no more leaving mission area.....and check points

Hey guys, dont know if this has been touched upon yet, did a search and didnt come up with anything so I thought I would post it here, but I found a way to remove that annoying "your leaving the mission area Mitchell". I was able to move all over the area without hearing the general. This will give us a chance to find different avenues to attack from, I hope..... :)

I also found out how to adjust those check points(Save Game) areas. I was able to add more check points or for you hardcore war guys take some away. Still am working on this and will keep you posted on results.

I found a way to remove that annoying "your leaving the mission area Mitchell". I was able to move all over the area without hearing the general. This will give us a chance to find different avenues to attack from, I hope..... :)

Please post and tell soon. Damn great job, this is great news. :thumbsup:

silent_op

Hey cobbbbbb, how is the testing going? Can you move freely on all of the maps (CO-OP)?

silent_op

but I found a way to remove that annoying "your leaving the mission area Mitchell". I was able to move all over the area without hearing the general. This will give us a chance to find different avenues to attack from, I hope..... :)

Which xml file were you looking at?

silent_op

Don't get to excited guys. :blink:

I rewrote one of the missions in order to get inserted (by heli) at a different spot (just to test things out a bit). That worked fine (although nothing was activated yet; no enemies). Somehow I was also able to walk further then normally (without the warning and stuff) but if you go to far, the city looks like **** : very lo-res textures (buildings, roads) and even flat cardboard-like buildings.... (it's the "backdrop" I think) :wacko:

Edited by PeeWee678

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you guys...computer experienced some hiccups...everything seems to be back to normal now.....

I am using the xml from mission01 for testing. I found and deleted these 2 lines from the file:

This will allow you roam a little further away from the scripted route.

<area_group name="return_to_area" area_name="return_to_area" group="players" interval="1.0" condition="1"/>

<area_group name="mission_failed" area_name="mission_failed" group="players" interval="1.0" condition="1"/>

<area_group name="return_to_area02" area_name="return_to_area02" group="players" interval="1.0" condition="1"/>

<area_group name="mission_failed02" area_name="mission_failed02" group="players" interval="1.0" condition="1"/>

there are 2 sets of these lines so you have to remove both of them

Please remember to back up your files before you start editing.

Peewee678 is correct, the further you go from the mission area the less the textures are. (Also Peewee, I edited out the tutorial part, and when I landed I had free rein of the city, no ghost team or bogies, I guess I took out the trigger mechanism for the mission start..interesting things you may be able to do on these files)

Now for the save game check points.............

I added a couple more of these lines in various places in the xml file:

<element type="SaveGame" name="check_point01" start_time="2.0"/>

As you add these points you have to make sure and change the checkpoint occurences along the way so they increase incremently.

For ex. suppose you had 6 check points on a mission

<element type="SaveGame" name="check_point02" start_time="2.0"/>

<element type="SaveGame" name="check_point03" start_time="2.0"/>

<element type="SaveGame" name="check_point04" start_time="2.0"/>

<element type="SaveGame" name="check_point05" start_time="2.0"/>

<element type="SaveGame" name="check_point06" start_time="2.0"/>

but you wanted to add 3 more.......so when you insert the new points you have to rename the other check points as follows:

<element type="SaveGame" name="check_point02" start_time="2.0"/>

<element type="SaveGame" name="check_point0*" start_time="2.0"/> this is now 3

<element type="SaveGame" name="check_point03" start_time="2.0"/> this is now 4

<element type="SaveGame" name="check_point0*" start_time="2.0"/> this is 5

<element type="SaveGame" name="check_point04" start_time="2.0"/> this is 6

<element type="SaveGame" name="check_point0*" start_time="2.0"/> this is 7

<element type="SaveGame" name="check_point05" start_time="2.0"/> this is 8

<element type="SaveGame" name="check_point06" start_time="2.0"/> this is 9

If you will follow the script in the xml file you can see where you might want to add a few check points, just remember to add them under an event name, this is where the first check point is.... its where you land after parachuting out of the plane.....

<event name="player_landed">

<element type="DebugString" msg="player_landed" start_time="0.0"/>

<element type="UnitVisibility" name_id="player_parachute" action="show" start_time="0.0"/>

<element type="MissionCommand" name="tutorial" action="start" start_time="1.0"/>

<element type="EnableHud" start_time="1.0"/>

<element type="SaveGame" name="check_point01" start_time="2.0"/> <element type="Backdrop" action="hide" start_time="3.0"/>

<element type="RemoveVehicle" vehicle_id="c130"start_time="5.0"/>

It may seem a little hard for some to edit these files, If you want I will send you my files as I finish them....just be patient, as I have only worked on this first mission...as I said earlier my computer went crazy and I'm just getting back up to speed on this.