Ghost Recon.net Forums

GRAW - Realism optimization mod

In it's current state, the Ghosts are still a wee bit too far away while following. Decrease the distance between them and yourself by, three feet would be best.

I agree :thumbsup:

@ this sounds cool, will it be compatible with the graw community mod 1.0?

I've just released a little upgrade to the blood mod which shares a file with the ROM mod..It's not a big improvement but if needed we will work together to make a compatible version :thumbsup:

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In it's current state, the Ghosts are still a wee bit too far away while following. Decrease the distance between them and yourself by, three feet would be best.

I agree :thumbsup:

@ this sounds cool, will it be compatible with the graw community mod 1.0?

I've just released a little upgrade to the blood mod which shares a file with the ROM mod..It's not a big improvement but if needed we will work together to make a compatible version :thumbsup:

Yes the mod is compatible with the community mod. No shared files.

As for making it compatible with the blood mod, essentially it already is. The only difference between the way the two handle the post effects is that the ROM mod makes both the buddy cam and tac map full colour, while the blood mod just handles the buddy cam. Essentially just pick which version of the post_effects.xml file you prefer to use and the two mods will work fine together.

As for making it compatible with the blood mod, essentially it already is. The only difference between the way the two handle the post effects is that the ROM mod makes both the buddy cam and tac map full colour, while the blood mod just handles the buddy cam. Essentially just pick which version of the post_effects.xml file you prefer to use and the two mods will work fine together.

nope, read the blood mod thread :thumbsup:

@Vth F Smith: about your installation question. A cumbersome (but easy) way to let people decide which parts to install would be to put everything in seperate installers. IE, new AI in one, sepia filter in another, etc. That's what a few people did for mods in GR1. Just a thought, Good luck. :thumbsup:

Sorry for the late reply but I'm also currently working on 2 other pretty time consuming projects (and I've been working on my sig pic as you can see. BTW: Yep, it's me.)! :)

Well, I'm aware of the cumbersome way, but I want to keep everything together and 100% customizable because after all, it'll be my own mod (and of course I wanna show up my skills a bit :lol:). However thanks for your feedback! :)

I'm up for testing, but maybe the real thing will be out soon?...

Not yet since I'm planning to expand that list a bit more and add a few suprises to it :whistle:, but I promise it'll be worth the wait! :) Edited by Vth_F_Smith

Testers needed - so if you're interessted, let me know! :)

Hardly I speak English, but I would like to prove it in my Spanish version. It sends a personal message to me ?

Various other features have been added to the features list.

Inside the start post of this thread, I'll now try to give you all semi-regulary updated info about the mod's status, so once I had to change or even had to remove something you'll immidiately know it! :)

BTW: Now that the AI almost works like it should (I'll continue to improve / enhance it, though), I have a few plans involving the body awareness feature! :whistle:

Edited by Vth_F_Smith

I believe he's refering to your realism mod. :)

Oh....yeah....of course! :wall: Well, my testers will soon get the Version 1.3 and if everything turns out to be fine, I'll make it public while I'm working on other NEW features! ;)

Oh....yeah....of course! :wall: Well, my testers will soon get the Version 1.3 and if everything turns out to be fine, I'll make it public while I'm working on other NEW features! ;)

:rofl:

when will this be bro??

I like the texture you are using on the uniforms. I'd need to see a front pic of the goggles. if they are like some others that I've seen{they look backlit} they are pretty cool but they need to have the lighting{the lighting inside the goggles} turned down until it can be barely seen.

on another note, has anyone figured out how to get rid of that ugly texture{stretching} on the backside of the characters arm where the arm joins the torso?

I'd need to see a front pic of the goggles. if they are like some others that I've seen{they look backlit} they are pretty cool but they need to have the lighting{the lighting inside the goggles} turned down until it can be barely seen. On another note, has anyone figured out how to get rid of that ugly texture{stretching} on the backside of the characters arm where the arm joins the torso?

There's ATM no way to correct the stretching, since it's part of the model's UV map. We'd need to access the model and re-arrange the model's UV map in order to get rid of it. However if we would have access to the tools for the re-texturing process, then first I'd like to change the UV map of the helmet (and most of all the head) as well as it's texture size since it then could handle a lot more details. I'd also love to integrate a semi-dirt map since the soldiers would then look a bit more realistic instead of sterile. I mean - they are inside Mexico throw themselves into the dust, try to get passed enemy fire, press themselves against walls to avoid detection...but their uniform look as if they just came out of a dry-cleaner. They have no scratches, no burns, no dust on the clothing - it's just too clean to be realistic. However my recent experiements always resulted in a "not anymore realistic look" when I tried to add dust or dirt to the helmet & the uniforms.

"Bugfix" to the 2 ghost armpatches texture problem has been added.

- The ghosts no longer have two ghost armpatches over another

- Helmet texture has been changed in order to look more realistic

Edited by Vth_F_Smith

sounds great! Could you post a picture of the new helmet you've made please? I've been trying to make a better looking helmet texture but without much sucess so far.