M203's Crashing Map

StereoG

No its the one room, so no portals required.

Any ideas?

The map is the Container Yard redesigned and renamed to the Shipyard lol. The map features to office block, two cargo tankers four cranes plus a shed load of containers.

Stereo.

I find it hard to beleive its a sherman level

I suppose maybe if its landing on ground below the lowest sherman but even then its unlikely

When you say firing accross does this mean you are firing out of the playable area?

are you maybe firing at a collission barrier that has inadvertently been assigned some unwanted property?

is it always when firing in a certain direction?

I find it hard to belive myself that its the sherman levels.

I mean from one side of the map to the other (Playable Space).

Anyway its a strange one. Ive made a few maps and havent encountered this before.

Thanks anyway.

Stereo.

The only thing I can think of is that (as previously mentioned) it's finding it's way out of the game somehow.

Is it possible that the shell is hitting a wall etc that has not been set to 3D collision.

If the map is small and you are firing from one side to the other can you see where it goes?

I know I'm insulting your intelligence but walls etc that form a boundary are set to 3d collision only and the collision plane in front of them is set to non 3d and non rendered.

If the shell has nothing to stop it, it will leave the game and could ctd

alternatively export a version with some parts removed and try to narrow the search. sometimes rebuilding one part of a map is the only answer.

try also firing at a shorter range, try to work out how far the shell has to go to ctd

also export the map as is and check the export log. it will bring up errors like bad textures but may pick up something serious.

In Igor under debug info: select multicolour floors and see if the floor and terrain type parts of your map are actually recognised by the game.

you mentioned sherman levels....... do you have 1 or 2?

if it's 2 make sure that you have followed the correct protocols with heights etc

make sure that you have the settings for the sherman level heights ok also. right click on them, click proprties and make sure that no strange settings have been accidentally applied.

make sure also that you haven't accidentally grouped something with a room that you shouldn't have. (door/ portal/ glass/ scenecenter etc)

I know this is all basic stuff but I'm just rattling off all the ctd type things I can think of

Th th that's all folks!

First cheers for the suggestions but ive already done most of them. The m203 is not hitting anything and the ground is fine. Its when i launch the m203 out of the sherman level 1 into level 2, so it leads me to believe its that but i think it shouldnt matter because ive launched m203 out of the maps before np. If you look at the shermans on the Example Castle map you will see you easily launch m203s out of the map.

Crazy, Ill work it out somehow. Ill create new shermans & try that & what ever else i think of lol.

Cheers again.

Stereo.

Edit = Typo

Edited by StereoG

Are you using sherman levels and sherman transitions? Did you make sure the sherman transition portals are aligned properly to the heights and on the x and y axis? Did you accidentally group any sherman object with a room?

Are you using sherman levels and sherman transitions? Did you make sure the sherman transition portals are aligned properly to the heights and on the x and y axis? Did you accidentally group any sherman object with a room?

Yes i am using transitions and they work correctly. Its my understanding that the transitions are for AI only so they can finf their way form level to level. I havent grouped anything by accident either.

Stereo.

Yes i am using transitions and they work correctly. Its my understanding that the transitions are for AI only so they can finf their way form level to level. I havent grouped anything by accident either.

Stereo.

hmmm....

Im stumped :blink::wacko:

One last question then I'm stumped too.

How did you make the second sherman level height

From scratch or cloned from the first one?

Hehe cloned from first one (Prior to map editor settings) then renamed it correctly.

I use a template i made, Works fine on all other maps ive made.

Real strange one for ya folks lol.

Cheers for all your help Element11, Appreciated M8. :D

Stereo.