GRAW Add On Pack & Update 1.16

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+ Grenade Launcher Rant/

It is a cool weapon, and we all know how we can get fustrated by a camper using this.

My main problem with this weapon is that, from the first shot you cannot locate it origin. The smoke trail is so faint, and disapears way to fast. The only disadvantage this weapon has is close range and its reload time.

It is funny, I ran into so many people using this close range and they launched it at me, only for it to bounce(lol, thats great, that is such a BF2 habbit)

My other problem...When aiming the gun to close to the wall, the gun removes itself because it cannot fit...hmm~ great feature , really I like it...but I turned a corner and I was crouched, and a enemy was right in front of me and my gun was put down because he was to close to me, minor bug perhaps, but it was annoying has hell.

Positive things i picked up playing yesterday:

Playing more and more, I relised that i'm starting to lose my BF2 habbits, I'm no longer sprinting everywhere, I sprint cover to cover only. I creep around corners, I use my enviorment to gain the advantage. I totaly abuse the darkness of allies to hide from people who are right infront of me(lol, man I love that feature in GRAW)

I'm back to playing slow and tactical now and when I did I noticed how much I improved. Now when I aim i'm very accurate (since I'm not tired from running everywhere) I only shoot from the darkness, unless forced.

if I engage a target from one corner and fail to kill him, I remove myself and flank him. Too many times do people run in head on for no reason, when they could very well sneak up on the target.

I noticed that no one is really taking advantage of the Grenades at all! I'm going to try to find a good use for grenades today.

+ Grenade Launcher Rant/

It is a cool weapon, and we all know how we can get fustrated by a camper using this.

My main problem with this weapon is that, from the first shot you cannot locate it origin. The smoke trail is so faint, and disapears way to fast. The only disadvantage this weapon has is close range and its reload time.

It is funny, I ran into so many people using this close range and they launched it at me, only for it to bounce(lol, thats great, that is such a BF2 habbit)

My other problem...When aiming the gun to close to the wall, the gun removes itself because it cannot fit...hmm~ great feature , really I like it...but I turned a corner and I was crouched, and a enemy was right in front of me and my gun was put down because he was to close to me, minor bug perhaps, but it was annoying has hell.

Positive things i picked up playing yesterday:

Playing more and more, I relised that i'm starting to lose my BF2 habbits, I'm no longer sprinting everywhere, I sprint cover to cover only. I creep around corners, I use my enviorment to gain the advantage. I totaly abuse the darkness of allies to hide from people who are right infront of me(lol, man I love that feature in GRAW)

I'm back to playing slow and tactical now and when I did I noticed how much I improved. Now when I aim i'm very accurate (since I'm not tired from running everywhere) I only shoot from the darkness, unless forced.

if I engage a target from one corner and fail to kill him, I remove myself and flank him. Too many times do people run in head on for no reason, when they could very well sneak up on the target.

I noticed that no one is really taking advantage of the Grenades at all! I'm going to try to find a good use for grenades today.

I make use of grenades, both the 43 mm on the gun and normal ones. Mostly when the enemy is below/above you you can throw in a grenade quit easy, and for bunkers or so a 43 mm does wonders..... (very happy with the new aim on that!)

Grenade Launcher rant:

After using the Grenade launcher myself I have just relised that it has no aiming problem what so ever, it is 100% accurate after running, sliding, and even walking it is 100% accurate.

This weapon was not designed for close combat, yet in this game the solution to ending everyones life is the grenade launcher.

I say you decrease the accuracy of the grenade launcher in motion (this includes walking also) and make it most accurate when crouched, not moving.

right now, it really is like a rocket launcher.

Grenades:

I've had fun with this yesterday, I used it to clear areas in shanty town. I love rolling it in the area instead of tossing it because it makes it much harder for the enemy to see. It is very usefull if you know when to use it.

SAW:

Dear god, I love this baby. I held off 6 guys by myself with this thing, I had them all ducking for cover in shanty town. It is very affective. I wasn't even aiming at anything, I was just spraying the narrow ally and I nailed 6 guys. I through a grenade to keep them in cover and bought some more grenades.

I defenantly see this weapon being very usefull in matches and sqaud work, but it doesn't seem to have the same killing power as the Scars.

Lag or Animation error?:

this happend to me more often than than I would like, I'm walking down an ally...tactical in all. and a guy turns the corner "running" and I unload on him and magical bullets come out while he is still in his running pose and end my life, or the combo of Running and magical bullets come out on sight.

