Ghost Recon.net Forums

nvidia geforce 7300 le 512mb gfx card

512? That card usually comes as a 256. Good enought o play yes but as good as a 6800GS or such probably not. Check the core speed, and what kind of memory it has on it (DDR, DDR2, DDR3) as they play a big part in its speed.

512? That card usually comes as a 256. Good enought o play yes but as good as a 6800GS or such probably not. Check the core speed, and what kind of memory it has on it (DDR, DDR2, DDR3) as they play a big part in its speed.

I have a 7900gtx, and w/ 16xAF, 2gb of RAM, modified XML file (to load more stuff on the RAM), a 3800x2 (with one core waiting for this game to actually use it :whistle: ) I get on average 40fps at 1680x1050.

good enough to play ???

No. You're not going to play GR:AW with a $50 card.

And that card does not have 512MB. Read the fine print. It probably says something like "Supporting" 512MB, but somewhere it should note that the card only has 128MB onboard memory. A few have 256MB.

That 512MB of memory listed in the product description has to do with the amount of system memory it can make use of, which is not something you want the card to do. Stay away from this card.

And, seriously, if you have PCI-Express, I wouldn't buy less than a 7600GT. I'm playing with less than that currently, but I bought it a year-and-a-half ago. If I were buying today, I wouldn't go under a 7600GT. It's a waste of money for a gaming card, setting yourself up to need a new card almost immediately. IMO, if you can't afford $175 for a 7600GT, you can't afford to buy a new gaming card. If that's the case, start saving. You'll be better off in the long run.

And that card does not have 512MB. Read the fine print. It probably says something like "Supporting" 512MB, but somewhere it should note that the card only has 128MB onboard memory. A few have 256MB

Depends if it's turbocache or not... I never saw this model as turbo cache,.. but I also haven't seen it as 512.

The 256mb one's we get a work for business customers aren't turbocache.

And that card does not have 512MB. Read the fine print. It probably says something like "Supporting" 512MB, but somewhere it should note that the card only has 128MB onboard memory. A few have 256MB

Depends if it's turbocache or not... I never saw this model as turbo cache,.. but I also haven't seen it as 512.

The 256mb one's we get a work for business customers aren't turbocache.

I haven't seen the actual word "turbocache" in their descriptions either, but they do say

Supporting 256MB (128MB On board)

For full 256MB supports, 512MB of system memory is required

If that's not turbocache, I'm not sure what it is - unles it's market-speak that actually means nothing.