DLC News - Offical Press Release and Screenshots

W1ngsh0t

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is the current Boneyard map, though it may look different than you usually see it based on your TV brightness and in game brightness settings.

One thing that is for certain in GRAW is that changing the in game brightness drastically changes the play of the darker maps. On default brightness on my 360 and TV, Boneyard looks quite a bit darker than those pictures. If I turn the brightness up, I can get it quite a bit brighter than those pictures, to look like middle of the day on a cloudy day.

That is one reason I am not sure how much replay value creating a darker version of Nowhere for instance will add much game value, because most of the people will end up turning up the in game brightness to see better.

old, not pics from dlc

btw, i think from all platforms red storms MP for 360 looks and feels like the only game which is real continuation of classic ghosts

Yes Jungle Mines is amazing for this. Just wait till you blast a few opponents off of the mine structure with a grenade and watch them carom to the ground. We've been doing it for a while now and it never gets old! :rofl:

In looking at screen shots, I am interested in that the 4 new maps look to have more verticality (word?) than most previous GR maps. I think that might add some more replay value and fun to the maps.

I just wish we were getting more. More, more, more..... :D

GIJOe - The fact that you are not happy with the PC version really doesn't mean a "f'n" thing. We paid full price for a next gen game - if some of us feel there were short comings to the product that can be addressed with DLC so be it.

How about you go get a 360 and quit whining about the PC version ....

I would love to play 360 GRAW. I loved GR2 online for xbox, but im not a joystick kinda of guy ive tried and tried but key&mouse work much better.If billy gates ever wakes up and makes 360 work with key&mouse with games he'll have alot more PC players come to 360 land.

Thanks for the note. I am looking forward to the new ones.

Now get back to work and get us some more new maps. :rofl:

And tell the higher ups to make them free and give you a raise. :)

Yes Jungle Mines is amazing for this. Just wait till you blast a few opponents off of the mine structure with a grenade and watch them carom to the ground. We've been doing it for a while now and it never gets old! :rofl:

In looking at screen shots, I am interested in that the 4 new maps look to have more verticality (word?) than most previous GR maps. I think that might add some more replay value and fun to the maps.

I just wish we were getting more. More, more, more..... :D

teamxbox.com suggest having some spare Microsoft Points for this DLC. How much (in points) do you guys think it will cost. I just purchased the 12 Month Xbox LIVE subscription that came with 200 Microsoft Points.. enough?

teamxbox.com suggest having some spare Microsoft Points for this DLC. How much (in points) do you guys think it will cost. I just purchased the 12 Month Xbox LIVE subscription that came with 200 Microsoft Points.. enough?

I would guess more in the range of 900-1200 points!?!

I would guess more in the range of 900-1200 points!?!

yeah I'm keeping 1750 just in case. 200 points will buy you some arcade game content.

It had better not be more than $5 US which would be around 400 pts I think - especially since the maps should be free and skins don't add to game play.....

ok, no I think somewhere around 900-1000 points would be fine by me 400 points would be better but seeing as I'm getting new maps new multiplayer options new co-op missions, and new weapons (on a side note the silent sniper rifle is worth the whole damned thing to me) I think that would be a fair price. . .and why exactly should the new maps be free? The people who made them may not have slaved over alot of em (changing day to night and vice versa isn't exactly something I know how to do but I don't see it being as hard as making a whole new map) but they still worked on them. Would you wanna do a job and not get paid?

It had better not be more than $5 US which would be around 400 pts I think - especially since the maps should be free and skins don't add to game play.....

can i ask you a question wingshot......why should they be free. These maps take people and man hours to create. I personally feel if a company wants to charge for additional content, they should. I feel the DLC will be around 5 to 10 dollars. There are a couple reasons why i feel like companies WILL and should charge for this content.

A. The majority of video game players in the US is 18-34 years old. Plenty old enough to have a job and afford the 5 bucks every 4 months to keep their game fresh.

B. Games like world of warcraft have proven, people will pay 15 dollars a month to play the same game, so these publishers know they can charge people 5 bucks or 10 bucks once every 4 months and have no problem.

C. Like i said above this DLC content doesnt make itself, and the Keebler Elves arent making it so....it cost money for them to make , they should charge money for it.

D. you arent being forced to buy it. it is added value content.

just a different take on your opinion.

Opsix - as stated before I feel GRAW shipped with a lack of MP maps. I understand that content takes time and resources to develop but, in my opinion, the MP content in terms of maps was lacking on GRAW at launch.

Having said that - I expect they will charge ofr the content and the majority of GRAW fans will buy it.

I also agree that the majority of players - myself included - will pay $5 for frequent updates ( Iwould like to think 2 - 3 months) that add to the game ... but if the launch content shrinks and companies plan on charging for DLC then the price at launch should reflect the diminished content. I for one would liek to see GRAW split into standalone MP and SP versions so I didn't have to pay for the SP development costs.

You suggest $10 as the high end ..well that is 1/6 the cost of the game ... which includes a full SP campaign and 4 coop missions, 6 mp maps and I am not sure hwo many weapons .. .I dont think 4 new coop missions, some relit maps, and 5 weapons came close to taking 1/6 or 1/12 the resources used to develop and launch GRAW.

I am all for new content and will happily pay a reasonable amount for the value recieved.

OPSIX how much is 1750 points in actual $$.

Don't have live and i think this dlc should come on a disc to upgrade g.r.a.w. or with an expansion pack (like summit strike) with new single player missions as well.

You Know, I was going to post when I first saw MasterKain was saving 1750=21.875 US. :lol:

I think you are just the consumer Ubisoft,Microsoft is looking for. If it costs that much, I guess Ill just move on. I will save $5 US for the DLC. Though, It would be nice if its free .

Microsoft points 80 to 1

You suggest $10 as the high end ..well that is 1/6 the cost of the game ... which includes a full SP campaign and 4 coop missions, 6 mp maps and I am not sure hwo many weapons .. .I dont think 4 new coop missions, some relit maps, and 5 weapons came close to taking 1/6 or 1/12 the resources used to develop and launch GRAW.

I am all for new content and will happily pay a reasonable amount for the value recieved.

yeah,....i agree with you there wingshot.. i took the time to think about my previous post. yeah 10 bucks would be a bit too much. personally I am hoping around 5 bucks.

as far as what the value of MS points converted to dollars is , i am not sure. i am also not sure if the DLC will be sent out via disc anytime soon. I think that it is possible that ubisoft could sell the dlc at first over live. then after like 2 months or so distribute it on oxm disc for free, sorta like halo 2 did.

On Amazon, if you convert the available 1600 point card that costs 16.47 or something like that, it comes out to be about a cent a point, so 500 points is 5 bucks. American currency obviously, but I dontk now if you are paying a premium for buying them through Amazon and on a card, and they might be cheaper if you just buy them digitally over Live.

Based on this link - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000B9RI1...glance&n=468642

The 1600 pts cost 19.99 - the "exchange rate for pts is 80 / $1 US. As stated in a post on the prior page the rates are different for other currencies and do not equate to the excahnge rate between those currencies and the $US.

Well I feel like an idiot I looked at the "New and Used" price.