Tracer rounds

So You Guys dont find disturbing that every bullet in magazine is a tracer and that when you fire you can see a line from a barrel to point where bullet hits the wall ? Sometimes when i see tracers passing my position its hard to say the dirrection they are beeing fired becaus all i can see i a yellow beam. Also , dont you thing that puting tracer rounds to a silenced handgun is stupid ? :) I think that tracers should look more like spark moving very quicly from barrel to location when you are aiming ( like it was made in GR1) . I think that tracers should be like 1 tracer per 3-5 round in a rifle and 1 tracer per 2-3 rounds in SAW. Pistols should be absolutely tracers free :) Dont you agree with that ? :whistle:

in general the only weapons that use tracers are mounted machine guns or multiple barrel (high rof) mounted weapons. the SAW may use them and it's generally 1 tracer followed by 2-5 non tracer rounds. the m16/m4 will not shoot tracers and a sniper most definately would never shoot a tracer round.

edited to say that the m16/m4 is capeable of shooting tracer rounds but in warfare they will not use these rounds

Edited by zulater

in general the only weapons that use tracers are mounted machine guns or multiple barrel (high rof) mounted weapons. the SAW may use them and it's generally 1 tracer followed by 2-5 non tracer rounds. the m16/m4 will not shoot tracers and a sniper most definately would never shoot a tracer round.

edited to say that the m16/m4 is capeable of shooting tracer rounds but in warfare they will not use these rounds

I've heard different things about tracer rounds in the M16/M4.

I know some troops - mostly special ops, like combat controllers - only carry tracer rounds to help point enemies out for larger weapons.

I've also heard that every 5th round or so in a magazine is a tracer, I don't know about that though.

t in warfare they will not use these rounds

wrong

you know i can admit when i'm wrong but it would be nice to know why i'm wrong. tracer rounds in the daytime are almost useless and putting them in a m16/m4 in most every case is as useless except to maybe point out a target like was previously mentioned. if there are other uses i would love to know.

I have noticed the tracers, but not like those in the video clip. Maybe it has to do with your graphics settings? I only play CO-OP, maybe the laser tracer effect is some sort of Domination only feature (I hope not)?

silent_op

wrong

you know i can admit when i'm wrong but it would be nice to know why i'm wrong. tracer rounds in the daytime are almost useless and putting them in a m16/m4 in most every case is as useless except to maybe point out a target like was previously mentioned. if there are other uses i would love to know.

I know for fact that Air Focre CCT's use them; and they are quite visible during the day. You can find examples of this in several military books....ask Hatcheforce as well

I have neither made the tracers nor made the decission to implement them so this is just my words as a gamer and not as a maker of the game...

They are not realistic but I like them. I know that tracers aren't supposed to be in many of hte firearms in this game and so on. But looking from the gameplay experience, I think they are important.

Even if the sound is so good that I often know where my enemies are before I see them, the tracers gives me some extra visible info.

When I'm playing I can see where there is a firefight, I can see where my buddy is aiming whitout him telling me, and I might spot where there are a camper hiding. And most importantly, I know that my own weapon fires tracers so that every other player might know where I am and where I am shooting.

That forces me to move and not sit an wait in a spot all day. That makes me careful of shooting since someone might spot me, holding a shot until I know that I will hit. It also gives me the though that I should try to move and get a better angle so that he wont see the tracers if I would miss. So it makes the players move, and contributes to a more dynamic and interesting gameplay.

20 Snipers sitting on each side of the map just racking up kills from those brave few who play tactical is pretty boring I would say, and it's probably the main reason I stopped playing BF2. I love the kick of knowing that there are 5 enemies in my zone and having to peek around each corner. If you don't force the players to move, those situations would not appear. You have to have some penality for camping, I think excessive tracers is one of the things that does the trick.

Then I know that there are a lot of reasons to not having them, but I hated them for a long time and now I'm not so sure I would remove them. And since you've already figured out how to mod the game, it should not be too hard to remove them in a mod for those who want it more realistic. But I think you would get surprised how different the gameplay would be.

Thats what I think, now flame on :rolleyes:

snipers don't use tracers from what I know. but to have "X" number of snipers on a map (ahem without having to buy a sniperrifle) would make GRAW open to all kinds of games.

tracers seem to be almost every round.

wrong

tracer rounds in the daytime are almost useless

wow, wrong again. sounds like you probably need some real world experience before you start giving opinions on things you know little about, except for the reality that exists within the games you play. Not trying to be harsh, but learn when to quit brother.

i agree with GRiN_Bumbi, since that's a game tracer might be a good thing, but i think it could be nice to make it look shorter, and make it travel slower. That would have a bigger psychological impact on the played seeing the bullet travel instead of seing a line go right into the wall. Because it currently doesn't have the impact that it could have for the player knowing that he might have a chance to evade the bullet.

right now if you are under fire you know that if a bullet got to hit you, you can't do anything about it and the exemple of that is the number of time that AI in coop hit you with a nearly impossible shot.

Nice movie with the StarWars theme :P:thumbsup:

Well, tracers should probably be there, but not too exagerated (which is the case, in my eyes). I'd like to see about every ~4th round for most guns like in [GR]...However, this is no 'biggie' too me.