Steyr F88/M203PI

Streinger

Steyr_M203_3.jpg

Steyr_M203_4.jpg

the last of Steyer variants to appear in ADF Operation Stabilise mod. The M203PI grende launcher comes with a custom reticule which allows easier aiming and correction of barrel elevation (see below)

m203_ret.jpg

Edited by Streinger

Looking good on the model, i wish all mod rets were as proportioned as the one you have illustrated

How about this one:

Actual Elcan "Wildcat" reticule

and here's my in-game replica for GR:

wildcat.jpg

This reticule will be a standard for all ADF Operation Stabilise weapons equipped with Elcan sights (Steyr F88 "Wildcat", M4A5 and FN MINIMI)

Here's a render of Steyr F88 "Wildcat" (although it's been posted before)

Steyr_Elcan3.jpg

Steyr_Elcan4.jpg

and a close-up of Elcan:

Steyr_Elcan1.jpg

PS: another piece of info on this upcoming mod (also been posted before, but in case you missed it): we intend to implement real-life zoom values for all the weapons; for example, F88/M203PI will have 1.5x zoom, and F88 "Wildcat" (and other Elcan equipped weapons) will have 3.4x zoom

Edited by Streinger

I doubt it, as it's an Austrian made gun.

Yes, it is so ! The Steyr StG. 77 (Sturmgewehr 77 = Assault Rifle 77 or AUG = Armee Universal Gewehr = Army General Purpoose Gun) construated in 1970 in Austria by Steyr-Mannlicher AG. The Production begun 1978.

In the meantime there are many countries using this Weapon, the Australian Army too. I fired this sweet gun several years ago in our small Army and i can say it: its a great construction ! small, lightweight and easy to handle.

The heavy barrel makes the weapon easy for firing and the serial gunsight is practibal for non-profi *lol* Soldiers. On of the best Skills is: the gun is unbreakable, in one of the Steyr Standard Tests a Tank (M60) have to drive over the weapon and after this the weapon have to be full functionable ! Only the glass of the gunsight was broken.

http://www.voentour.com/mhp/catalog/rifles/aug.shtml

Great Weapon !

the Australian Army uses Steyr's \m/

Umm I am not sure what you mean. The ADF do indeed use the Steyr, hence the reason it is posted here discussing an Aussie based MOD.

Were you saying this as confirmation or as a question?

Not trying to be picky mate, just not sure what you mean.

Also - the Austrian thing in RS is not a typo. The Austrian made Steyr is used also by the Austrian Army. Maybe that's why we chose it - country names sounds the same ;)

the Australian Army uses Steyr's \m/

Umm I am not sure what you mean. The ADF do indeed use the Steyr, hence the reason it is posted here discussing an Aussie based MOD.

Were you saying this as confirmation or as a question?

Not trying to be picky mate, just not sure what you mean.

Also - the Austrian thing in RS is not a typo. The Austrian made Steyr is used also by the Austrian Army. Maybe that's why we chose it - country names sounds the same ;)

i meant it as in "###### YEAH" ya know, the \m/ is a metal thing.

btw i never knew that it was made by the Austrians,when did we start using it?

i meant it as in "###### YEAH" ya know, the \m/ is a metal thing.

Ahhh..Now I get it. :hehe:

\m/ is the forefinger and little finger. Sorry about that mate.

Re the steyr - we starting using that a looong time ago. When we got rid of the SLR's, we switched to steyrs.

Don't quote me, but it would have to be at least 8 years ago. (random guess here based on old discussions with army mates). ;)