Ghost Recon.net Forums

GDC XIII: The Beautiful Game

Game, after game, after game ... I realize now what's most important in my life ... football.

Show me something more thrilling than the perfect volley ... tell me you've never dreamed that immaculate strike ... been part of that moment an entire nation holds it's breath ... tell me that football is not our one common language ... when the whole world stops for 90 minutes to be witness to that one thing we all understand. Yes, you can tell me I'm wrong, some may say it's just a game ... now feel the fever of the crowd, hear the roar of the faithful ...

This is the beautiful game, this is our moment.

In one week, 32 countries will send their best and brightest to do battle in the fields of Germany ... and nearly one in every seven human beings on the planet will watch.

gdcxiiipic.jpg

This is GDC XIII!!

Here is your chance to show your national pride ... create a wallpaper dedicated to a national soccer team of your choice. Entries that are careful to provide space for icons will be rewarded with utility points. Creatively conveying the sense of pride, rather than plastering players over each other, will garner the originality points. Wallpapers ought to be easy on the eyes and not detract too much from the icons so, unlike past GDCs, the color palette will be a major factor. Keep all entries exactly 800x600 ... and note the minimum point hurdle ... like the starting 11, you’ll be fighting for this one.

Theme: The Beautiful Game

Classification: Wallpaper

Style: Static Image

Size Specification: 800 px wide x 600 px high; 500 kb

Last Date of Submission: June 9, 2006; 12.00 am GMT

Minimum Point Hurdle: 50

gdcawardxiii_unclaimed.gif

OOOOOOOOHHHHH....You mean soccer.....I thought you meant Football

insert silly american comment here

and for the record....I live for Football....and my NFL Champion Steelers.....soccer...well again...I am American....It is starting to grow by leaps and bounds here...but not sure it will ever reach the fever that it holds elsewhere in the world.

HACK

Tis my entr-e

Dude, how many more times have I gotta tell you that "en" is "N", except for when used in the word "England"?

Oh, and it's "suckah!" So get it right, foo'!

Why dont you crawl back in the ###### hole you came out of ...

Tis my entr-e

Dude, how many more times have I gotta tell you that "en" is "N", except for when used in the word "England"?

Oh, and it's "suckah!" So get it right, foo'!

Why dont you crawl back in the ###### hole you came out of ...

I was released from that hole with the purpose of coming to destroy you. :P

ROFLMFAO!

That's the greatest series of posts I've read in a while...

I'm with Hack

Ill start calling it football when they stop using the soccer ball

Hehe, this is great.

Knock it off, N00BINS!

OK STOP POLLUTING MY GDC YOU TWO N00BINS!!! :angry:

You're just jealous 'cause you can't create an entry like the two previous entrants did. :lol::thumbsup:

**runs**

Arrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiibbbbbbbbaaaaaaaa!!!!

ROFLMFAO!

That's the greatest series of posts I've read in a while...

It's known as a "sense of humour"

Edited by WytchDokta

:lol: Nice one avey ... That's more like it .. Better than the banner (gr. net) you once did.. :P

untitled1sm5op.gif

I thought it always had a nice industrial-chic neuvo look about it.

Hey, that's flashing right on time with the beat of the music here!!

You two really need to stay off the cheap blotter.

Two? More like one - I do believe it was Squad_E that stated his eyes are hurting, and I'll tell you now, they ain't hurting 'cause of prolonged exposure to Avey's GR.net banner. Go figure.

Two? More like one - I do believe it was Squad_E that stated his eyes are hurting, and I'll tell you now, they ain't hurting 'cause of prolonged exposure to Avey's GR.net banner. Go figure.

And what makes you so sure of that?..

Your the one who advised it... :o