Looking for a tweak [turn off litter+trash]

Has anyone found a place in the XMLs where you can turn off the clutter system? I hate seeing random objects all over the place that do nothing but suck up FPS or break imersion. Any pointing in the right direction would be appriciated.

*Side Note* Also looking for controls for respwning health on a save game, and possibly resurecting team members each mission.

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter\Data\objects\brush\trash :ph34r:

Edit:

More specifically, look in the materials.xml file within that folder. There is a section labelled clip pane. The fourth number (defaulted to 1500) seems to control how far out the items are drawn, though I've been unsuccessful in actually increasing the draw distance to eliminate the magically appearing trash syndrome.

Anyways, that babbling aside, change that fourth number from 1500 to 0 and you'll find the trash is no longer drawn on the screen. The catch is, it's still actually there, it's just not drawn so I don't know if it will actually benefit your framerate in any way.

The reason I know it's still there is because when you walk around all the sounds of bumping into them still occur. To eliminate the sounds, each one of the other files in that folder (coffeemug.xml, colacan.xml, crushed_colacan.xml, crushed_soda.xml, soda.xml and take_away.xml) need to be edited. There is a setting within them called 'Pushed_by_mover' that is defaulted to true. Set that to false and now they won't move when people bump into them, thus the sound of them moving won't play.

Edited by TedSmith

*Side Note* ....and possibly resurecting team members each mission.

I think you mean after each loading of a savegame?

I have an alternative for you; making your teammembers more damageresistant; I made them 5 times as strong (even now they sometimes die :rofl: because they sometimes refuse to get out of the line of heavy fire, but I like it a lot more now then playing half of the mission on my own :blink:

I don't have the changes within reach at the moment but if you're interested you can send me a PM or I'll post it tomorrow if I don't forget :rolleyes:

NOTE: in order to make it work you have to restart the mission you're playing (the higher values in the XML only take effect at the start of a mission).

Edited by PeeWee678

I think he's actually looking for the opposite.

The way I read it, he wants to STOP the game from resetting his (and his ghosts') health to green every time he loads a save-game, and STOP the game from starting future missions with his teammates alive if they died in a previous one.

Neither of which have I seen any way to change, btw.

The way I read it, he wants to STOP the game from resetting his (and his ghosts') health to green every time he loads a save-game, and STOP the game from starting future missions with his teammates alive if they died in a previous one.

Yeah, I have this sadistic urge to play through the campain on hard, with no HUD, no helath recovery, and dead teamates stay dead.

Yeah, I have this sadistic urge to play through the campain on hard, with no HUD, no helath recovery, and dead teamates stay dead.

Yeah, I misread it. Wow, you're one though son of a soldier :lol:

But make that "masochistic" instead of sadistic. I think it's pretty masochistic to play half of the mission on your own :) You're a sadist if you can't stop shooting corpses :rolleyes:

Anyway in the file u_teammates.xml there's a line:

<var name="clamp_at_save" value="true"/>

I guess setting this to false could do the trick (haven't tested this and again: if it doesn't work, try restarting the mission you're playing!!).

Your own character is in the file: u_player (you'll find the same line there)

Good luck!

Edited by PeeWee678

Because its not just littered on the streets its littered everywhere within 10 feet of you. (and no one else) The fact that it magicly appears before your eyes as well doesn't help the fact.

While I agree that it's sometimes in bizarre places and I dislike the magically appearing trash thing, if you look around the city levels, there's always more around a trash can and less elsewhere, though I do feel there's just too much of it around. There's bound to be some way to lessen the amount and increase the draw distance. Just don't have time to look into it much further than I already have.

There's bound to be some way to lessen the amount and increase the draw distance. Just don't have time to look into it much further than I already have.

Now that's a good idea! I also have other things on my mind but that would be a nice little mod I think.

Edited by PeeWee678