The first Graw match on the TCZ....

Slow

Rouge Saints v Combat Gaming inc.

The best 4 of 7.

I won't bore you with the details.... you had to be there.

Rouge saints won 4-3, with one tie.

For those folks who matched in GR, you know what I'm talking about, It was just like that.

Round off some of the coners, smooth out some of the bumps and this game is going to be ok.

Aside from losing, I ain't had that much fun since [GR].

=CGi=Slow

Edited by Slow

Thanks to our excellent hosts at CGi. If you have not visited their server, please do so. Always great games there. This match was so close, I'm still sweating. Like Slow said, with the no-respawns format, this match was incredibly reminiscent of the [GR] days, where teamwork and tactics were the words of the evening, and the ###### rush so commonly observed on the pubs was completely absent. Great games. I can't wait for the rematch.

It was 10 minute maps, no respawns, 5v5. We started on Church and rotated through the maps playing each one once. It was best of 7. The map rotation could be changed easily enough to only play 1-3 maps. it was a lot of fun, kinda of like having sensors. You could tell what zone people were in, especially if you were outnumbered 3/4 to 1.

Its not a perfect system, but everyone that was there i think had a lot of fun, and were reminded of the [GR] laddering days. With no respawns it was pretty much LMS with sensors.

I think both teams started each map by trying to cap as many zones as possible, while cautiously attempting to gain numerical superiority through kills. CGI made very effective use of nade spam in likely contact zones and known hidey-holes (note to self and teammates: DO THIS). Very few of the rounds came down to a total elimination, as one team would generally gain a significant numerical advantage and simply take all the zones. Any attempts to just rush around looking for baddies would have been disastrous for either team, IMO, and that really didn't happen.

The Dom gametype combined with the 10 minute limit does add a sense of urgency, which is balanced by the no-respawns. You have to advance to win, but you have to do so with caution since losing too many guys makes it pretty much impossible to keep your opponent from capping the whole map and winning. 5v5 was very good on these maps. Time only ran out a few times. Most of the games lasted around 5-7 minutes.

Edited by [RS]Stalker

yes the match was much fun. and like milkman said....its kinda like playing with sensors.

You have to advance to win, but you have to do so with caution since losing too many guys makes it pretty much impossible to keep your opponent from capping the whole map and winning.
very true