New info on the GRAW update [Screens also]

Holy PATCH!!!

Nice job GRIN, You covered A lot!

Modders verify with me... no zones in Domination will not crash it + take out the use of tactical points... is that pretty much the same as Team deathmatch if played with no spawns or allow the ability of?

This definitely sounds like TDM to me.

As far as turning off tactical points, that sounds like we don't have to buy weapon upgrades as the game progresses, which, if that's the case, is a very close second to DM in terms of making me happy. :)

It won't be with no zones at all, since the spawn points are tied to zones. You must at least have the two base zones. You can remove all other zones from the map though at which point it is very close to TDM. Two of the three problems with the current state of the TDM mod are going to be fixed with this patch (people rejoining after they've run out of spawns and we will be able to resize and create smaller maps for it). The only problem that will still exist so far as I know, unless they've done something to that as well is that when played with infinite spawns, it won't properly detect who won the round, so it's really only effective in limited spawn games.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New weapons? Sure it would be cool to have more of a selection for weapons, but there are far more important things first. Since GR:AW is in the year 2013 most of the weapons used now probably wouldn't be used in any modern military, especially the Ghosts. If I have read things right, the SCAR is replacing the M4 and M16 and the XM8 is going to replace the SCAR eventually. I could be just imagining I read that somewhere though.

* AI now correctly identifies mounted weapons and gun nests as threat.

* AI will now attack vehicles with soldiers that they can harm (including helicopters).

* AI will now always go into combat mode if being fired upon.

* AI teammates are more prone to seek lower covers. They will sit down instantly when taking fire.

* AI teammates will try to avoid running in front of you when you are shooting, if you are close enough.

THANK ALL THAT IS HOLY!

New weapons? Sure it would be cool to have more of a selection for weapons, but there are far more important things first. Since GR:AW is in the year 2013 most of the weapons used now probably wouldn't be used in any modern military, especially the Ghosts. If I have read things right, the SCAR is replacing the M4 and M16 and the XM8 is going to replace the SCAR eventually. I could be just imagining I read that somewhere though.

Thats a negative. The XM8 program was designed to replace the M16/M4 family of rifles, but was cancelled in 2004 or so.

The SCAR family is most likely just staying with special operation units, not widespread use like the M16.

Thats a negative. The XM8 program was designed to replace the M16/M4 family of rifles, but was cancelled in 2004 or so.

The SCAR family is most likely just staying with special operation units, not widespread use like the M16.

Wasn't the XM8 originally the OICW project also before being canceled? I don't know all the gun history is why i asked

Wasn't the XM8 originally the OICW project also before being canceled? I don't know all the gun history is why i asked

This web site has great information on Guns from around the world. Have used this site for my own information since the OG GR.

http://world.guns.ru/main-e.htm

Crappy looking site but great writen content.

I am I right in thinking that if the Team Leader dies in co-op its still "Game Over"?

Hmm good point, I didnt see that mentioned either.

I also wonder if your teamates can hear the dialogue in Co-op as well because as far as it is now only the TL hears anything thats going on. I found it a little shocking to give an order, have it vocally aknowledged by a teamate(AI or player) and they dont even hear themselves say it? I normally host so I hear everything but being a teamate is like being in a bubble.

Edited by LT.INSTG8R

I really havn't heard a whole lot of good talk with the FN SCAR. Theres been quite a been of talk among operators with the HK 416. Although I havn't had my chance to get my hands on one. As they say... Why fix it if it isn't broke...

I am I right in thinking that if the Team Leader dies in co-op its still "Game Over"?

It is not realistic for the game to be over in coop if Team Leader is killed. When we get to the point of scripting coop missions, that team 'leader dies game over' feature hopefully will be phased out. I hope it will be in this upcoming patch.

Now in GR one, another Team leader was set up to take the lead if the primary was killed. Having the option to designate a second man in-charge or even a third would be good. Are Team Leaders important? They are where I play.

Or, if a Team loses a leader? It is really just simple enough just to make a decision on-comms who is going to take over leading the Team in the rest of the mission. A simple feature that symbollically designates another leader as decided pre-set before the mission even starts? If you have good comms /communication.....thats all you need. But to consider that not all players use voice comms.

Agreed. I and my fellow GR players would gladly pass on ALL other mod's to have this ONE change....to be honest the co-op game is getting really old having to replay the mission over and over because the poor ###### who is forced to play Mitchel decided to get involved in the game and got shot. Honestly, no one in the group now wants to be Mitchel...no one. Poor ###### gets a stream of abuse and hatred...not a good experience.

Edited by davros

This is something I feel we are going to get in the future say July or August.

Its an awfull lot of work and will take time, together with other coop changes it will, I feel change the game a lot.

It should be obvious now to most people that the team make changes based on common sence feed back from the community.

A lot of the 1.16 add ons and fixes are pure game play common sence.

Tedsmith, openable doors is just a matter of making a prop object with a hinge.. :) even tho that will have to wait until the 3dsmaxexporter arrives

Meaning we can use 3dsmax to make objects, textures, etc. and export them to be used in GRAW? :P

Not that I have 3dsmax but it's good to know since I know the community will be able to come up with alot of cool stuff.

BTW this is one hell of a add on/patch. Don't you GRIN guys sleep? THX. :) There is alot of stuff that was on the forums that is in the add on/patch.

Edited by Athenian

The "Game Over" when the TL dies is handicapping the co-op side of the game to the point that it is not worth playing. I realise that MP "Run and Gun" is far more popular than co-op and will be supported first but overlooking the co-op side of the game is ridiculous. The major part of GR1's success was that it was open to how the user wanted to play the game.

The anti-cheat addon, just says that it will do a check on files before entering a server to make sure they match that of the servers. I sure hope this isnt the end all to the anticheat system. That is a very basic anti-cheat method. It is basically like the "pure server" on\off function you see in most other games. I hope we get a system incorporated that will detected D3D hacks, Injectors, Aimbots etc etc.. At the very least, some replays.

There really isnt enough in this patch. That will make me very excited to play the game again. The best thing about the patch would be the map editing tools and I will definitley play around with that. But, without a decent gametype to play the maps in....I`ll still be on the sidelines just playin around with the editor waiting for a better team oriented game type.

Will the Map editor also include a mission editor? Or is that later to come?

I really havn't heard a whole lot of good talk with the FN SCAR. Theres been quite a been of talk among operators with the HK 416. Although I havn't had my chance to get my hands on one. As they say... Why fix it if it isn't broke...

That's weird...another person who used to be a regular of this forum and also located at Bragg sings praise for the SCAR programme whenever asked about it. :unsure: And I've never heared him mention much about the 416 at all...atleast not after getting his hands on the SCAR