Jump to content
Ghost Recon.net Forums

"Massive Update": Here's what the X-boxers are getting t


Recommended Posts

Here is a link to the announcement today of a huge update of GRAW content for the X-box 360.

I'm not looking to start a platform contest here; I'd like to invite comment on which of these enhancements you'd most like to see in the PC game and which, if any, we might get with the series of PC updates promised for the summer...

Edit: This appears to be a paid add-on (no price announced) so it might be interesting to know also whether you guys would be prepared to reach into your wallets for these features.

Edited by Bahger
Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a link to the announcement today of a huge update of GRAW content for the X-box 360.

I'm not looking to start a platform contest here; I'd like to invite comment on which of these enhancements you'd most like to see in the PC game and which, if any, we might get with the series of PC updates promised for the summer...

Edit: This appears to be a paid add-on (no price announced) so it might be interesting to know also whether you guys would be prepared to reach into your wallets for these features.

I think it would be tough to reach to deep into the wallet...considering the FREE MOD community we are a part of....but I was interested in everything they listed...new maps...new weapons...and the thing I am wanting the most...player customization

HACK

Link to post
Share on other sites

for the free patches we need to keep the game running smooth i care less about the "extra" content,

but as an add on, most things listed sound great, ofcourse i would rather see "new" maps or [GR] revisited maps than the day and night variations they offer there, would not be much of a deal to have church night map if you have to pay for it

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't get me wrong and PLZ GRIN correct me if I'm miss quoting, but I remember reading that the original development of the XBOX platform and the PC PLATFORM certain elements were to be a SHARED RESOURCE....they being THE MAPS !!!! and CHARACTORS etc...

That said, IF TRUE the COFFEE PLANTATION & other GREEN MAPS LOOK excellent amigo!

green1a.jpg

green2a.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a link to the announcement today of a huge update of GRAW content for the X-box 360.

I'm not looking to start a platform contest here; I'd like to invite comment on which of these enhancements you'd most like to see in the PC game and which, if any, we might get with the series of PC updates promised for the summer...

Edit: This appears to be a paid add-on (no price announced) so it might be interesting to know also whether you guys would be prepared to reach into your wallets for these features.

Haha, first of all, I would like to see all the options/modes/weapons from the plain XBox360 version of GRAW implemented. Then we can start talking about the add-on.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a link to the announcement today of a huge update of GRAW content for the X-box 360.

I'm not looking to start a platform contest here; I'd like to invite comment on which of these enhancements you'd most like to see in the PC game and which, if any, we might get with the series of PC updates promised for the summer...

Edit: This appears to be a paid add-on (no price announced) so it might be interesting to know also whether you guys would be prepared to reach into your wallets for these features.

HMMM,

I'm not going to start wishing for anything, until we actually get a complete game. Then I will be able to make a decision about what I would like to see next.

From the sound of it, we wont have a complete game until the end of the summer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have said this previously but some of you need to realise that the PC version of this game in Ubisofts eyes was not the definative Ghost Recon.

The xbox version is that.

Which means as far as goodies and add on`s` go we will be at the bottom of the pile, we were during production, we will be after production.

Dont expect too much in the way of extras, Grin are required to maker the game better and add things that were not in at release. No more than that.

The community modders are going to be the ones that turn this game around not Ubisoft.

The 360 version had much more funding than the PC version and more time allocated too.

In light of the above I still think we got a good game that will get better over the summer and last.

Once again comparing the 2 is just not realistic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Question: in the 360 version, do they actually have the ability to hold their weapons up and around corners, like in the lower right-hand corner of the image?

green2a.jpg

That was one of the things I was looking forward to in the GR2 version that I haven't seen in GR:AW PC.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want an XBox360 GRAW port. What I want are all the options/modes that the XBox360 version got and have traditionally been in Tom Clancy R6 and GR games. These include LMS, Seige, Fire Fight, Recon, Hamburger Hill, and tons of guns. The PC version of GRAW has been sorely lacking in these regards. I like the actual gameplay and prefer its realism over the XBox360's arcadish feel, but the game modes and options just aren't there.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want an XBox360 GRAW port. What I want are all the options/modes that the XBox360 version got and have traditionally been in Tom Clancy R6 and GR games. These include LMS, Seige, Fire Fight, Recon, Hamburger Hill, and tons of guns. The PC version of GRAW has been sorely lacking in these regards. I like the actual gameplay and prefer its realism over the XBox360's arcadish feel, but the game modes and options just aren't there.

Well said. Unfortunately, Ubi don't give a flying ferret about the PC users. So it won't happen. Having to rely on the mod community is not good enough. We should be getting officially released and supported content on a par with what the 360 is getting. It's lazy publisher support (GRIN did a fantastic job with what they had...you guys have my appreciation) which is pretty much a given from Ubi.

Edited by Ballistic
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well said. Unfortunately, Ubi don't give a flying ferret about the PC users. So it won't happen. Having to rely on the mod community is not good enough. We should be getting officially released and supported content on a par with what the 360 is getting. It's lazy publisher support (GRIN did a fantastic job with what they had...you guys have my appreciation) which is pretty much a given from Ubi.

maybe ubi does give a damn...

otherwise they would have settled with a xbox port or a letdown equal ??

we have got grin and they show good faith (okay it's their name on the line)

but ubi blessed us with communicative dev team, even more than they might have wanted ??

Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW those pics look great...###### happened to us?

What happened to us is this. PC gamers account for about 10% of UBI's sales. Console gamers account for the other 90%. The plain and simple fact is that it is more important for UBI to please its largest market and use it's considerable resources to keep the console players happy. It's just good business. We are PC players and therefore relegated to the bottom of the barrel (no insult intended to GRIN). it's doubtful whether UBI really worries about losing it's PC players as customers, because in the long run it wont hurt them much.

Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW those pics look great...###### happened to us?

What happened to us is this. PC gamers account for about 10% of UBI's sales. Console gamers account for the other 90%. The plain and simple fact is that it is more important for UBI to please its largest market and use it's considerable resources to keep the console players happy. It's just good business. We are PC players and therefore relegated to the bottom of the barrel (no insult intended to GRIN). it's doubtful whether UBI really worries about losing it's PC players as customers, because in the long run it wont hurt them much.

I undersand what you are saying, but they released GRAW pc half finished, with lots of bugs, minimal MP maps, minimal MP modes no AA no AC etc, etc, etc.

If the roles were reversed, where as the pc versions are released complete and the console games half baked you will have the same scenario.

There is a huge pc gaming market out there, I can't understand how they don't see that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The PC-version was probably released earlier cuz the n00b-whiners couldn't accept another delay. I mean, 14 months of developing is nothing today.

Accept another delay ??? I'm still waiting for GR2 for the PC.<---yes thats sarcasm

Alot of us lost faith with UBI after that slap in the face, we know all too well about UBI's delays and promises. (no offence to GRIN)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...