Ghost Recon 4

I'd rather have GRIN do gr4 than some new startup companies. They are at least trying to patch the game.

Consistency...now there's a concept! :thumbsup:

Oh, by the way...nice view!

Edited by noquarter

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love UBI contracting some former SAS members, pick one of their books, and use that storyline for a sequel. Only thing, it can't be named Ghost Recon anymore. I think we will se some even more realistic games in the future Especially the storyline and the military stratigy of GRAW can be Improved much.The way cars and fences are scattered all over the place in the most odd positions make it too obvious they were placed foor gameplay only. The GR1 Surrounding was more realistic in buildup.

I'd love to replay some SAS missions like bravo two zero in a game as nice as GRAW. (The SAS mod for GR1 was too hard for me though, I didn't even make it thrugh the first mission.... :rofl:

Why would there be SAS missions in a game which's namesake is a part of the US special forces? :huh:

There was a mod for GR1

Why I like SAS is that it is a no nonsence unit, They really have a tactical vieuw, and rather than the US military go in in a small squad and fix what neets to be taken care off. GRAW in my opinion is unraealistic since these situations arent taken care of by 4 man squads only in the US way.... Since there are many nice books with a storyline very suitable for a game about SAS missions on the market I would love to see a game build on that rather than a Tom Clancy storyline.

And since I like Ghost Recon and GRAW I'd love to see them both combined.

Has GRiN been approached to do GR4 ????? or would they be intrested in taking the project on ?

I think I can guess what Bo's reaction would be to that after all the flak he got from this one!

I hope not. They ignored most of what made [GR] great and didn't pay much attention to what could have made GRAW an [GR] killer. And I'm far from being the only guy to think that. One of the members here who I respect immensely feels the same way, and he's a real operator. I think you all know who that is.

Well, here is what I personally would hope for in GR4.

I would like to see something similar in its basic format to GR1. Similar, NOT the same, and only in its basic format.

Here is what I mean by basic format;

Let the player assume the roll of "command" and take the mission as they would like to. I liked this about the first GR.

A good number of different maps in different environments with varying weather conditions.

Very open maps like [GR] or OFP where you can roam free anywhere and go any place you want.

Now onto the changes.

An update of the sighting system. Something more like Operation Flashpoint would be preferable, but since GR4 would be farther into the future the iron sights can be "done away with". The optics could function more like an IOR 1.1-4X (or a Schmit Bender short dot) where bringing the weapon up immediately goes to the optics at 1.1X magnification instead of ironsights, and then the scroll of the mouse wheel brings up the optics to 4X.

The addition of having to compensate for bullet drop would also be welcome, as would the need to lead a moving target at distance.

A fatigue meter of sorts would be nice to, or at least allow for when you are out of breath, the sight sway would be more pronounced, again like Operation Flashpoint or even Sniper Elite had this feature.

More complex building interiors would also be nice. I'm not talking about complete interiors to every building, but just more access than GR1 offered.

Better AI, better AI, better AI, need I say more?

More freedom of movement, [GR] had too many hard boundaries where you could not go, such as over a small ledge, over a small fence, the ability to move closer to the edge of a cliff, and heck why not go off of it too. Heck Halo allows you to do that and if you think it would be a problem, then try Operation Flashpoint, it simply adds realism to the gaming experience.

More realistic damage model. What I mean by this is that if you are shot, and not even in the leg, you should not be able to run at full speed. Ever taken a round to the chest? I know people who have, or have been next to someone in combat who have. A hit to the leg should not be the only thing that slows you down.

Muzzle rise and reciol that is more accurate to how a SF operative might handle a weapon. going full auto at close range should not send the muzzle to the sky. Even a .308 full auto can be handled without too much issue. The pattern you shoot may be wider as control is a bit more difficult, but there is no reason the muzzle should "go to the sky". That is just poor perception on the part of devs.

Go to any MG shoot. there are people shooting .308 ARs all day without any rounds going sky high. Again, the groups are not tight, but the rounds are not all flying overhead.

More commands for your squad, again, something like Operation Flashpoint would be nice.

I realise that no game is perfect, or can meet everyone's expectations, but these are just some things that I personally feel would add to the GR experience. Yes, I know some of you will disagree, but this is what this thread is for right? Just my take on "GR4".

jchung

good post .............(objective) that's what they working on :thumbsup::thumbsup:

no more sci fi ................for that .......they already developing Haze .

so lets see in 12 more months (from now), news about this , around XMAS , some updates .

cheers

Edited by Cuchillo*

I hear ya Damolee !!

that,s a Great studio Bohemia Interactive , publisher Codemasters .

Operation Flashpoint its a fun game and Armed Assault its gonna be a fun Online experinece too ,..... now imagine GR4 sort of like That? ?!!!

Thats what we want !! Thats what we pLAY !! that,s Ghost Recon game essence.......a cool Mp experince.... a battlefield...this new Studio in charge of developing the "new version of GR" its getting the picture about TOM CLANCY'S idea of Ghost recon .

