WEAPON GAP, GRIN PLEASE DELIVER

There is a gap between the Scar and its scope and the M99 and its scope.

I would like to see two weapons fill this gap.

1. A bolt action sniper rifle. This would be a smaller caliber than the 50 cal m99, like a .308. It would have a slightly weaker scope than the M99. But it would have a faster rate of fire but not as fast as a semi auto.

2. A weapon thats a little better long range than the SCAR but not as good as a pure sniper rifle.

It would have a better scope than the SCAR has, but it could only shoot in single shot and three shot burst, not full auto.

I would also like to see the MR-C improved somehow but not to make it over powering in the game.

Edited by Blaster

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blaster has a good point.

An extra 2 sniper rifles would make a lot of sense in the coop world.

In the fullness of time when the coop aspect of the game is sorted we hope to see coop tournies start to appear.

When I spoke to Bo about the number of weapons he seemed quite keen that the modding community would add to the game in a big way. This is a good thing, however there is a down side.

Coop tournies are often as not (and IMHO, best) run with the game as it ships without mods.

Considering this, it would be good to see a scope option for the SCAR that would equate to an updated SR25.

The realistic application of a fixed magnification that GRAW uses would balance things quite well.

I also feel that there is a place for a bolt action sniper rifle of the L96A1 type, with a higher ammo count than the M99, as an aside, personally I feel that the manual reload of sniper rifles is a good thing!

Personally I have never been a massive fan of the “more is better†philosophy when it comes to weapons in game. I want to have the right tools for the job and train with them.

Thoughts?

Personally I think 4 more weapons would do nicely.

A larger caliber sidearm : HK MK23.

A semi-auto and lighter sniper rifle : HK PSG1.

An SMG that packs more punch : HK UMP45.

A more commonly used rifle used today : M16 oh heck, just give me a HK G36 or G3A3.

I really like HKs toys :D

Personally I think 4 more weapons would do nicely.

A larger caliber sidearm : HK MK23.

A semi-auto and lighter sniper rifle : HK PSG1.

An SMG that packs more punch : HK UMP45.

A more commonly used rifle used today : M16 oh heck, just give me a HK G36 or G3A3.

I really like HKs toys :D

Amen to that. I'd love to be able to use the G36, and we do need another 7.62 rifle, as well as a .40 or .45 cal pistol.

The game needs a lot more weapons, the few it has is one of the biggest turnoffs....more of everything-sniper rifles, belt-fed MG's, SMG's, you name it.

If the game is going to be modded, then generally the orginal intent of time and the story are completely discarded to me; therefore weapons that soldiers use now should emerge. And for god's sake, different reports from weapons-that is key.

Frankly, I'd be happier if there were only a few more options in terms of weapons/mods, and if the existing weapons were instead re-tooled to provide a bit more variety.

Right now, I feel like we've got a sniper rifle, an LMG, (3) identical assault rifles and (1) really weak but stable rifle. Sure, the SCAR-H is a tiny bit more powerful, and a tiny bit less stable . . . make it kick like a mule, drop people in 1 shot, and give it an option for a fixed zoom scope, so it can be the semi-auto sniper/designated marksman rifle. Make the fictional rifle worthwhile . . . somehow.

All I see on servers are SCAR-Ls, M8s, one guy with a sniper rifle, and occasionally an Mk48, when somebody's rich and has a phobia of reloading. Rather than 20 assault rifles to choose from, I'd rather have 5 that everyone can find a use for.

add acogs as second type of combat sight

add weapons

m468

mk12

mk23

MK14 would kind of be a cool edition but not sure if it would fit in the game.

exactly :ninja: , damn prozac made me come out of the darkness , lol

Frankly, I'd be happier if there were only a few more options in terms of weapons/mods, and if the existing weapons were instead re-tooled to provide a bit more variety.

Right now, I feel like we've got a sniper rifle, an LMG, (3) identical assault rifles and (1) really weak but stable rifle. Sure, the SCAR-H is a tiny bit more powerful, and a tiny bit less stable . . . make it kick like a mule, drop people in 1 shot, and give it an option for a fixed zoom scope, so it can be the semi-auto sniper/designated marksman rifle. Make the fictional rifle worthwhile . . . somehow.

All I see on servers are SCAR-Ls, M8s, one guy with a sniper rifle, and occasionally an Mk48, when somebody's rich and has a phobia of reloading. Rather than 20 assault rifles to choose from, I'd rather have 5 that everyone can find a use for.

im with him, function over fashion! :grin3:

In the fullness of time when the coop aspect of the game is sorted we hope to see coop tournies start to appear.

Coop Tournaments. Now here's two words that I like. The ability to mod missions. To have the ability to go in and complete certain objectives in the map. I hope the game editor will give the scripters and modders that opportunity.

I'll be seriously ###### off if they add the M16 or M4 to this game. I will be even more ###### off if we are still using those rifles in 7 years.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it...think ma deuce.

Remember what they replaced the 45 with.

M16A4 : M203, vert. hand grip, eotech, reflex scope, acog pic

M4A1: " " " " ", suppressor (we all know what an M4 looks like)

MEU SOC pistol bottom pistol

M14 Designated Marksman Rifle: Suppressor pic

Those are selections I'd like to see be added.

Oh I also forgot to add to my list (m14 DMR, M16A4, M4A1, MEU(SOC) .45) I also think that the SAM R would be a cool rifle to add

A cool sniper rifle with accurate 5.56mm precision

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3b/MEU_SAMR.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f...per-rifle-2.jpg

http://www.dogfightink.com/sam-r.jpg

You are reading my mind. Nice selection. This game needs to drop the M8 which has not been selected and never will be selected by the US Army and possibly even the MRC which is nothing more than a concept rifle and get back the fan favourites and a little bit of reality. The current selection is just too small

Well, let's all take a dose of 'realism,' here.

They're not going to remove the M8 or the MR-C; they're not going to remove anything, because all anyone has been doing is asking for more of this or that.

Furthermore, it's unlikely and inappropriate for the devs to revamp the arsenal to represent only current, in-use weapons; the game is set in the future, and while there may be issues with some of the weapons shown, it would be contrary to the design intent of the game to replace the future weapons set with a contemporary one.

Yes, it's true that all of the weapons everyone is clamoring for might very well be in use in 2013. It's also likely that nobody will have cameras or mini projectors on their helmets by then. At this point, we're back to demanding that GRAW be patched to GR1, and it's simply not happening. Possibly by modders, but not by the devs.

Although it will never be in this game, the AK-47 is coming to 60 years old and it's one of the most popular automatic in the world in 2006. It would be good to have a few extra weapons, some of the latest and a couple of the classics, my personal adds are:

M82A1, SVD Dragunov, OICW, M60 7.62x51mm, but it will never happen. :(