DLC News - Offical Press Release and Screenshots

W1ngsh0t

No Date but

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=4...5154#1441015154

Scheduled to be available via the Xbox LIVE!â„¢ Marketplace at the end of June, this quality premium content will enrich and extend the original game by allowing players to continue the coop campaign through Nicaragua with four all new missions and extend their Live experience with 12 more playable maps.

More information regarding the upcoming Chapter 2 content for GRAW will be announced in the near future. Until then, take a look below for an outline of content this massive update consists of:

Continuation of Co-op Campaign with 4 All New Missions in Chapter 2:

Coffee Plantation (Day) – This takes place on a coffee plantation embedded deep in Nicaragua. The map is littered with good cover options that appear in the form of a centrally located plantation house, coffee processing equipment, growing coffee plants, and stacked bags of coffee beans ready for transport. The Ghosts’ overall goal of this mission is to eliminate the arms dealer and shut down his operations.

Shipping Port (Evening) – The next mission takes place at a shipping port and the Ghosts’ objective is to stop the enemy from smuggling weapons into the country. The player will interact with rebel troops through warehouses, decks of ships, and on massive shipping cranes. This night mission provides an eerie backdrop for Ghosts to move in take out the weapon shipments and ensure that the illegal smuggling of arms will stop.

River Depot (Dawn) – This map puts the Ghosts in a jungle area that the Rebel forces have infiltrated and are using for storing and shipping out illegal weapons. The goal of the Ghosts is to secure the warehouse facility that holds crucial information concerning the placement and shipment of weapons. As the player weaves through the jungle and eliminates the patrols of enemies, they must also destroy all the weapon shipments and keep the Rebels from extracting from the area. Massive trees, loads of weapon shipments, and enemy transports are unique characteristics of this mission.

Jungle Mine (Day) – The last mission in this co-op campaign chapter takes place in a mine that is vital to the Rebel force’s regime and the Ghosts are tasked with securing the area, destroying the weapons, and eliminating the Rebel leader. The central location on this map is the mine itself and it provides a place for multi-tiered gameplay surrounded by good cover. This mission provides a new gameplay experience for Ghost Recon fans and it will surely be one of the more memorable missions in GR history.

Additional Maps: 8 Revisited; Relit MP Adversarial Maps: 8 of GRAW’s favourite MP maps are revisited and relit for a new gameplay experience.

Fishing Village (Dusk)

Wharf (Late day)

Old Town (Morning)

Nowhere (Evening)

Coffee Plantation (Evening)

Shipping Port (Sunset)

River Depot (Day)

Jungle Mines (Evening)

Game Types:

2 New Game Types with 1 Game Mode - Team Battle: 2 all new game types add upon GRAW’s long list of available game types.

Team Blind Siege

Team Battle

2 New Camouflage Patterns: 2 all new camo patterns give new selections to further customize your character.

Canadian CADPAT

British DPM

4 New Character Customization Faces: 4 all new character faces with new camo patterns give new selections to further customize your character.

4 new face’s with new camo

New Weapons: 5 new weapons give you even further selection on how to take out your foes.

SR-25 SD (Marksman)

Description - "7.62x51mmSS - Combining the power of the SR-25 rifle with a suppressor, the SR-25 SD Sniper rifle is lethal, accurate, and quiet."

Game Info - Silenced, 20 rounds per mag, 10 mags (increased for marksmen), Single Shot, 8x and 16x Zoom

M468 (Rifleman)

Description - "6.8x43mm - This updated version of the standard US carbine uses a larger round to provide greater lethality against both armored and unarmored targets."

Game Info - 28 rounds per mag, 10 mags (increased for grenadiers), Single Shot and Full Auto, 3x Zoom

M468/M320 (Grenadier)

Description - "6.8x43mm/40mm - The standard M468 with attached M320 grenade launcher provides a versatile dual-purpose firing platform."

Game Info - 28 rounds per mag, 10 mags (increased for grenadiers), Single Shot and Full Auto, 3x Zoom

AK-47 LMG (Gunner)

Description - "7.62x39mm - Modified from the classic AK-47 the AK-47 LMG includes a 75 round drum magazine, and shares most of the characteristics of the AK-47."

Game Info - 75 rounds per magazine, 6 mags (increased for gunners). Fully Auto Only, no zoom

SCAR-H SV (Rifleman)

Description - "7.62x51mm - This version of the SCAR-H rifle comes with a standard barrel and improved optics, making it better for long-range shooting."

Game Info - 20 rounds per mag, 10 mags (increased for riflemen), Single Shot, 2x and 4x Zoom

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Thanks for the news.

