Gamespy review is up

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Topic has been cleaned.

Any further attempts to hijack this thread from the subject of GRAW's sound design, the original poster's linked review, or any other posting not specifically relevant to the thread will be met with amusement, and the repeated mashing of the big button that nukes accounts from orbit.

Play nice, or go away. The trolling of topics specifically to rehash subjects well covered elsewhere is really not appreciated. As such, it will stop, either by those repeatedly guilty of it, or by the staff of this site. I sincerely hope it's the former.

50cals sound a little reptitive but other then that i think i liked the rest....

except in domination mode the freaking bases be taken over is a bit annoying.

Ret Knock in OE was freaking great. Hit some one just right with a Rocket and blam they kill themselfs.

Edited by Prozac360

50cals sound a little reptitive but other then that i think i liked the rest....

Ret Knock in OE was freaking great. Hit some one just right with a Rocket and blam they kill themselfs.

what, the rocket isnt enough???

I remember having someone aiming their G/L at me. They took a hit, ret pointed at the ground then they pulled the trigger. Boom baby! Or if someone was gonna fire an M136 at you you had to activate it which took a couple of seconds, then you had to stop moving and if you even got a pistol hit on them sometimes the rocket would leave the map at a 45 degree up angle. It was a brilliant idea that I've never seen in a game before.

Kudos to Soroc for coming up with it.

...and it's getting better. I'm working on better audio feedback for when you're hit by bullets - it will come with the June patch. Flesh, protective padding, helmet and head (so you and the victim both can hear that he was pwned) will all have different sounds.

Yeey :g_withgrin:

Yes, spin in OE was exc touch, but...back to the Topic (btw Rugg, any news on #2?)

I think that review was pretty fair - the games not quite there yet, but it could get to being excellent and stand the test of time.

The Savepoint was pretty stoopid comment - I think that if you cant put everything together just right in a mission, then you should have to go back to the start and try again.

Sounds...nuff said.

Maching Gun nest hidden in building...very cruel.

The sound in SP is realy nice!! But in MP everyone uses suppressors -> MP is (imo) too quiet!

In realitiy there is still a very loud snapping sound caused by the super sonic bullet. But i think this will be very hard to implement in a game .. i am for no supressors in MP :P

Yeah your ret will be thrown off a few degrees in a random direction too. We're tweaking these things during the days.

Have you thought about implementing random falling, too? Or do you think its too much for a game? personaly i would realy like to see this, just like your AI teammates fall when they get hit.

...and it's getting better. I'm working on better audio feedback for when you're hit by bullets - it will come with the June patch. Flesh, protective padding, helmet and head (so you and the victim both can hear that he was pwned) will all have different sounds.

Souds good, right now its hard to notice that you are beeing hit with a bullet untill you are dead. I hope You Guys will change damage system in june patch, right now its easier to kill an enemy in CoD2 than in GRAW. yesterday i was playing GRAW Domination for like 5 h ( :P ) and i had experienced many frustrating moments , once i sneak up behind a guy, he was crouched aiming somewhere , loking for target, i stoped ~6 meters behind him and switched my rifle for single shot. I aimed exactly at back of his head and boom , blood splash and nothing more, the Guy was bit confuset and began to look for me, i shot his back and again nothing happened, he turned around at me so i swith to full auto and killed him with a burst.... that was like ... :huh::wacko: There were a lot of situations like this, very frustrating ! Please add some good effect of being wounded and make weapons more lethal.

That would just be frustrating. The loss in health and dispersion of the aim is enough penalties.

Will health loss actually give you a penalty after june patch?

Currently health only tells me i may take more then one hit, but does not effect ret or how i play. Same with heart beat in domination.

That would just be frustrating. The loss in health and dispersion of the aim is enough penalties.

Will health loss actually give you a penalty after june patch?

Currently health only tells me i may take more then one hit, but does not effect ret or how i play. Same with heart beat in domination.

