a little something.....

WOW! really nice job. was it hard to do? Do all your team members look exactly the same in SP or do they retain their different faces?

the only thing I might change is that the shiny parts look a little plastic. Don't know if you can really do much about it, it's quite subtle in this case.

care to release the files to make this a mod?

well, i want to touch up the patch first and align it better. you also get the same face of the rebels :( , but i can live with that. it looks cool to see the team wearing bdu's and not all the future warrior stuff. also, i don't know how to get rid of the plastic look :wall:

by the way, the reason i gave them unit patches is because in combat i smoked one of my guys because i thought he was an enemy fighter, so i added the patch to offset this.

well, i want to touch up the patch first and align it better. you also get the same face of the rebels :( , but i can live with that. it looks cool to see the team wearing bdu's and not all the future warrior stuff. also, i don't know how to get rid of the plastic look :wall:

To get rid of the plastic effect, copy over the Alpha Channel from the original unmodified .DDS.

by the way, the reason i gave them unit patches is because in combat i smoked one of my guys because i thought he was an enemy fighter, so i added the patch to offset this.

To get rid of the plastic effect, copy over the Alpha Channel from the original unmodified .DDS.

What code did you change to use the mexican uniforms?

you go into the data/units/beings folder and open up the u_teammates.xml. this file shows what each team member uses as it's model file. when you open it up, just look for these lines for each character:

<!-- BEASLEY -->

<unit type="being" name="teammate_beasley" slot="5">

<model file="/beings/ghost_lead/ghost_lead.xml"/>

you can see the model file and where it states what model this team member uses. you just open up the u_mex_guerilla.xml and the model file from the rifleman and it should look like this after you copy and paste:

<!-- BEASLEY -->

<model file="/beings/mexican_army_rifleman/mexican_army_rifleman.xml"/>

and then your ghost operator will look like the rebel fighter, just like in my pic, but with the default skin :thumbsup:

Edited by bugkill

What code did you change to use the mexican uniforms?

you go into the data/units/beings folder and open up the u_teammates.xml. this file shows what each team member uses as it's model file. when you open it up, just look for these lines for each character:

<!-- BEASLEY -->

<model file="/beings/ghost_lead/ghost_lead.xml"/>

you can see the model file and where it states what model this team member uses. you just open up the u_mex_guerilla.xml and the model file from the rifleman and it should look like this after you copy and paste:

<!-- BEASLEY -->

<model file="/beings/mexican_army_rifleman/mexican_army_rifleman.xml"/>

and then your ghost operator will look like the rebel fighter, just like in my pic, but with the default skin :thumbsup:

So let me ask this......basically it appears then that new 3D Max Chr's will be possible...then you point the XML at the new body model?

HACK