VoIP

Just had some really fun games using TS for VoIP but took ages to get eveyone working on it. What a shame that a game of this standard lacks an option for voice over ip, I mean how long has CS had it ? even BF2 included it ?!?!? Surely voice is better than typing enemy on my arrgghh........

Maybe in a future patch GRIN can think about human voice for MP ?

Don't count on it, GRIN+UBI's position on this was made clear at the beginning

There will be no ingame voice communication, There are enough good external tools available

All serious clans/groups already use either TS or Ventrillo and the majority run their own coms server either on the game server or on a separate box.

and TS/Vent are easy enough for the non-clan player to either find an "open" TS/Vent server with a channel they can use or for one of the group to host a temporary "server" on whoever has the best PC and Net connection.

while there is no doubt an integrated VoIP is handy for the player who hasn't yet discovered TS/Vent or don't have a group of mates they regularly play with,

most serious players regards it as "extra unnecessary bloat" or "mostly rendered useless by kiddies or other idiots" and on games where there is an on board VoIP will still use their own established controlled TS/Vent channels.

The only downside to this is that on the larger player games (JO, BF2 Etc) it is common to have several groups on the same side each using their own TS/Vent server... But in mitigation most good clans/groups will use the chat function to indicate IP of the sever they are using to encourage other players on the same side to "jump on coms" with them

Just had some really fun games using TS for VoIP but took ages to get eveyone working on it. What a shame that a game of this standard lacks an option for voice over ip, I mean how long has CS had it ? even BF2 included it ?!?!? Surely voice is better than typing enemy on my arrgghh........

Maybe in a future patch GRIN can think about human voice for MP ?

As Pave low said, it's been mentioned a few times.

thr0tt on a lite point, this humorous video will give you pointers to the forum

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Don't count on it, GRIN+UBI's position on this was made clear at the beginning

There will be no ingame voice communication, There are enough good external tools available

All serious clans/groups already use either TS or Ventrillo and the majority run their own coms server either on the game server or on a separate box.

and TS/Vent are easy enough for the non-clan player to either find an "open" TS/Vent server with a channel they can use or for one of the group to host a temporary "server" on whoever has the best PC and Net connection.

while there is no doubt an integrated VoIP is handy for the player who hasn't yet discovered TS/Vent or don't have a group of mates they regularly play with, most serious players regards it as "extra unnecessary bloat" or "mostly rendered useless by kiddies or other idiots" and on games where there is an on board VoIP will still use their own established controlled TS/Vent channels.

Or in other words why waste bandwidth "ingame" when you can invite/Ban the ass off of anyone that you want to using Ts/Vent :g_guns:

Had an odd incident with Counterstrikes in game voice comms, the whole of the team I was in sang all the way through the match, needless to say I left after about 10 minutes...

Lol 10 minutes! I wuoud have been outathere after the first chorus of whatever brittany spears song the were singing! :whistle::P:sheep: