Ranked Room issues...

OPSIXDELTA

So these ranked rooms in GRAW are really starting to ###### me off. first off there may be a good reason that RSE or UBI or whomever is responsible decided to go with player hosted ranked rooms. Now my first justification for why they did this would be so that you and your friends could play together tactically in a ranked match. However in order to get your friends in there they have to search for the room ....you cant invite them. so that means that player hosted ranked rooms are not intended outright to be played by teams or clans etc. Because of this player controlled ranked room enviroment, i spent over 1 hour trying to get in a single ranked game the other night without being kicked out of the room because someone ranked 4 didnt want to risk losing to me (i am ranked 2) and lose his oh so precious rank. Here is the deal i would say if ranks meant anything which they do not, i am about a 5. i play alot and tend to do very well, . i am in an established clan that practices almost daily and we have become a very tactical and sucessful team. But the reason our rank is low is because we didnt start getting interested in doing ranked matches until recently. This now means that it is incredibly difficult and frusturating to get into a ranked game. IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING THIS ANNOYING ISSUE ? People in GRAW are acting like this rank is like some badge of honor,....like they recieved it after fighting 3 tours in Iraq. ....its a simple number by their gamertag thats all. Irratating. i think if graw did server controlled ranked rooms that allowed you and your buddies to form a party and go into a room together would better serve this type of game. Halo 2 did this and it is an old generation game. I hope this gripe of mine is something others have experienced so that the proper people can possibly address it.

i have also found that anyone over a rank of 9 or 10 tend to be glitchers. Most of the time NOT ALL OF THE TIME. please no flames.... just an observation, Which is dissappointing because it kinda makes the whole ranking system pretty much void. Christian can you tell me does the ranking system in graw relate to MS's trueskill ranking system or are the completely different things.?

appreciate the invite masta, i think my real gripe is that they dont go one way or the other. ... i guess i want them to either support team play in ranked games, or do away with player controlled ranked games. otherwise the team stacking that occurs is obscene. i went into a room, with a bunch of 7's and a bunch of 1's . they put all of us 1's on one team. we proceeded to beat them,. so what did they do when they were about 1 min. away from losing the match and their precious rank. everyone was booted from the game.....after we had been playing for almost 13 min. that is the type of thing that will make you throw your controller down and say the hell with it i am gonna play some uno.

Christian can you tell me does the ranking system in graw relate to MS's trueskill ranking system or are the completely different things.?

They are seperate entities. The ranking is assigning your rank based on the points you accumulate (or lose) playing in ranked matches, as well as relaying the information to the ranked leaderboards. TS rating is calculated all the time, for the purposes of matchmaking. That is why you may see a rank 10 player matched with a rank 1 player, because they have a similar TS rating. So if someone ONLY ever played ranked matches, then their rank would be reflective of their TS rating, but other than that, no.

Christian can you tell me does the ranking system in graw relate to MS's trueskill ranking system or are the completely different things.?

They are seperate entities. The ranking is assigning your rank based on the points you accumulate (or lose) playing in ranked matches, as well as relaying the information to the ranked leaderboards. TS rating is calculated all the time, for the purposes of matchmaking. That is why you may see a rank 10 player matched with a rank 1 player, because they have a similar TS rating. So if someone ONLY ever played ranked matches, then their rank would be reflective of their TS rating, but other than that, no.

AH i gotcha, i see. cool thanks for clearing that up. and just to say dont take my whining about certain parts of the game in a bad way, which i am sure you dont, it is the game that dominates my evenings, i ###### love GRAW, i guess when you like a game so much you just think about what else could be added or tweaked. nice job looking forward to the updates. and as always i appreciate your dedication to the GRAW community.

I understand the dual ranking/True skill rating idea and if everyone understood, it would be far better than anything that's come before. But unfortunately, while there is a huge number of players who can't, or won't understand, these problems will always occur, and that is why I don't play ranked games.

I have been kicked from co-op games just before launch by hosts on more than a couple of occasions, because they didn't want "Unskilled, low ranked players who they couldn't rely on" in their games.

I have even been abused during co-op by by players who insist that I must be using cheats, because I have still been scoring kills and completing missions long after they've been killed, even though my rank is 1 and theirs is 5, or more....

I understand the dual ranking/True skill rating idea and if everyone understood, it would be far better than anything that's come before. But unfortunately, while there is a huge number of players who can't, or won't understand, these problems will always occur, and that is why I don't play ranked games.

I have been kicked from co-op games just before launch by hosts on more than a couple of occasions, because they didn't want "Unskilled, low ranked players who they couldn't rely on" in their games.

I have even been abused during co-op by by players who insist that I must be using cheats, because I have still been scoring kills and completing missions long after they've been killed, even though my rank is 1 and theirs is 5, or more....

exact same thing happens to me Baldicus . so me and my clan obviously host our own rooms, its just a shame that when i am playing by myself without my friends. which is not often, but it does happen....i pretty much have to resort to playing firefight by myself because of the headache of trying to get into a ranked match and get to play without being kicked out.

and just to say dont take my whining about certain parts of the game in a bad way

I don't, I like all player's feedback, good and bad. That is one of the ways we work to continually improve games. I don't consider people calling out the things that they don't like or miss as "whining."

and just to say dont take my whining about certain parts of the game in a bad way

I don't, I like all player's feedback, good and bad. That is one of the ways we work to continually improve games. I don't consider people calling out the things that they don't like or miss as "whining."

cool once again, thanks for all the community interaction Serellan. very cool. not many devs do that.