Ghost Recon.net Forums

Excerpt

"A. Because GRAW PC would have then been released for Christmas 2006! Fans have been waiting for quite long for a sequel to the [Ghost Recon] and we have worked hard to offer them a great experience in terms of tactical FPS including a deep solo experience and two really exciting MP modes,..."

Yes, yes, Domination Mode is so exciting that there are at least 100 players per night!

Well done on your "exciting mode."

"Q. Lots of fans will be happy to see that deathmatch is back, what can they expect to see?

A. I know, fans have been very demanding for this mode and we are very glad to provide a strong DM game experience. Three different maps will be available, including..."

What? Did I miss something? Vert demanding? I've yet to see some serious threads clamoring for DM mode, its TDM...The article circle clearly has its effect!

nice pandering interview...

Just give us a darn date as to when we can expect some TDM...and then this community will really be excited!!!

Edited by semperfi_bohica

I agree, I still won't play online with DM, if I wanted to run around blasting crap without teamwork, i'd play FEAR DM, a game more suited to a solo blast fest.

What it does do, is give us a good indication of what's to come.

DM is a step in the right direction. It's way better than this arcade like Domination mode. Right now i feel like i'm trapped in a Battlefield 2 server, with the damn slow movement of AAO :lol:

DM is a step in the right direction. It's way better than this arcade like Domination mode. Right now i feel like i'm trapped in a Battlefield 2 server, with the damn slow movement of AAO :lol:

And soon you will feel like you'r trapped in a Quake1 server, with the damn slow movement of AAO.

Domination ... arcade mode ?! :wacko:

If feel that on every front,.. we are again being manipulated by UBI and GRIN to accept a 'dumbing down' of our expected game play.

And everyone here is so fast to thank UBI and GRIN for any crumbs thrown our way. UBI has had years and years and years to dev this next version of the GR game for us PC players. And all I hear from them and their supporters, is immature info spin with a big smiley :) face.

i'm confused as to how there will be an anti-aliasing feature. they going to take away the lighting?

quess. its not actuall "Anti-aliasing" but more a "cheat". i think they are trying to "cheat" deferred lighting in some way. One idea is to put higher resolution and scale it down. for example: you choose "800x600" it will choose 1024x768? but Scaled town to 800x600.

you choose 1600x... it's in real 1800x... but scaled down to 1600... to there will be far more edges visible. even if you pick 800x600. effective way for example in Photoshop.

Did i miss when patch is coming out?

Still no word on dedicated server files or new guns and only 3 maps i was hopen for 6 maps.I just hope TDM has more then 3 maps in next pacth.

But all the fixes and stuff they added sounds great more then i expected.Now I cant wait for next patch,just think by dec 2006 we'll have a finished game WooT!!!

Call me a newb...but I am confused about the whole DM vs. TDM thing.

What is DM (Death Match) in multiplayer if it isn't TDM (Team Death Match)? What is the difference? And if the DM mode they are adding isn't Team vs. Team, what is it?

DM is an "every man for himself" mode. TDM is with teams.

What is DM (Death Match) in multiplayer if it isn't TDM (Team Death Match)? What is the difference? And if the DM mode they are adding isn't Team vs. Team, what is it?

Ahhhh...gotcha. Do'h! Ok...now I am confused about WHY THE HELL they would put that in over TDM!?!?!? And are we 100% sure that is what they are refering too when they say DM?

Edited by Druac_Blaise

I think the grin team might be more into games like UNREAL TOURNAMENT and QUAKE, cause everyone knows death match is only done for a low amount of players on a GR server for small maps. 99% of the time its TDM or CTF in GR. I wonder y :unsure: they chose Domination for the release and now DM for the patch. Such a waste of resources. :blink:

Ahhhh...gotcha. Do'h! Ok...now I am confused about WHY THE HELL they would put that in over TDM!?!?!? And are we 100% sure that is what they are refering too when they say DM?

Yes. 100% I asked about a month ago and got that answer.