Ghost Recon game = an actual soldier , not a FUTURE ADVANCE blah blah blah a NO NO of ( Sci FI bad implemented), this new studio really got some good background , lets see how it ends , but they are in good track , (so far so good) . :thumbsup:

but YES def. Armad Assault will be real fun !! :o=

Cheers

Edited by Cuchillo*

Didnt the main people that made [GR] quit RSE. Im with some and say RSE have gone down the tube with their games and are making run and gun stuff with good graphics.

Id personally like a [Ghost Recon]+Americas Army game, now you may say go play Americas Army if you want GR like that but i dont want everything in it plus its not moddable. Ghost Recon one had a feeling to it when you ran, when you started taking fire, when you crawled and saw an enemy. Americas Army has a great hud, FPS view, grenade throw/impact, shooting and sniping feel good.

I call for GR4 to have a forest enviroment.

Didnt the main people that made [GR] quit RSE. Im with some and say RSE have gone down the tube with their games and are making run and gun stuff with good graphics.

Id personally like a [Ghost Recon]+Americas Army game, now you may say go play Americas Army if you want GR like that but i dont want everything in it plus its not moddable. Ghost Recon one had a feeling to it when you ran, when you started taking fire, when you crawled and saw an enemy. Americas Army has a great hud, FPS view, grenade throw/impact, shooting and sniping feel good.

I call for GR4 to have a forest enviroment.

If you mixed any type of gameplay into [GR].. you would be just watering it down. For the next GR to be perfect, all that has to be done is to make it identical in terms of gameplay,options and weapon and map selections. Then build from there. There is no other game out there that would go good by mixing some of the parts of it into [GR]. The end solution would always be watered down.

Doesnt matter though, there will probably never be a game experience that was as good as GR1. By the time GR4 comes, we will sound like abunch of old senile folks to the new players in the franchise, trying to explain how 8track tapes are so much better than Cds.

IF there is going to be a GR4, which I highly doubt, then RSE is the company to do it IMHO. They did a great job on [GR], they did a good job on GR2 (PS2) and the XBox 360 GR3 is awesome as well... No offense but RSE deffinately has my preference over GRiN.

The reason I doubt that there will be a GR4 is this:

1. GR and GR2 (PS2) were niche games.

2. GR never really took off.

3. GR:AW is a benchmark game.

To be perfectly honest, I don't think we will see another edition of GR.

If you think i'm gonna spend the next two or three years wringing my hands over what GR4 might or might not be then you are crazy. I've done enough typing over what i'd like the GR1 sequel to be only to have a potentially good but current clunker dropped on us that won't even run on most computers.

Lifes too short and as i started playing GR1 at age 35 which meant that at that time i had about another 40 years to live at most, i waited about 12.5% of my remaining years for the follow up to GR1. I'm not gonnna spend the next 10% of my remaining years fretting over the next installment. I'm done careing to be honest. Moving on to other games.

I'll still try to play GRAW when i get a better computer and GR4 whatever it is along with other games, I'm just done being a dedicated expecter/carer is all.

to be honest i dont care who devlopes the game. res,grin, some unknown company what does itamtter> if they ahve the skills the time the urge and the $ to produce it? a name is a name nothing else. big names can make bad games small names can make bad games but bouth can make great games too. (as tro who is better gr is the only res title i ever reallyp;layed and to em its about even with grins verson)

as to what i want

same view as teh rog. not this off centered junk the zoom that you had in the org might not be supre realstic but when i "see" gr in my head that is what i think of the small cross hairs and zoom

the same server options that where in the org mp lobby and even more

a looby like the org for people to start the check box to start have to ahve all ready before map loads the everything about the mp looby in the org

(most people prob wont like this but i would love it) something like the sensor. for people who get killed more then they kill can still have usefullness (aka sensor people in the org)

the same modes that the org had (the same is just fine) and maybe a new mode if they could think of one

replays. not just to help in the anti cheat aspects but to be able to watch them and learn from them (and i dont care about ageia id rather have less eye candy and have replays)

(if you couldnt tell im a team deathmath person and dont care about sp/co opo really but better be good for those who do)

Edited by REDMONSTER

GR4 ???

think it would be GR3 cause graw is GR2 pc wise .....

think the next GR will be even heavier and more demanding on the pc

and it will depend on graws succes

first GRAW should get up there to meet every ones hopes and or dreams

so we can FLAME GR4 or GR3 in comparisment to GRAW !!!!

looking out for the coop/tdm patch and an expansion :)

then play it for years so we can all get back to whinning about the new kid on the block (gr3/4)

RSE deserves to get another, proper, crack at a PC GR title. Give them 2 years, and they'll probably make GR:AW PC look like a bad dream.

Agreed. :yes: I wouldn't doubt that what RSE had already done for GR2 PC would have been better than GRAW. :hmm:

RSE deserves to get another, proper, crack at a PC GR title. Give them 2 years, and they'll probably make GR:AW PC look like a bad dream.

Agreed. :yes: I wouldn't doubt that what RSE had already done for GR2 PC would have been better than GRAW. :hmm:

give grin two years and see what they come up with, cause we have not seen that yet