• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Can't believe I missed this mod.

Does anyone have a link for the latest version? I do not see a link on the front page?

Over the past two years I have been making my own private mod (uses stuff from Snowfella and Berzeities) and I thought I did some original stuff, like give the weapons and accessories their proper names. Guess not! :lol:

• 2 months later...

Could someone confirm for me the kinds of changes that I should see if this mod is operating correctly?

I uninstalled Brettzies weapon pack v. 6, and installed ROM 1.41. There weren't any other mods installed in the GRAW's directory. According to its instructions displayed during its automatic installation, I opened up context.xml and changed the term "English" to "mod", but when the game loaded up, I was not greeted by the customized load up screen (the one that has "Realism" in large scale font on it). I started up a new campaign, which took me immediately to the cargo hold of the plane that my team then skydives out of. If there was supposed to be a weapon-select stage before the skydiving, the game skipped it altogether. From my understanding, I should be seeing natural colors, and not have every visible inch dominated by the acrid yellow filter effect. Well, I still had the acrid yellow filter effect, and the AI didn't behave any smarter than before. Also, from earlier development shots that I saw, it appears as though the men's uniforms were switched to a Multicam variant, but the greenish and pinkish splotches certainly weren't on display when I was playing.

Is this mod compatible with the latest patched version of the game, or...?

I even thought that the instructions about changing the context.xml were in error, so I altered "English" to "modcombi", which is the name of the folder that's installed in the local directory. That didn't change a thing though, as the regular game loaded up anyway.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Could someone confirm for me the kinds of changes that I should see if this mod is operating correctly?

I uninstalled Brettzies weapon pack v. 6, and installed ROM 1.41. There weren't any other mods installed in the GRAW's directory. According to its instructions displayed during its automatic installation, I opened up context.xml and changed the term "English" to "mod", but when the game loaded up, I was not greeted by the customized load up screen (the one that has "Realism" in large scale font on it). I started up a new campaign, which took me immediately to the cargo hold of the plane that my team then skydives out of. If there was supposed to be a weapon-select stage before the skydiving, the game skipped it altogether. From my understanding, I should be seeing natural colors, and not have every visible inch dominated by the acrid yellow filter effect. Well, I still had the acrid yellow filter effect, and the AI didn't behave any smarter than before. Also, from earlier development shots that I saw, it appears as though the men's uniforms were switched to a Multicam variant, but the greenish and pinkish splotches certainly weren't on display when I was playing.

Is this mod compatible with the latest patched version of the game, or...?

I even thought that the instructions about changing the context.xml were in error, so I altered "English" to "modcombi", which is the name of the folder that's installed in the local directory. That didn't change a thing though, as the regular game loaded up anyway.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

go to local. and if the file in there is named english, the context. xml should stay as english. i have my game patched to 1.35 and it works okay :D modcombi only applies to Ameyeblind's mod combination just so you know. basically whatever the name of the file is in 'local' is what the name should say in context.xml

Edited by zeealice

modcombi only applies to Ameyeblind's mod combination

Well, that basically explains why I thought I was seeing AmEyeBlind's German Flecktarn camo being worn by the Ghosts! Duh!

Alright, I deleted "modcombi."

Looking through the "local" folder, and there's no "English" directory or ANY directory other than the standard language ones. The mod didn't install itself correctly, so I downloaded it into a file I created called "ROM," moved that into the "local" folder, redirected the context.xml from "English" to "ROM," and it worked!

I was very worried there for a bit, as when I jumped out of the plane, the city below became an almost solid sheet of blue-black forms. Happily, it wasn't nearly that dark once the parachute deployed, but it's still exceptionally dark. I bumped the brightness in-game to max, but even then, it's too dark.

I went ahead and deleted ROM's textures, and pasted the rest of its files into Brettzies' v. 6 weapon pack. I was nervous about doing this, but I rolled the dice anyway.

While I really liked ROM's textures on the Ghosts, I enjoy Brettzies mixed head coverings more.

I'm happy to report that when I started a new campaign using Brettzies' .BAT, I was able to select and customize 2 of Brettzies' weapons for my kit without any (known) bugs. When the game faded into the plane's cargo hold, everything was super dark as with ROM's mod, but the Ghosts' skins were clearly Brettzies' work. As before, once the chute deployed, the colors became much more closer to normal.

As far as I can tell, ROM's all important AI changes are still working. The first Ghost reloaded his weapon from behind cover, although I still wish that he would stay closer to me as he obeyed my Follow order.

I may have all too quickly "created" my almost-perfect dream mod for GRAW. My fingers are tightly crossed that the rest of the gameplay goes smoothly, although there's one feature that's annoying the heck out of me right now: virtually every round fired, whether from enemy or friend, is a tracer round.

Is there a listing somewhere that I could delete that would make those tracers disappear?

• 1 year later...

rom8fd.jpg

Gameplay changes (mainly AI)

------------------------------

- When looking for cover now the ghost AI's top priority is safe cover

- When looking for cover now the ghost AI's secondary priority is a tactical advantage

- Under fire the ghost AI will immidiately move to the next best cover, watch out for the enemy and then return the fire

- Firestyle has been changed to "Defensive"

- The ghosts will keep a much shorter distance now to the player (30 feet at max.)

- Reloading will now far more often take place when behind cover instead of in the line of enemy fire

- The Abrahms inside the "Ready for bear" mission will now attempt to aim at an enemy tank while moving, instead of waiting 'til a given waypoint has been reached

Visual changes

-------------------------

- The sepia post effect has been reduced to zero which results in a fully colored cross com, drone camera, buddy cam and tactical map

- The specularity of the ghost's uniforms has been reduced to a value near zero in order to get rid of the "SciFi space suit look" specular lighting that sometimes showed up

- Various small details were added to gloves and clothing in general to make it look more realistic etc.

- Specular lighting has been increased on black weapons

- The fake environment mapping of the sniper scope is now much more visible

- Allen got a new face texture (see my sig pic - you may call him Smith now laugh.gif )

graw20060613024937629bw.th.jpg graw20060612153324576pv.th.jpg cypher1ps.th.jpg graw20060616160000653cu.th.jpg graw20060613032840675rt.th.jpg graw20060613032854876of.th.jpg unbenannt2kopie3me.th.jpg

Current status

-------------------------

Your feedback so far has been very valueable - I really appreciate it! smile.gif

More testers are currently not needed but this may change as soon as the next Beta build of this mod is complete. Since Lancer already provided a texture pack with multicam weapons, I don't think it's necessary to provide another multicam pack (unless you want it). More features will be added to the above lists once a few little problems have been fixed. The next Beta version will also contain the above mentioned texture based changes (I wanted to keep the focus on the AI changes that's why the first build didn't contain the textures - sorry for that). Stay tuned! smile.gif

Hey Smith, is this downloadable somewhere?

AI in Ghost Recon..well not the smartest things in gaming history and I must dissapoint you again, I don't know, there might be something under the Downloads section tho, if you haven't checked there go take a look.

I found it and installed it, but it doesn't seem to work. In which directory did you install it? In other ways, how did you get it to work? And will it work with Brettzies weapon pack 5.0?