New Desert camo pattern

The old pictures don't even belong in the same thread as these...so I started a new one. :P

digi%20desert%20v3.jpg

I am a pretty humble person but I am impressed at this...I went from sucking at PS to being OK...thanks to everyone for their imput and to Degamer for the template.

Others are on the way...

Edited by Scubaman3D

ACU pattern almost done as well...

acu%20camo-in%20game.jpg

Needs some touching up. I got rid of the annoying, super glossy lenses from the previous picture. The gloves need some work...they are a little shiny, but nothing that can't be fixed.

Yeah, I know...the helmets...

The amazing this is that this ACU pattern really does well in urban environments and near rock formations (Ready for Bear). Woodland...not so much.

Maybe woodland is next.

Edited by Scubaman3D

Well made, but the MARPAT seems REALLY big in the pattern. Shrink it maybe?

Yep. See this post I'm not putting too much effort into this one, since we don't really have a desert map yet anyways.

I think desert camo would be used in the current maps over woodland. I would count GRAW as desert.

Hah. Dude... Mexico is a desert map :)

142%20%20Mexico%20City.JPG

Mexico City sure dosn't look like a desert to me. Neither did Cancun when I was there.

EDIT: Tijuana did a little. :)

Second, I never said that I was developing the woodland MARPART for these maps either. This is why I'm putting more time/effort into my ACU skin. So far, that's the only one I've been following up on.

See it here.

And Lipoff, I'd love your feedback on my ACU skin. I think its been very helpful.

Edited by Scubaman3D

And Lipoff, I'd love your feedback on my ACU skin. I think its been very helpful.

Your ACU isn't bad. Pattern is a bit big, although maybe not as noticable as the desert one in this thread. I just have one suggestion. The ACU uniforms differ from MARPAT, as I stated before, by the use of armpatches. The ACU uniform uses velcro areas on the sleeves for the armpatches. Therefore, you should add a lighter plain green square area on each arm and put whatever military patches you feel you should add. I understand that you are skinning, not modelling, so I can see how it may not work with the absurd huge shoulderpads these ghosts have. Maybe they play football too?

Notice the light green squares on the upper arms for patches.

ACU1.jpg

Edited by Lipoff

I understand that you are skinning, not modelling, so I can see how it may not work with the absurd huge shoulderpads these ghosts have. Maybe they play football too?

I decided to have a slightly larger pattern so that you could actually see the "digital-ness" in-game. If it is the "correct" size, like Prozac's skin, it distorts even at very short distances for most of us with not so hot systems. Call it an artistic decision.

Thanks for the info about the patches, I'll look into that. And you're right, those pads are very large and would realistically block the location where arm patches should go. And I wondered why the pad is only on the left arm, not both.

I have a pair of ACU's ( I used to be in the army) would it help if I took some pics of them?

Sure, that would be nice. Would help for further revisions.

They say that art is a process, constantly undergoing revision. I still don't know who THEY are...but they seem to know what they are talking about.

Edited by Scubaman3D

the reason for the shoulder pad being on only one side is that when shooting, the left shoulder{for a right handed person}is facing the enemy and the shoulder pad protects that part of the torso and adds protection that normally with regular body armor, is not there.

Maybe it is just me, but all that light green on the ACU pic is now ACU too. All the Army guys I see on base here have ACUs that are entirely made up of that pattern, from the nametapes/rank insignia/and shoulder patches. Maybe that pic was made that way to show the differences in uniform ideas?

• 2 weeks later...