Same here i dont even check my health and stamina status cause it doest affects me in any way.

Thanks for answering!

Could you tell if there will be any animation (on enemy model) that shows you that you've hit the enemy? (like in GR 1 for example)

(beside the cool new sound effects :thumbsup: )

I feel the same way about that. You know you can turn that off right? Options/Game/Voice Overs (or is it voice clips? Something like that). Just remove the checkmark and it silences all that "Alpha Zone... blah blah blah". Map still flashes to let you know a zone is being taken over.

I feel the same way about that. You know you can turn that off right? Options/Game/Voice Overs (or is it voice clips? Something like that). Just remove the checkmark and it silences all that "Alpha Zone... blah blah blah". Map still flashes to let you know a zone is being taken over.

Did that 3rd day after i owned it ;)

Someone should pin that up for MP domination removing the announcer comments.

Thanks for your replies so far Desmond22. Highly appreciated :thumbsup:

So, no random fall, right... :(

I'm still very pleased that you implemented an immediate effect/punishment with the aim being knocked off, and I guess we can't have everything we ask for, but I'm not so sure I agree with your statment above. Just as long the fall doesn't occur too often when hit, so it risks become too frequent or repetetive, I think it would be a great addition (and so do all of the players I've spoken to!). Let's say probability 5% or so in general when crouched, standing or walking but perhaps ~25% when hit in leg or on the run).

And, if hit when on the run there'd still be no punishment (even after the expected patch) because you don't worry about your aim anyway when running....so the possibility of a fall would be the 'only' punishment in that case (except the health bar drop).

I do think a fall feature would give an even more satisfying feeling to the shooter in MP, really confirming the hit like in SP (and for the player being hit remember a fall behind a cover could possible save your ass too!)

I wish you could reconsider the fall feature and possible implement it in a future patch (when things have calmed down a little bit). It would add to a more diverse response to being hit, which enhances gameplay and immersive feel.

:g_withgrin: Cheers

Peace though... remember they are animations. to make them look natural in every aspect would be hundreds of situational animations. GRAW isn't really ragdoll like havok does in some games.

Fall would be nice but something maybe to add later. Right now i'm just happy with being hit and sound woo hoo!

Peace though... remember they are animations. to make them look natural in every aspect would be hundreds of situational animations. GRAW isn't really ragdoll like havok does in some games.

Fall would be nice but something maybe to add later. Right now i'm just happy with being hit and sound woo hoo!

Well Roco, I just assumed all the animations already were there (AI in the SP campaign) and for the player being shoot, you could basically use the views that already exist...I do not see the need for new animations...Am I wrong?

And, if hit when on the run there'd still be no punishment (even after the expected patch) because you don't worry about your aim anyway when running....so the possibility of a fall would be the 'only' punishment in that case (except the health bar drop).

Which direction would you be running in if you get hit while running?

Awesome! Looking forward to this! :g_withgrin:

Which direction would you be running in if you get hit while running?

Ok, I see that the "twist" is more than a few degrees then? I just interpreted Desmonds22's post "a few degrees" literary, and figured that that wouldn't affect much of the general direction of the run...while a few degrees when zoomed in on a target will affect the aim a lot...

Yeah your ret will be thrown off a few degrees in a random direction too. We're tweaking these things during the days.

As long there is some sort of punishment that is noticeable for the one being hit I think it will be a great addition to the game. Still would be cool with an occational fall though...

Keep up the good work. GRAW is growing on me! :g_withgrin:

I have to agree that the sound is well done.

Desmond22, Is there a possibility, that for the modders and other out there, you could start a thread on your thought for sound design?

Kind of like a learning and discussion thread.

Flesh, protective padding, helmet and head (so you and the victim both can hear that he was pwned) will all have different sounds.

Is it technically possible to assign also different hit values to those elements? (ie: head=1 damage point) coz it seems that damage system is not related to objects nor to materials but to a global unit value (I might be wrong..I didn't go deep on the subject yet)