XBox 360's still breaking

en4rcment

IGN has recently posted an article detailing their personal experiences and statistics on XBox 360 deaths. Microsoft is reporting a 3%-5% return rate on DEAD console systems. An interesting read.

Xbox 360s are still breaking; Microsoft claims rate of return is still within standard range. We look at the status of the console six months post-launch.

by Jonathan Miller and Kathleen Sanders

May 26, 2006 - The red rings of death. That's how the blinking red lights that surround the power button on Microsoft's Xbox 360 have come to be called, and it's the most feared sight a console owner could see. Basically, it means your console is done working for the foreseeable future...

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/710/710364p1.html

IGN has recently posted an article detailing their personal experiences and statistics on XBox 360 deaths. Microsoft is reporting a 3%-5% return rate on DEAD console systems. An interesting read.

May 26, 2006 - The red rings of death. That's how the blinking red lights that surround the power button on Microsoft's Xbox 360 have come to be called, and it's the most feared sight a console owner could see. Basically, it means your console is done working for the foreseeable future...

This is the next gen answer to the BSOD.... :wall:

Thats cool that they sent him a new one. For a while there they were sending out refurbished replacement boxes that didnt have a lengthy survival rate.

I concur with Lysander, my friends 360 broke (CD Tray refused to open, and sometimes wouldn't turn on) he got a new 360 in about 2 weeks, and a spiffy free 6 months of Live.

• 2 months later...

Well tonight of 8-18-06 my 3rd x360 died when playing chromehounds. Im lucky enough to have 2 x360's so i still have a spear to use until it gets fixxed. The man said he well also renew my warrenty on the new x360 when it gets sent out think its a 3 mounth one. I love the x360, but beware the breaking of the console is a no joke and im now working on my 4rth x360 in less than a year and there is still time for my 2nd x360 to still break down before years end!