Quick question for Serellan...

MAX419

I noticed that the new M468 has a zoom of 3x. Does this mean that there will be a 3x magnifying module behind the red-dot scope? I hope so!

Nevermind the naysayers about the DLC being too small...they haven't even played the thing yet.

Thanks

Edited by MAX419

I noticed that the new M468 has a zoom of 3x. Does this mean that there will be a 3x magnifying module behind the red-dot scope? I hope so!

Nevermind the naysayers about the DLC being too small...they haven't even played the thing yet.

Thanks

This is a bit of a misstatement, in pulling information from the game. The 3X is in comparison to the OTS view. It is based on a real red dot, just like the M468-SD, we give a slight zoom for the "focus" factor, but nothing like an ACOG.

Does that make sense?

Thanks

This is a bit of a misstatement, in pulling information from the game. The 3X is in comparison to the OTS view. It is based on a real red dot, just like the M468-SD, we give a slight zoom for the "focus" factor, but nothing like an ACOG.

Does that make sense?

Yeah...that makes sense....thanks for the reply! BTW what advantage is the new M468 going to have over the SD version??

Thanks

Does that make sense?

Yeah...that makes sense....thanks for the reply! BTW what advantage is the new M468 going to have over the SD version??

Well, it is unsuppressed, so the supersonic 6.8x43mm ammo packs a punch! Plus, you don't have the weight of that suppressor on the end of the weapon. The tradeoff, of course, is that people know where they are taking rounds from. ;)

Thanks

Does that make sense?

Well, it is unsuppressed, so the supersonic 6.8x43mm ammo packs a punch! Plus, you don't have the weight of that suppressor on the end of the weapon. The tradeoff, of course, is that people know where they are taking rounds from. ;)

Thanks man!!! One last question: I'm assuming that the new SCAR is going to have the ACOG sight. Is that correct???

Thanks

Does that make sense?

Thanks man!!! One last question: I'm assuming that the new SCAR is going to have the ACOG sight. Is that correct???

Yup. :thumbsup:

Is the SCAR-H SV strictly single shot?

I would wait for Serellan's confirmation, but I can tell ya right now it most probably is....The SV stands for Sniper Variant, plus the press release says single-shot only....

Is the SCAR-H SV strictly single shot?

I would wait for Serellan's confirmation, but I can tell ya right now it most probably is....The SV stands for Sniper Variant, plus the press release says single-shot only....

That is kind of where I was going with the question ... since it is a sniper variant and single shot it would seem to fit the Marksman Class more than Rifleman ...

So let me get this right.....no snow maps, so no use for the snow camo that we have?!?

Only 4 new maps!!!

Co-op missions that have the same objectives as the last 4 missions?

....and ###### is BATTLE MODE.....?

I love this game but was hoping for some fresh co-op game play...some new team based objectives and some additional maps rather than a regurgitated version of our existing 10.....new lighting = big deal.

GR fans want more, more, more.....the game and the franchise is so good you have created a monster......the GR fan expects the best and plenty of it...!!!

Hit us up with another DLC soon......NEW Maps not more of the same!!!

New co-op game play...not just recover any intel...etc...think..use your imagination......!!!!

Show us how next gen this game is......weather effects, snow, blizzards, wind......smoke that actually works when it is raining...lol (dry dock)

So let me get this right.....no snow maps, so no use for the snow camo that we have?!?

Only 4 new maps!!!

I love this game but was hoping for some fresh co-op game play...some new team based objectives and some additional maps rather than a regurgitated version of our existing 10.....new lighting = big deal.

GR fans want more, more, more.....the game and the franchise is so good you have created a monster......the GR fan expects the best and plenty of it...!!!

New co-op game play...not just recover any intel...etc...think..use your imagination......!!!!

Show us how next gen this game is......weather effects, snow, blizzards, wind......smoke that actually works when it is raining...lol (dry dock)

well you havent played the missions yet so you dont know how they play out .that is first. second. 4 new maps sounds about right. as a matter of fact other games that have been out alot longer have just gotten map packs consisting of 4 to 5 maps. remember graw has only been out 3 months. In addition to that. i am looking forward to the night version of nowhere. that is gonna be sweet. be happy with what you are getting , they could release nothing, and we could wait 2 years for the next game.....

Only 4 new maps!!!

well you havent played the missions yet so you dont know how they play out .that is first. second. 4 new maps sounds about right. as a matter of fact other games that have been out alot longer have just gotten map packs consisting of 4 to 5 maps. remember graw has only been out 3 months. In addition to that. i am looking forward to the night version of nowhere. that is gonna be sweet. be happy with what you are getting , they could release nothing, and we could wait 2 years for the next game.....

.......or we could just not play it anymore...!!!!

So what if its only been out 3 months.....shipping with only 10 maps is weak at best considering the fact that the MP side was developed seperately from the SP side of the game.

