Point control mode popular?

Now that I can play this game on Max settings...I was thinking of buying it. But, I was wondering is the Domination mode or whatever it's called pretty popular? I don't care much for DM...but I really enjoy the strategic value of the Point control mode...but if it's not that popular..it's just not worth it for me...

It's the only official "Adversarial" mode available, so other than COOP, that's what everyone is playing. I'd say the mode is popular by default. I'm not a big fan of the mode, but do enjoy playing it from time to time. There are always at least a half dozen servers with a good number of players on them at any given hour of the day. That's certainly enough activity to get your game on.

Edited by Low Profile

It's the only official "Adversarial" mode available, so other than COOP, that's what everyone is playing. I'd say the mode is popular by default. I'm not a big fan of the mode, but do enjoy playing it from time to time. There are always at least a half dozen servers with a good number of players on them at any given hour of the day. That's certainly enough activity to get your game on.

Awesome, thanks a lot. :) Just didn't want to be one of 10 playing.<grin>

Awesome, thanks a lot. :) Just didn't want to be one of 10 playing.<grin>

More like you will be one out of 100 playing it ^^ The patch might change that thou.

Even as dead as MP is right now, due to lack of other MP modes as well as the lack of true dedicated servers, I have never really had any trouble finding a game at normal gaming hours.

That being said, I don't find myself sticking around very long when playing Domination, only because it really isn't living up to the developers goals. Your tactical experience really depends on the server you join and if there are people on trying to organize a tactical experience...or if there are just a bunch of run-and-gunners looking for a quick fix. It seems that the latter is the norm at this point.

Without any real admin controls, there isn’t much a host can do to keep a tactical environment on these servers. If/When they finally give us a true dedicated server option with real admin controls, even Domination would be much better than it is now.

I am one of those waiting for true dedicated servers and admin controls so that my group can rent a full-time dedicated server to add to the MP community for this game...just waiting...

Edited by Druac_Blaise

Even as dead as MP is right now, due to lack of other MP modes as well as the lack of true dedicated servers, I have never really had any trouble finding a game at normal gaming hours.

That being said, I don't find myself sticking around very long when playing Domination, only because it really isn't living up to the developers goals. Your tactical experience really depends on the server you join and if there are people on trying to organize a tactical experience...or if there are just a bunch of run-and-gunners looking for a quick fix. It seems that the latter is the norm at this point.

Without any real admin controls, there isn’t much a host can do to keep a tactical environment on these servers. If/When they finally give us a true dedicated server option with real admin controls, even Domination would be much better than it is now.

I am one of those waiting for true dedicated servers and admin controls so that my group can rent a full-time dedicated server to add to the MP community for this game...just waiting...

So, from waht I read of the "june" patch...sounds like some of those problems should be fixed. Hope so, it really is a fun game. Hope more join in.