Something seems to be wrong here

In case this has been posted before I apologize, but I haven't seen it.

When I switch from Medium to High Quality Textures, I get this:

bug8kb.th.jpg

My system:

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 (2.64 Ghz)

RAM: 2 GB DDR2 (Dual Channel)

Videocard: Sparkle Calibre Geforce 7900 GT

Videodriver: NVidia Forceware 84.21

Every kind of help is highly appreciated! :)

Edited by Vth_F_Smith

How strange, usually related to overheating.

To be totally honest, although those drivers are the last official release, they are by far anygood for Graw. Give the 84.43s a whirl, seem to be about the best and most stable for this game so far.

It definatly looks like it's overheating. If you're overclocking it, reset the clocks to defaults amd see what it gives. If not, check the temps. Also, try other Forceware versions, see if that helps. Might be defective too...

Good luck with that...

I used to get that gfx glitch in Farcry & my FX5800 128MB, the only way forward was to have a combination of low to medium settings in game menu. Someone told me once it was due to gfx card memory overheating?.

Overheating? The card is brandnew and I didn't overclock it, plus I only get the problem in GRAW but in other games it seems to work like it should! :huh: Edited by Vth_F_Smith

Dude sorry i'm going blind, for some reason i thought your gfx card was much lower spec. The 7900gt is a great card, how much memory on the gfx card. Anyway i read this in the support readme file.

Graphics Cards Supported:

Radeon 9600

Radeon 9700

Radeon 9800

Radeon X300

Radeon X600

Radeon X800

Radeon X1600

Radeon X1800

Radeon X1900

GeForce 6200

GeForce 6600

GeForce 6800

GeForce 7800

Maybe nvidia will sort it out in new drivers? also found this in readme

4.1. Technical Support

Technical Support:

To get technical support, go to www.ubi.com <http://www.ubi.com> <<http://www.ubi.com>> and click "support" from the top toolbar.

Dude sorry i'm going blind, for some reason i thought your gfx card was much lower spec. The 7900gt is a great card, how much memory on the gfx card. Anyway i read this in the support readme file.

Nobody is perfect, man! :) Thx, for helping anyway! Oh and the 7900 GT has 512 MB on board.
Maybe nvidia will sort it out in new drivers?
Yep, most likely! Oh well, I should have known the card is way to new - problems are pre- programmed if I'm using drivers who are older than this baby! :)

In case you want to know more about it:

GeForce 7900 GT

--------------------

Name: Calibre P790

Dev: Sparkle

Clock: 500 MHz

Pixel-Pipelines: 24

Memory

---------

Capacity: 512 MB

Type: GDDR3

Clock: 1400 MHz

256 Bit

RAMDAC

----------

1. RAMDAC 400 MHz

2. RAMDAC 400 MHz

Resolution

-------------

1024x768x32Bit 200 Hz

1280x1024x32Bit 170 Hz

1600x1200x32Bit 120 Hz

2048x1536x32Bit 85 Hz

Edited by Vth_F_Smith

Smith, check out this article pointed out to me by CR6:

7900GT cards overheating

Ok....I'm "a bit" concerned now considering the fact that I spent 359,- Euro's on a possible overheating high end video card! :unsure:

EDIT:

Phew......I'm relieved - the card passed the Deep Freeze scenario without a problem, crash or artifact! :)

Well, I've never been that much interessted in Benchmarking and comparing the results, so besides that benchmarks are usually beautiful eyecandy I know nothing about them (except what they do of course), but 3844 3D Marks doesn't sound that bad, right? :)

Edited by Vth_F_Smith

Smith, check out this article pointed out to me by CR6:

7900GT cards overheating

Ok....I'm "a bit" concerned now considering the fact that I spent 359,- Euro's on a possible overheating high end video card! :unsure:

EDIT:

Phew......I'm relieved - the card passed the Deep Freeze scenario without a problem, crash or artifact! :)

Well, I've never been that much interessted in Benchmarking and comparing the results, so besides that benchmarks are usually beautiful eyecandy I know nothing about them (except what they do of course), but 3844 3D Marks doesn't sound that bad, right? :)

I would say that's a good score in 3DMark06. Maybe GRIN will support the 7900 in the new patch?.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I think I nailed down the problem.

As soon as I switch to Anisotropic 8 and higher (16) those strange textures, vertices or whatever show up, but if I set my card to Anisotropic 4 it's running fine. The only problem is: The textures are not that sharp in Anisotropic 4 and if I click on DEFAULT in the video settings the game automatically set's the filter to Anisotropic 8 because my card should easily be able to handle Anisotropic 8! :(

There are KNOWN ISSUES with the 7900 GT and GTX.

Do a google on 7900 artifact or 7900 problem or other such things and you will see that it is a systemic problem that nVidia themselves have acknowledged. No known solution as far as I know.

I have returned two cards and my third has also in the process of failing (XFX 7900 GT extreme edition).

It is unlikely to be a GRAW issue.

Could be perhaps (as you are running a 2.6Ghz which isn't too new) that

your powersupply is insufficient. That card requires a lot of juice. How many Watts is it outputting? If it's below 400W you should seriously consider replacing that (the power supply unit) before anything else.

Could be perhaps (as you are running a 2.6Ghz which isn't too new) that

your powersupply is insufficient. That card requires a lot of juice. How many Watts is it outputting? If it's below 400W you should seriously consider replacing that (the power supply unit) before anything else.

I'm using a 450 Watt power supply and I think that'll definitely be enough! :D

And you're right a 2.64 Ghz isn't that new, but combined with 2 GB RAM and a high end videocard like the 7900 GTX, this shouldn't be a problem + the demo was running more than fine - even better than expected! :)

Guess I'll have to wait for the next driver and hope it solves the problem! :(

Edited by Vth_F_Smith