My point is not really to complain...more like we expected more. I think many gamers expected GRAW to have everything set in place...14-16 MP maps.....true next gen graphics....

BUT we got a polished version of GR2 with smaller and weaker MP maps...and not many of them either!!!

Only 4 new maps!!!

So what if its only been out 3 months.....shipping with only 10 maps is weak at best considering the fact that the MP side was developed seperately from the SP side of the game.

My point is not really to complain...more like we expected more. I think many gamers expected GRAW to have everything set in place...14-16 MP maps.....true next gen graphics....

BUT we got a polished version of GR2 with smaller and weaker MP maps...and not many of them either!!!

Ummm.....why did you buy it then??? It was no secret how many maps were coming with the game at release....right???

I tend to agree with reaper - while the new missions may turn out to be significantly different than the first 4 the descriptions don't sound very different.

While the number of maps was hinted at and then disclosed it was not clear what size they would be and the brevity of the coop missions was a surprise.

I play this game more than any other and love hosting rooms and trying out as many of the settings as possible ... but the limited maps is an issue. How many MP maps did GR2 ship with - 22? and the ability to play all the missions in coop. Summit strike - 11 missions and some 20 + maps (I can't remember how many were brought over from GR2) - for $30. And the DLC was $0.00.

As I said before I will wait to see how the lighting changes really impact game play .. but Dusk on Fishing Village isn't giving me a warm fuzzy.

Only 4 new maps!!!

Ummm.....why did you buy it then??? It was no secret how many maps were coming with the game at release....right???

Nope, you are right...it was no secret...the limited number of maps was well advertised....but still disappointing. I guess I would buy a GR game even if it shipped with one map......DLC is a new thing and a vehicle for games to not only have a longer shelf life but also a mechanism for game devs to upgrade or even fix certain bugs or issues that we the gamers are facing. When new maps are presented or advertised...I want NEW not same with a diff glow.....lol......still, I'm sure the co-op will be fun.....I must have played the other 4 a thousand times so far....

Opinions are good...It keeps this forum sexy.....!!!!!

Only 4 new maps!!!

Nope, you are right...it was no secret...the limited number of maps was well advertised....but still disappointing. I guess I would buy a GR game even if it shipped with one map......DLC is a new thing and a vehicle for games to not only have a longer shelf life but also a mechanism for game devs to upgrade or even fix certain bugs or issues that we the gamers are facing. When new maps are presented or advertised...I want NEW not same with a diff glow.....lol......still, I'm sure the co-op will be fun.....I must have played the other 4 a thousand times so far....

Thank you....I was about to go on a WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT rant!!! People on this forum are ###### and moaning about something that they haven't even seen or played yet (save for the screenshots). :wall: If you still don't like it when it's released, feel free to complain till your heart's content. Until then, here's a preemptive "shhh" for ya!!!

Edited by MAX419

That is kind of where I was going with the question ... since it is a sniper variant and single shot it would seem to fit the Marksman Class more than Rifleman ...

Not really...as most, if not all, infantry riflemen are trained to use single-shot for greater precision anyway. Think of it this way: Use your left trigger aim for CQB; Use your zoom for long distance shots. It's not really sniping; It's semi-sniping.

Correct me if I'm wrong Serellan, but is that the new SCAR-H SV that you're holding (virtually, of course) in the first-released pic of the DLC???

In GR Summit Strike the SCAR H SV was classed as a Marksman - that is why I was thinking maybe there was something missing in the description this time around that would make it be classed Rifleman.

OK....I'm going to try to clear things up here....I'm sure Serellan will correct anything I get wrong....

The new SCAR-H SV is different from the one in GRSS. The only thing the two have in common is their upper and lower receivers. The one in GRSS uses an SV barrel; The one in GRAW uses a standard barrel (see press release). I should note that the barrel on the SCAR-H we have now is actually a CQC barrel (shorter). Also, the new one uses an ACOG 4x32 scope; The one in Summit Strike uses something like a 16x40 scope.

If this is clear as mud, go to the following link...

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as70-e.htm

Only 4 new maps!!!

Thank you....I was about to go on a WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT rant!!! People on this forum are ###### and moaning about something that they haven't even seen or played yet (save for the screenshots). :wall: If you still don't like it when it's released, feel free to complain till your heart's content. Until then, here's a preemptive "shhh" for ya!!!

When you consider that we are talking about not just new maps, but new weaponry as well, (for all specialities as I understand it), we're getting a fair bit of variation on what we've become used to, even if we don't care for the new game modes.....

I'm looking forward to tackling the original maps with the new lead-chuckers, just as much as tackling the new maps with the old ones.... (I think I got confused somewhere)

Max419 - thanks for the info and link. I think I finally get it - the New SCAR H is a Sniper Variant without the sniper barrel or optics .. but with a single shot receiver :wacko: The SCAR H is one of my favorites so I will definitly be checking this out regardless and on the smaller maps we got at launch it sounds like it may be very effective as well.