MARPAT-woodland

Not bad. Looks a smidge fuzzy, and the shoulderpad has way too much black.

BTW, gonna do it for the NPC Marines too? Tired of the outdated 3 color they have on.

Fuzzyness is probably my computer and I agree with you on the shoulder patch. I didn't think it was worth fixing since there will be a patch covering most of it anyways.

Yeah, they do that to show that every marine is equal and therefore deserves no other recognition as being a marine is enough, unlike the other branches where people show off pride of their career rather than their branch. It's a big deal.

MARPAT for some reason is one of the hardest textures to skin with.

The biggest change I would suggest is going with a darker coyote brown, and making the whole Crye Armor Chassis in coyote.

Actually, SOCOM coyote brown is a different shade from USMC coyote brown, the brown color in the MARPAT pattern should be almost the same color as the armor. I think the color codes were 461 and 466... that is if I remember correctly.

Also, I would fade the pattern a little bit. It looks a little too saturated.

MARPAT for some reason is one of the hardest textures to skin with.

The biggest change I would suggest is going with a darker coyote brown, and making the whole Crye Armor Chassis in coyote.

Actually, SOCOM coyote brown is a different shade from USMC coyote brown, the brown color in the MARPAT pattern should be almost the same color as the armor. I think the color codes were 461 and 466... that is if I remember correctly.

Also, I would fade the pattern a little bit. It looks a little too saturated.

Cool, thanks for the suggestion. Yeah, I wasn't sure what color to make the armor/gear, so I just went for a "generic tan".

And by saturation, you mean that its too dark, or dominant on the uniform?

I was actually kind of impressed how the pattern turned out up close - although I'm only running a 6600LE with 1GB RAM, so I'm a bit limited on resolution and such.

Thanks again for the input.

Yeah, they do that to show that every marine is equal and therefore deserves no other recognition as being a marine is enough, unlike the other branches where people show off pride of their career rather than their branch. It's a big deal.

hmm, I like that.

Hah. I got you beat, I got a 6600LE with 1.25GB of RAM :)

By saturated, I mean the colors are too vivid.

In photoshop if you go to image -> adjust -> hue and saturation. Then adjust the saturation slider down a tad.

• 2 weeks later...

I was actually kind of impressed how the pattern turned out up close - although I'm only running a 6600LE with 1GB RAM, so I'm a bit limited on resolution and such.

if its ok with u, i will test the skin and take a few screens on high settings for you