As I posted in the Ubi forum, based on the press release, I basically find this DLC uninspired and lacking. Only 4 actual NEW maps and all the missions read like they are the same plot. Eliminate leader, destroy weapons. Same as Wharf and Temple.

I'll have to see how they play out, but I found the missions 1-4 to be rather uninspired compared to GR thru GR:SS missions, and these chapter 2 missions don't sound any better.

Hopefully the DLC will add more to GRAW than it sounds like it will... :tomato:

more than i was hoping for, i knew we wouldnt be let down.... thanks RSE

while i was hoping for some missions that involved more complex dynamics. i will have to see how these play out. but so far to me the additions seem pretty large, especially when the game is only 3 months old. i think they have been pretty busy up there at RSE

more is always good,....and seeing some of those huge towers means the run and gun crowd will have to slow down unless they want some snipers to blow their heads off..

I dont mind the time of day changes too much as they will make a difference in gameplay. Nowhere looks specially nice.

too bad that the guys on that fishing village pic look to be nothing more than a bunch of spawn campers. they all deserve to die (in-game) :lightning:

Edited by 5timechamp

btw is this all we are getting in regards to updates on the game or will some of the little issues get fixed as well (mostly the random spawn not functioning).

Also on a previous post it was mentioned that "all" maps would now have optional time of day settings, this being the case is it safe to say then that some maps were withheld to serve as a package for yet another DLC package?. Heck dont get me wrong this isnt a gripe I'm all for paying for quality stuff (hey i paid the 60 for this game and gladly would have paid 80) im just nosy is all.

Quick question since I don't have a 360 yet, but am strongly thinking about getting one since the ps3 will cost a fortune. Is this type of DLC usually free, or will there be a charge for it? And if they charge you for it, what is the usual price. Thanks for the help.

I am hoping this is free - with only 10 maps at launch and the inability to play the singleplayer campaign online (Coop) there was a big hole to fill ... this second chapter of coop missions helps to fill that hole.

This DLC will up the map count to 14 - no, I am not ready to count 8 maps with new lighting as additional maps until I see how much gameplay is truly changed - and 8 coop missions.

IMO that is what should have been included at launch.

"quality premium content" tells me there will be a charge for the DLC. Probably aproximately $5 US.

I tend to agree that this DLC brings the game to about where it should have been content wise at launch. Therefore, I would like to see the content be free, but it will likely have a cost.

I also agree about the 8 relit maps. Especially with how many people play with the brightness setting changed on the night maps anyway.

"quality premium content" tells me there will be a charge for the DLC. Probably aproximately $5 US.

Right you are, Cons....anytime the word "PREMIUM" sneaks its way into a press release, it means that you are going to part ways with some of your loot.

Having said that, this DLC is about what I expected. I was hoping for the enhanced optics SCAR and an unsilenced Barrett M468 (it makes it more like the one I own). Maps look pretty sweet as well (esp. Jungle Mine). Now all I can hope for is that one of the new MP faces has a goatee and has a shaved head....with brown eyes....and brown eyebrows.....hint hint Serellan!!! :whistle:

Edited by MAX419

SR25-SD

:snipe:

Now you'll have no idea where I'm coming from :-D

Jesus RSE this looks good can't wait end of june is too long lets make it the eight of june ya? :huh: no? fine I'll wait. but only because you said so. Looks beautiful guys thanks for finally handing us some news it was totally worth the wait.

You 360 GRAW players are spoiled f'n brats!!!!!You getting alot of new stuff,even more guns!!All us PC players are getting is part of in unfinished game that adds DM and 2 coop maps no new guns and crap like you guys are getting.So just be happy you have a good finished game and new stuff already.

GIJOe - The fact that you are not happy with the PC version really doesn't mean a "f'n" thing. We paid full price for a next gen game - if some of us feel there were short comings to the product that can be addressed with DLC so be it.

How about you go get a 360 and quit whining about the PC version ....

Amazing, oh how I love RSE.

I would have to say that X360 DLC is one of the greatest ideas ever, such as all the new maps for CoD2, revived that game for me, and this is even more.

And at 5-10 bucks, it is giving a whole new life to this game, very cool.

In looking at screen shots, I am interested in that the 4 new maps look to have more verticality (word?) than most previous GR maps. I think that might add some more replay value and fun to the maps.

I just wish we were getting more. More, more, more..... :D

In looking at screen shots, I am interested in that the 4 new maps look to have more verticality (word?) than most previous GR maps. I think that might add some more replay value and fun to the maps.

I just wish we were getting more. More, more, more..... :D

I was thinking the exact same thing.

I just wasn't brave enough to try and pull off "verticality". :grin1: