GRAW and F.E.A.R. MP

I just bought FEAR since I finished GRAW SP and I can't play online because the firewall error. Well guess what, I CAN play FEAR on MP. I think they have the dedi files out with their patch and what not. Is anyone familiar with the way the mp is setup for that game? Does this mean I will finally be able to play GR after dedi files are released?

by the way, the physics and dust look much better than graw and it doesnt even require ageia physx

i like graw's gameplay better but fear's mp seems to be able to get the job done (meaning I can actually connect to the mp server). I think i read it can alternate the port needed to connect to the server.

Edited by Moezter

I just bought FEAR since I finished GRAW SP and I can't play online because the firewall error. Well guess what, I CAN play FEAR on MP. I think they have the dedi files out with their patch and what not. Is anyone familiar with the way the mp is setup for that game? Does this mean I will finally be able to play GR after dedi files are released?

by the way, the physics and dust look much better than graw and it doesnt even require ageia physx

i like graw's gameplay better but fear's mp seems to be able to get the job done (meaning I can actually connect to the mp server). I think i read it can alternate the port needed to connect to the server.

from what i understand of my experience with FEAR they used a very clever way to make the game work even with a firewall. Somekind of tunelling...

Fear is a cool game and maps are made to create some crazy actions, with recent patch they did add some really nice game mods and the game is very moddable. the quantity of maps and mods that are coming out of the small community is already impressive.

Graphique are not the best, physic is also not the most impressive and GRAW is clearly better looking. But we must admit that graphic and physic are only a part of the game that can be impressive about for the 3 first week of gameplay after that you rarely take the time to watch them.

but in the end i don't play FEAR anymore, because it's too repetitive and getting 140 kill in 15 min can become a littlebit point less. And since recently FEAR had simply no coop... FEAR lost some interest.

That's why i now play GRAW.

But GRAW in coop is kinda getting really repetitive, since missions are alway the same thing, enemy being alway at the same spot, (there is like 15 enemies in all the game that might change spawning position). So i think GRAW is also getting repetitive and the gameplay is getting mecanic as Dragon's lair was. I hope the tool will bring use some fresh battle, Very fast.

So in the end those 2 games while really good, are really repetitive in multiplayer.....

But at least you can easly share maps files in FEAR with a ingame downloader and i hope GRAW will have the same feature

As for the smoke of FEAR there is a thing annoying in multi, every one turn it off so it don't reduce visibility.... So even with a cool physic thing like that, that endup useless....

Like the fact that cars are destructible in GRAW, it's fun the first time, but in the end nobody get impressed anymore after seeing it blow over and over.

All those feature are just marketing thing that in the end people don't care alot after seing them over and over.

Isn't that always the case with co-op? IMHO it is... That's why

TvT MP is so important... Everyone has their own knacks, abilties and

quircks which is something a computer for the time being won't be able

to simulate (IE: Unique habits n such for each individual AI Player). A

campaign stays cool for about a month to 6 weeks, then it's all about

the TvT MP, just like with graphics and sounds. BF2's graphics had me for a while but then the game just got plain once I got over that. And in

some cases it even gets annoying (like for example the sound of the waterfall on D08 Tank in the green spawn area of GR). In the end it's

all about gameplay.

the TvT MP, just like with graphics and sounds. BF2's graphics had me for a while but then the game just got plain once I got over that. And in

some cases it even gets annoying (like for example the sound of the waterfall on D08 Tank in the green spawn area of GR). In the end it's

all about gameplay.

I agree with you for most games, but the only exeption to that in my case was [GR], i played it alot in TVT during the first year, but after that i discovered Igor and created some missions, and i think what was fun after that was creating and playing with a small band of player, that liked my map, and there goal was to get more kill then me that was really funy. But i have some doubt that it will be the case in GRAW, because of the after match result in coop, others don't see it so the fact that player can't impresse others with score and make a healthy competition really make the coop less attractive, it's cool to succed a missions, but it's even more fun to compete in the realisation of a missions

FEAR is equal to DOOM 3 in terms of draw distance, and draw distance is a killer for fps. Its obvious FEAR and DOOM will have better fps at higher settings cuz they dont put enough on the screen to kill your PC. GRAW on the other hand has a huge draw distance. its not even close to fair to compare the games as they are not even remotley the same category of gaming except they all have guns in them.

FEAR is equal to DOOM 3 in terms of draw distance, and draw distance is a killer for fps. Its obvious FEAR and DOOM will have better fps at higher settings cuz they dont put enough on the screen to kill your PC. GRAW on the other hand has a huge draw distance. its not even close to fair to compare the games as they are not even remotley the same category of gaming except they all have guns in them.

Very true! you wont see more than 3 enemys in single player and thats cause of the way its engineered.

Means your computer just isn't good enough, not GR:AW....

asus a8n32sli

2gb ocz platinum

2 EVGA 7800GT SLI

AMD 64 939 4000+

yeah sure is my computer....

Something is up - I have about the same setup, only i have 1 7900GT and I hold about 50 - 60 fps in GRAW. im not saying your wrong, just confused on the difference.

Means your computer just isn't good enough, not GR:AW....

asus a8n32sli

2gb ocz platinum

2 EVGA 7800GT SLI

AMD 64 939 4000+

yeah sure is my computer....

Something is up - I have about the same setup, only i have 1 7900GT and I hold about 50 - 60 fps in GRAW. im not saying your wrong, just confused on the difference.

SLI doesn't do much in GRAW. I do get 60fps inside or where the draw distance is limited to 50-75meters but over that it goes down to 40. though it is solid and consistant.

Very true! you wont see more than 3 enemys in single player and thats cause of the way its engineered.

I created some map for FEAR and the way the rendering work is very clever, you divide the map in zone of rendering, so it render only the zone that you can see from the zone you are in, the principle is really good for optimisation and dramaticaly reduce de number of polygone to render so it allow the player to have very good performance because the 3d card don't have to render all the map but only a few zone at the time and the rest is not loaded because an other texture block the view. But if you create a map without those zone, truste me you fps will take a dramatical drop, unless you don't use what make this game looking good, the volumetric light.

Those volumetric light are the main reason why FEAR look good, because if you actualy take time to watch the level building of the game, thats a series of box with some prop in it and and the shadow hide the simplicity of the modeling. So graphicaly FEAR is looking just like it need to look like and i think thats just great you simply don't need better graphic then it already got

Now if you look at GRAW, the modelling are far more complex and include far more polygone with all those prop arround so it take far more from your 3d card, and contrary to fear, doom, quake and else, GRAW dont hide itself behinde darkness. So it's far more hard to make something look believable under the sun then something in the shadow. Also GRAW have more detaillied texture.

The only things i dislike about GRAW graphicaly is the yellow aspect of the game, and the fact that it could clearly use some optimisation.

On the multiplayer side, i think the june patch might fix some issu.... let's hope....

At least FEAR is finished.

Well, don't go berserk on comparisons. FEAR didn't have a dedicated server until months after release...which is prolly why there isn't much of a community to speak of *hint hint*. They are putting some effort in, but it took too long.

created some map for FEAR and the way the rendering work is very clever, you divide the map in zone of rendering, so it render only the zone that you can see from the zone you are in, the principle is really good for optimisation and dramaticaly reduce de number of polygone to render so it allow the player to have very good performance because the 3d card don't have to render all the map but only a few zone at the time and the rest is not loaded because an other texture block the view. But if you create a map without those zone, truste me you fps will take a dramatical drop, unless you don't use what make this game looking good, the volumetric light.

That is how every game made within the last decade works...nothing really new or clever about it.

well, GRAW render a huge cube, BF2 don't work like that, the first GR don't have that, Oblivion, don't have that, Farcry don't have that, operation flash point don't have that, half-life 2 hmm nop, etc.

Edited by Attila

all about gameplay.

I agree with you for most games, but the only exeption to that in my case was [GR], i played it alot in TVT during the first year, but after that i discovered Igor and created some missions, and i think what was fun after that was creating and playing with a small band of player, that liked my map, and there goal was to get more kill then me that was really funy. But i have some doubt that it will be the case in GRAW, because of the after match result in coop, others don't see it so the fact that player can't impresse others with score and make a healthy competition really make the coop less attractive, it's cool to succed a missions, but it's even more fun to compete in the realisation of a missions

I completely agree with Attila it makes sense for that competeiveness to be there GRIN should seroiusly think about adding that.

I created some map for FEAR and the way the rendering work is very clever, you divide the map in zone of rendering, so it render only the zone that you can see from the zone you are in, the principle is really good for optimisation and dramaticaly reduce de number of polygone to render so it allow the player to have very good performance because the 3d card don't have to render all the map but only a few zone at the time and the rest is not loaded because an other texture block the view. But if you create a map without those zone, truste me you fps will take a dramatical drop, unless you don't use what make this game looking good, the volumetric light.

Those volumetric light are the main reason why FEAR look good, because if you actualy take time to watch the level building of the game, thats a series of box with some prop in it and and the shadow hide the simplicity of the modeling. So graphicaly FEAR is looking just like it need to look like and i think thats just great you simply don't need better graphic then it already got

Now if you look at GRAW, the modelling are far more complex and include far more polygone with all those prop arround so it take far more from your 3d card, and contrary to fear, doom, quake and else, GRAW dont hide itself behinde darkness. So it's far more hard to make something look believable under the sun then something in the shadow. Also GRAW have more detaillied texture.

The only things i dislike about GRAW graphicaly is the yellow aspect of the game, and the fact that it could clearly use some optimisation.

On the multiplayer side, i think the june patch might fix some issu.... let's hope....

Attlia go download the reduced sepia effects mod

Posted by CkZWarlord on: Mar 1 2006, 05:13 PM

"I wish companies would just release games on the day they say they will the first

time for once. I'm getting sick and tired of always waiting. As long as the game

doesn't crash I don't mind a bug or two. That's what updates are for. In fact, if you

think of more features then don't delay the game again. Include it in the

expansion."

*sigh*

Edited by Tortfeaser

Posted by CkZWarlord on: Mar 1 2006, 05:13 PM

"I wish companies would just release games on the day they say they will the first

time for once. I'm getting sick and tired of always waiting. As long as the game

doesn't crash I don't mind a bug or two. That's what updates are for. In fact, if you

think of more features then don't delay the game again. Include it in the

expansion."

*sigh*

:whistle: