GRAW and F.E.A.R. MP

At least FEAR is finished.

Posted by CkZWarlord on: Mar 1 2006, 05:13 PM

"I wish companies would just release games on the day they say they will the first

time for once. I'm getting sick and tired of always waiting. As long as the game

doesn't crash I don't mind a bug or two. That's what updates are for. In fact, if you

think of more features then don't delay the game again. Include it in the

expansion."

*sigh*

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

everything you say can and will be used against you in a forum of gaming.

haha!

Also, measuring against FEAR is a very unreasonable thing to do as FEAR, as stated before, have a VERY limited line of sight, whereas GRAW has probably one of the longest draw distances in FPS history. I cant _swear_ on that tho!:)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said

Speaking on draw discanses. I've noticed on the map Wharehouse, if I look from one side of the map to the other in the middle of the map I can see enemy that appear to be out in the open but if I get closer the concrete cylinders show up. Not sure if it is my pc or what but kind of wierd. Thought some guy had "god mode" or something cause I kept shooting him and it didn't do anything. Once I got close enough I realized the concrete cylinders were there they just hadn't rendered yet.

Edited by Athenian

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said

Speaking on draw discanses. I've noticed on the map Wharehouse, if I look from one side of the map to the other in the middle of the map I can see enemy that appear to be out in the open but if I get closer the concrete cylinders show up. Not sure if it is my pc or what but kind of wierd. Thought some guy had "god mode" or something cause I kept shooting him and it didn't do anything. Once I got close enough I realized the concrete cylinders were there they just hadn't rendered yet.

hmm..that doesnt sound good, must be some kind of lod-distance error with that model..hmm, we´ll look into it!

hmm..that doesnt sound good, must be some kind of lod-distance error with that model..hmm, we´ll look into it!

Here's my pc specs if it matters or helps: Windows XP SP2, P4 3.4 650, eVGA NVIDIA 7800GT 256MB (latest beta drivers, seen it with other drivers as well) PCI-E, 2GB PC5300 DDRAM

I was on the team that spawns closests to Zone B, I was in that first trench and the enemy guy was coming out of that opening that is not covered by the container. He was standing behind on the road behind the concrete cylinders. I could see him but not the cylinders. Anyways thx for the reply.

well, GRAW render a huge cube, BF2 don't work like that, the first GR don't have that, Oblivion, don't have that, Farcry don't have that, operation flash point don't have that, half-life 2 hmm nop, etc.

You dont know what you are talking about my friend. Go read tutorials on GR map making and you will see you need portals and zones to optimize the map. Farcry, BF2 both have and use portals to optimize the FPS. and every game ever based off the Unreal engine does the same thing. Its possible you just dont know how to use them or you are making assumptions. When I get some more free time this morning I will post some links for you.

Edited by RuTHlezz1

well, GRAW render a huge cube, BF2 don't work like that, the first GR don't have that, Oblivion, don't have that, Farcry don't have that, operation flash point don't have that, half-life 2 hmm nop, etc.

You dont know what you are talking about my friend. Go read tutorials on GR map making and you will see you need portals and zones to optimize the map. Farcry, BF2 both have and use portals to optimize the FPS. and every game ever based off the Unreal engine does the same thing. Its possible you just dont know how to use them or you are making assumptions. When I get some more free time this morning I will post some links for you.

you are right, i don't mean zone i mean "Sector"

Coool.....Man it was a trip reading through some old GR map making tutorials. have you tried that farcry mod that makes it like GR?

Coool.....Man it was a trip reading through some old GR map making tutorials. have you tried that farcry mod that makes it like GR?

nop didn't tryed it, i will take a look for it

I don't really understand what you guys are talking about, but I hope you don't want sectors/zones a la Oblivion. I mean, imagine your in a middle of a firefight, you run for cover and suddenly the game stops a sec becouse it has to load a new zone (almoast like lagg).

I really don't want those kind of loading-zones.

I don't really understand what you guys are talking about, but I hope you don't want sectors/zones a la Oblivion. I mean, imagine your in a middle of a firefight, you run for cover and suddenly the game stops a sec becouse it has to load a new zone (almoast like lagg).

hehe

i think the only first person shooter that might have had a something like oblivion was suppose to be Halo from the original concept of 1999. But due to the port on xbox, the idee of an open environement got trashed. and it ended up very linear....

they are talking about rendering zones. as in the things that are further away from you will not be rendered/rendered with low quality polygons/textures to use less resources. like the brush in farcry wasn't rendered till you got closer and i think Joint Ops was the same way.