I'm getting better at this game, whats holding me back is not having anyone covering my 6 and suporting me. I'm making bold moves like Should I check the left first or right? and thats a risk I shouldn't have to take if I had a partner to work with. or someone to cover me as I laydown smoke for us to pass through.

I found lots of complaints about having the DM mode and not TDM in this patch, but what I couldn't find is an explanation as to why we got one and not the other in this patch. I was just wondering if GRIN or UBI posted any thing on the reasoning for this. As far as I could tell, the most requested addition to the game was TDM in MP. I'm just a little confused as to why they chose to do DM instead.

That being said, after finally getting to play some DM and checking out all the changes this patch provided, I must say that this is a nice step in the right direction. Here is to hoping the next patch is more like a ‘leap’ in the right direction. :thumbsup:

Grenade Launcher rant:

After using the Grenade launcher myself I have just relised that it has no aiming problem what so ever, it is 100% accurate after running, sliding, and even walking it is 100% accurate.

This weapon was not designed for close combat, yet in this game the solution to ending everyones life is the grenade launcher.

I say you decrease the accuracy of the grenade launcher in motion (this includes walking also) and make it most accurate when crouched, not moving.

right now, it really is like a rocket launcher.

Agreed, and while not strictly on-topic, this is one weapon that should be restricted on servers, if there were kit restrictions to begin with ;)

found some time yesterday between the two soccer-matches (world championship germany) to give patch 1.6 a try. ;)

what i like is the more simple grenade-launcher-aiming. with the old scale-like aiming-help i missed my target from time to time. yesterday the grenades went exactly there where i wanted them to go. :thumbsup:

as for the hit-effect or bullet-passes-nearby effect: i didnt notice anything. i thought, that it would affect any movement or shooting in a more striking way.

Overall the patch is great. I like the new control options (sticky keys, etc.), and in-game movement seems snappier/more responsive.

It's great to see new co-op maps, but as far as I can tell none of the co-op issues that people complained about have been addressed. Things like respawn options, automatic transferring of commander duties if the current commander dies (thereby avoiding a forced end game), no saving, etc. So, for me, co-op is still very much broken. The maps that my friends and I have played are getting pretty boring because if ANYTHING happens (death, glitch, etc.) we have to start all over again. Not great from a playability perspective.

The anti-aliasing isn't very useful as far as I'm concerned. It just makes everything blurry and slows things down a bit (for me, anyway).

But Grin has made considerable changes/additions on the DM side and to the game in general, so even if things still need to be tweaked it's nice to see they're not just resting on their laurels.

In GR1 multiplayer games were unsaveable too..... the new savegame style makes it possible for the first time to save MP games.

In GR1 I played mostly without respawn (LAN 3pc at home only) so co-op missions were very hard.

The interesting feature I have found is that if hear a guy coming and sit still take cover and wait for him to come round he will kill you 9 times out of ten.

It seems that your being an easy stationary target out weighs your more stable aim when a guy comes running around the corner, where as he get an advantage from being a moving target.

BA

The interesting feature I have found is that if hear a guy coming and sit still take cover and wait for him to come round he will kill you 9 times out of ten.

It seems that your being an easy stationary target out weighs your more stable aim when a guy comes running around the corner, where as he get an advantage from being a moving target.

BA

BA,

The only way that they could have got the drop on you if you were quiet and motionless is 1) if they knew you were there or 2) if they were using the red diamond hack. The first reason I could see but if the server you are playing on does not have the anti cheat feature turned on then you are at a disadvantage from the start.

Of course the third reason he might get the drop on you might be his ping to the server is a lot faster then yours. OVer all...I have not had a problem with "quiet" tactics. SInce this patch has come out it seems that the game has blossumed towards these quiet tactics. THe CS:S type of game player that likes to run and gun will find themselves getting frustrated in a hurry in this game.

Tip: concerning you being still and waiting for them to round the corner. If you are standing or crouching you have a greater chance of getting hit verses you laying prone on the floor. the 1.16 patch seems to have fixed your ability to aim low with your reticle while in the prone position. The only disadavtage to laying in wait, prone on the ground is that if you miss your enemy's head when they round the corner...you have just become a sitting duck due to it being hard to move quickly in the pron position.

Tactic Tip: In Death match mode, try to get the most kills the quickest. If you and one other are the ony one left, everyone else having been eliminated via max death feature, if you have the most kills then you are in a position to sit still and wait for your enemy to come to you. The only time tacticly I can see some one camping in DM mode is in this situation. The second person left who does not have the most kills has to come looking for you because kill totals or elimination are the only way he can win. So when they come looking you will be there waiting. Note: when they get frustrated and call you a camper, politley remind them that you had the lead on kills and had no need to hunt...LOL. Tehy will get over their frustraition as soon as they get the chance to be in the lead wityh only one left in the match. =)

Happy hunting!!

