ACU Mod almost ready.

Ok, I e-mailed Rocky. Its ready as an open beta self installer.

Initially it will be available with ACU weapons. Later, I would like the mod to expand a bit...MARPAT for marines, optional black weapons for the Ghosts.

Any other suggestions?

Special thanks to Lancer for the ACU gun camo.

Thanks also to Nemon for the unbundler, Degamer for the uniform templates, philkilla for the pictures of his ACUs, and everybody who gave me feedback.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Thanks!

And a reminder to everybody, this is a unfinished version. I plan on expanding it a bit, but I didn't want everybody to wait for me to get around to finishing it.

Chris

Again, special thanks to Lancer for the weapon camo.

Thanks also to nemon, degamer, and philkilla.

Brilliant! it looks really good. I'm getting it now. Thanks a bunch.

-anything i need to do to enable it? or does the installer do everything?

It should install to the local\English directory.

As far as I know, thats all you have to do...it worked for me :)

If you have any problems, however, let me know.

Just tried them ingame and wow. They're really nice. I thought I wouldn't like the camo weapons but after viewing them ingame, my opinion is changed. Still, all black would be nice too.

Skins worked fine in SP and a random online coop match. Will try deathmatch shortly.. I shouldn't get any conflicting file errors, right? They're just skins.

I gotta say that is one awesome job there, however only the scope and GL seem to be skinned on my SCAR but I could care less, I don't use them and I am too busy looking at the camo ( got killed that way) I am wondering how you managed to get it to install without unbundling anything in the process..very impressed by that. Just to clarify, I have nothing unbundled and all I did was use the OCI and viola got it working with NO slower load times....very impressive GREAT JOB!!!

I gotta say that is one awesome job there, however only the scope and GL seem to be skinned on my SCAR but I could care less, I don't use them and I am too busy looking at the camo ( got killed that way) I am wondering how you managed to get it to install without unbundling anything in the process..very impressed by that. Just to clarify, I have nothing unbundled and all I did was use the OCI and viola got it working with NO slower load times....very impressive GREAT JOB!!!

yeah, there is an updated version coming soon...make sure to let me know about problems

Glad that people are enjoying the skin...here is my MARPAT Marine's skin. Its an early version. Ok, off to Hawaiian party for the night. Scuba out.

marpat%20marines-1.jpg

Edited by Scubaman3D

Interesting mate. The scope on the scar is not camo'd in the mod and is left as the original game skin. Scroll up a few posta and you'll see the weapon skins.

I gotta say that is one awesome job there, however only the scope and GL seem to be skinned on my SCAR

yeah, there is an updated version coming soon...make sure to let me know about problems

Glad that people are enjoying the skin...here is my MARPAT Marine's skin. Its an early version. Ok, off to Hawaiian party for the night. Scuba out.

marpat%20marines-1.jpg

Can't make the uniform the same texture size as the helmet? I know it's an early version, though.

This is a great skin, i can't wait to see the finished product. My only suggestion is to remind people to check that the installer path is also going to the correct hard drive. I'm not very observant and it took me a few installs to realize the installer did not select the drive my copy is installed on. Once I got that figured out though, I love the ACU skin. Thanks for the hard work.