegas (announced shortly after Lockdowns release). Wasted $50 on that game, and yet here's GRiN helping us out from day one and STILL here.

Edited by Nutlink

Don't hold your breath. My guess = no GR4 for PC. And with all the bitching and moaning, we have no one but ourselves to blame.

So people expressing their negative views about GR:AW would be enough for Ubi to not have a PC version of GR4? That doesn't make sense. People didn't react well to R6:LD, I would say the overall reaction was FAR worse than GR:AW PC, yet Vegas will have a PC version.

hey brother, ease up...that's not what I said, that's what YOU heard. I just said my guess is, no GR4 for PC. I didnt say why. My second "moaning and bitching" comment was because with as much abuse GRIN took here and elsewhere, just pure farkin abuse, why would any other dev be willing to step up and put their head on the chopping block? People expressing their views would never be enough to persuade UBI to make, nor not make, a game. UBI's decision is based on $. nothing else, $.

Edited by Tortfeaser

My second "moaning and bitching" comment was because with as much abuse GRIN took here and elsewhere, just pure farkin abuse, why would any other dev be willing to step up and put their head on the chopping block?

RSE is still hanging around these forums, and I'd hazard to say they've taken more abuse then GRIN has over the past 5 years. Every game has people who hate it, every game has some sort of totally negative reaction and people slagging off on it. The GRIN guys (or any other developer) just need to know when to step away from a thread and ignore it (they probably do already), I do it all the time. :thumbsup:

That was from November 30, 2004 stating that RS4 (now known as Lockdown) was in production for the XBox, PS, and PC. So whoever said 5 months to work on the game is severely mistaken. RSE screwed up Lockdown big time.

Except GR2 was also announced as having been started at the same time for both Xbox and PC. As we all know RSE put GR2 PC on the back burner to finish GR2 Xbox, once that was completed they picked PC back up and were working on it at the time of its cancellation. LD PC followed the same model, once console was done, resources were allocated to the PC version.

With how horrible RSE was, I would hate to see them touch anything with the Clancy name on it ever again.

Yet RSE has a title out there that is #2 on Xbox Live, you know GR:AW 360. There are alot of people out there having a lot of fun with that title. . . I think you'll see them working on Clancy titles for awhile longer.

when GR4 comes i don't care who makes it, just as long as there is dedication and time, no more fast production sceduals but pure time to make the best of it, whether grin does GR4 or RSE i don't care both show dedication but it "sometimes" is not up to them i think when it comes to scedualing things

i was happy with RSE games, although i thought that RvS was a start in the wrong direction it still was enjoyable,

grin made a good start with GRAW and given time i think it will be able to surpass [GR]

so when it comes to GR4, let the best man make it, but not before GRAW is complete and with good gaming time, when GR4 comes too soon this game we have now might be, to use a common word, unutilized

but it all is up to ubi, lets hope they make a wise dicision......

The game itself is excellent and like GRIin have said the game will be better as patches fix and improve the product.

Are you kidding? Improve? I never believe it, because the engine is not have potential to be more fast. GRIN patch the raw game. The haven't business to improve the game, because I think that they haven't time to do it.

So my opinion:

- Grin shouldn't do GR4 because GRAW is not much like GR and GRAW more arcadly then ORG, so it's not a simulator.

- The features of [GR] must be use in GR4.

- The natural maps must be in GR4.

- Red Storm Entertament forever!

- No f...king console engines on PC!

GRIN should do games like Quake and etc. I think it's will be better.

Edited by RLT-Olegrus

Except GR2 was also announced as having been started at the same time for both Xbox and PC. As we all know RSE put GR2 PC on the back burner to finish GR2 Xbox, once that was completed they picked PC back up and were working on it at the time of its cancellation. LD PC followed the same model, once console was done, resources were allocated to the PC version.

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/505/505101p1.html

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/tomcla...con2/index.html

http://www.ghostrecon.com/us/newspost.php?id=10604

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/tomclanc...six4/index.html

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/04/11/news_6122066.html

Ghost Recon 2 (XBox) was announced on April 8th, 2004, and released on November 16, 2004. Lockdown was announced on November 30th, 2004 and released February 16, 2006. Granted it was already in production, but Ghost Recon 2 was already out of the way by the time they could focuse on Lockdown. The PC version of Ghost Recon 2 was announced cancelled on April 11, 2005.

April 8th, 2004 - Ghost Recon 2 announced

November 16, 2004 - Ghost Recon 2 released (XBox)

November 30, 2004 - Rainbow Six Lockdown announced (PC,XBox,PS2)

April 11, 2005 - Ghost Recon 2 cancelled (PC)

February 16, 2006 - Rainbow Six Lockdown released (PC)

Yet RSE has a title out there that is #2 on Xbox Live, you know GR:AW 360. There are alot of people out there having a lot of fun with that title. . . I think you'll see them working on Clancy titles for awhile longer.

Only one problem with that game though. It's on the console. RSE is more focused on consoles now that PC gamers, so if they were to get Ghost Recon 4 the same thing would happen all over again (be put on the back burner until the console version is completed).

Edited by Nutlink

Ive dled the E3 walk throughs of Vegas for the xbox , its great!!!!! Very much like rouge spear . I dont own a console but the rainbow six crowd is listening to the PC world and if they can pull off Vegas for the PC the way we are asking, and for the thier own reasons and admissions on Lockdown.......Ill be back into the rainbow series and garage sale this game.