BA,

The only way that they could have got the drop on you if you were quiet and motionless is 1) if they knew you were there or 2) if they were using the red diamond hack. The first reason I could see but if the server you are playing on does not have the anti cheat feature turned on then you are at a disadvantage from the start.

Of course the third reason he might get the drop on you might be his ping to the server is a lot faster then yours.

I also find it, most often, being a disadvantage being stationary in close combat

Lag issues is probably the explanation to why the 'attacker' or 'the player moving' win in these cases.

My guess is that your stationary postion is already present on the attackers computer and it takes time for the guy moving to send his new position to your computer. He sees you first (if he checks) and can open fire before you can even (sometimes) see him coming around the corner...

Just my cents...

Widescreen Issue:

While playing on a widescreen monitor, the aspect ratio consistantly changes every 2-15 minutes (shortest-longest time I've seen it last).

I thought I had the problem solved when I had reinstlaled the game. I lasted for about 10 minutes (then I dropped and started doing something else). The next time I played the game, I played SP. So I never saw the issue till later.

I started playing MP again, and within 5 minutes my screen skewed. I died, and it was reset to the proper widescreen ratio. A few minutes later - screen skewed again.

I tried joining a server without AC running - thinking maybe it was AC trying to keep the FoV from being changed - to no avail. The screen will skew with or without AC.

Apparently I am not the only one to have this issue - I've two clanmates with the same problem, and I've seen other posts of people complaining of the same effect.

Widescreen DID work properly in the initial install, as well as in the 1.10 patch. This didn't start happening till 1.16.

Widescreen Issue:

While playing on a widescreen monitor, the aspect ratio consistantly changes every 2-15 minutes (shortest-longest time I've seen it last).

I thought I had the problem solved when I had reinstlaled the game. I lasted for about 10 minutes (then I dropped and started doing something else). The next time I played the game, I played SP. So I never saw the issue till later.

I started playing MP again, and within 5 minutes my screen skewed. I died, and it was reset to the proper widescreen ratio. A few minutes later - screen skewed again.

I tried joining a server without AC running - thinking maybe it was AC trying to keep the FoV from being changed - to no avail. The screen will skew with or without AC.

Apparently I am not the only one to have this issue - I've two clanmates with the same problem, and I've seen other posts of people complaining of the same effect.

Widescreen DID work properly in the initial install, as well as in the 1.10 patch. This didn't start happening till 1.16.

I have a viewsonic 19" widescreen and have never had any screen problems with GRAW at all :)

That for Sticky peeking has appeared after a patch 1.16. Explain me please more in detail, what it gives and how it is shown? As this phrase - " Sticky peeking " - can be called on another?

With "Sticky Peeking" enabled things remain as they were prior to the 1.16 patch whereby tapping the peek bind puts you into the peek requiring a second tap on the bind to take you out of the peek. With "Sticky Peeking" disabled one has to hold down the peek bind to stay into the peek. Letting off the bind takes you out of the peek. This is the way the [Ghost Recon] peeking was handled.

Below I've included some additional thoughts on the new "Sticky Peeking" option taken from one of my replies in the technical support section.

I like the new ability to peek as we could in Ghost Recon, but unfortunately this was not implemented as the "Zoom toggle" feature was. As a result, we can only peek one way or the other via this new game option. I was hoping to see a "Peek toggle" option added instead allowing us to peek boths ways in game. With the "Peek toggle" option turned off one would only stay in a peek while holding down the bind. When letting off the bind they would come out of the peek. With the "Peek toggle" option turned on one would still be able to peek the predescribed way, but also peek toggle where just tapping on the peek bind puts you into a peek, then requiring a second tap on the bind to take you out of it. Please consider revamping the peek function as I've suggested here. It makes too much sense not to do it. :-) It would be the best of both worlds just as we have now with the "Zoom toggle" feature.
Edited by Low Profile

Aussiereg, do you get the levels of AA as options in-game or do you set it on your video card out of game?

The AA option added with patch 1.16 is called "Edge Smoothing". It is not true AA as supported by your video card. As such, forcing AA options outside of GRAW for your video card will have no effect in game other than perhaps slowing the game down some. From what I can tell this "Edge Smoothing" option simply blurs the textures from so far out. I'd call it "Distance Blurring" rather than "Edge Smoothing".

Edited by Low Profile