GRAW Skin Templates

Blank uniforms without any camo. Just add color to the color layer. In .PSD format. I will do one for each texture file and upload them here as soon as I finish them.

Ghost Basic Uniform:

HERE

Ghost Helmet:

HERE

Mex templates comming soon.

Also, rember to copy the Alpha layer of the original .DDS file into your new texture to fix the plastic/shiney effect.

Edited by Degamer

this is probably a dumb question, but why can't you, after changing a skin in a mod, just put it back in the mod it came from? I tried replacing the shoulder patch on the spqr skin but in game it just showed a splotch of color? any help for a newb skinner would be much appreciated.

and after actually checking...I can't even open the atlas dds from mods?

Edited by fastscout

Hey Degamer, awsome man!

just a quick question though:

when i open the psd file the layers are in this order: wrinkels(normal),color(overlay),uniform(normal).

Shouldn't it be: wrinkels(normal),uniform(overlay),color(normal) ?

when i save it as dds i keep getting the plastic look, even when i delete the alpha channel and copy in the original.

Any thoughts on that?

cheers,

Blast

alpha layer i berlieve defines the specularity or plastic look ... a very dark grey or black should produce a matte or non-shiney effect from what i can gather , and lighter grey or white will look like a space suit ... best bet is to do a simple test , but inverting the alpha layer will reverse the effect .

Edited by Dimz_RR

Hey Degamer, awsome man!

just a quick question though:

when i open the psd file the layers are in this order: wrinkels(normal),color(overlay),uniform(normal).

Shouldn't it be: wrinkels(normal),uniform(overlay),color(normal) ?

when i save it as dds i keep getting the plastic look, even when i delete the alpha channel and copy in the original.

Any thoughts on that?

cheers,

Blast

The original order is correct. THe uniform layer is a grayscale image, so the color layer will sit over it using the grayscales tones. As for the alpha channel, use the levels adjustment to make it blacker (less shiny), or whiter (shinier).

:) :)

I got it to work, dunno why it has to be like this with me, but here's how.

i deleted all extra channels keeping the RGB, R, G, B and Alpha 1.

switched color and uniform around. (when i keep it like you the uniform looks more grey than my skin.)

here is how it looks now (just a test camo)

I use photoshop 7.0

camo-test.jpg

cheers,

blast

Thoose extra channels are saved selctions of uniform peices. :) Go to load selction and browse through to find the peice you wish to edit. Makes things a lot easier.

nice! a brilliant little detail, I didn't even notice before. Thanks :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...