"June Patch" discussion thread

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have the details for the June patch been released yet?

Thanks...

Nevermind I found some of them in another thread. Is that the full detailed list? Or is there a bigger list with more detail on fixes, ie. bugs and whatnot. I dont want to be a stickler on this.

This is what I found so far:

Starting in June, UBISOFT and developer GRIN will release brand new multiplayer modes, including:

-Deathmatch mode

-Map Editor for Deathmatch and Domination

-Anti-Cheat Fixes

-Anti-Aliasing Feature

-New Co-Op Maps

Throughout the summer:

-Team Deathmatch

-Hamburger Hill Mode

-Original GR Co-Op Mode

-Map Editor for TDM, HH, [GR] Co-Op

-GRAW Co-Op Improvement (Quick Start and Respawn)

-Dedicated Server pack

Anything else to add?

Thanks....

Did I miss something ? There never was anything official the patch would come tomorrow. June has 30 days, if Ubi brings the patch on june 30th they still would keep their promise. So far in the german Ubi-forums there was always an announcement +1 day before the patch is actually released. Now Ubi is busy with this north-con-lan, the patch will most likely be released afterwards. I'll prepare for at least 2 more weeks of waiting and enjoy the soccer world cup on tv. :rofl:

well to be fair only LD seems to have been abandoned by Ubi, pretty much every game out there that they have made has had a lot of post release support, even if it doesn't satify the community (RvS comes to mind, 6+ patches) [GR] had a lot of support, the SC series has, the flight sims have had a long history of support and free addons, etc.

You don't even play multiplayer (TVT...the real man's multiplayer) RVS was a huge success amongst the MP crowd...Don't be afraid, come on now, you should try your 'skillz' against real people who won't commit the same move over and over and over...and then you will get owned and you change your name to DimNight :huh::o=

Edited by semperfi_bohica

No need to e-thug. It's just a game.

Plus, all this speculation about when the patch will come and what it will contain is only setting yourselves up for disappointment.

I'm happy the issues are on the table for GRIN. I'll be happier if they materialize in patches. If not, I still have plenty of other games to play. *shrug*

I read somewhere that because of the lighting/shading methods used in this game, AA isn't possible. I would think that people would be talking about this more. Did I read wrong?

This was taken from Tweakguides.com GRAW guide: Antialiasing: Note, due to the type of Deferred Lighting method used by the developers, regardless of your Post Effects setting, Antialiasing is not possible in the game - even if you disable Post Effects, or try to force Antialiasing in your graphics card control panel. This is an unfortunate and contentious aspect of the game, since the gameplay relies a great deal on identifying small movements in your surroundings; something which the lack of antialiasing makes much harder due to jagged edges constantly moving and shimmering. However it is not resolveable as far as I know, so it's unlikely to ever be "fixed" by patching. Turn off any forced Antialiasing in your graphics card control panel, as it will not work regardless of which graphics card you use, and can only cause slowdowns and problems with GRAW.

Could someone that is experienced in this area explain why AA is or is not possible?

MSAA , multisampling antialiasing, not possible

SSAA , supersampling antialiasing- like AOE 3 with Nvidia series , possible , very bad perfomance - about 75 % decrease with AA4X .

Antialeasing with pixel shaders .... is possible?. difficult code work, acceptable perfomance ?, like Tomb Raider Leyend

http://download.nvidia.com/developer/prese...red_Shading.pdf

Anti-Aliasing with Deferred Shading

*Deferred shading is incompatible with MSAA

*API doesn’t allow antialiased MRTs

But this is a small problem…

*AA resolve has to happen after accumulation!

Resolve = process of combining multiple samples

*G-Buffer cannot be resolved

What happens to an FP16 position when resolved?

Other AA options?

*Supersampling lighting is a costly option

Lighting is typically the bottleneck, pixel shader bound

4x supersampled lighting would be a big perf.

*“Intelligent Blur†: Only filter object edges

Based on depths and normals of neighboring pixels

Set “barrier†high, to avoid interior blurring

Full-screen shader, but cheaper than SSAA

Edited by jonelo

No need to e-thug. It's just a game.

Plus, all this speculation about when the patch will come and what it will contain is only setting yourselves up for disappointment.

I'm happy the issues are on the table for GRIN. I'll be happier if they materialize in patches. If not, I still have plenty of other games to play. *shrug*

He is right. We should be happy with the disappointment we already have with the MP side of the house. :rolleyes:

or you should have been smart enough to not buy the game when it was very clear that the MP was not up to your standard.

I am cleary dealing with a steal trap. Perhaps, you should have been smart enough to realize that there was no true MP in the demo, [Coop does not count as true MP, as TVT is where the action is, and in this case, the disapointment as well] how else could one test drive absent a purchase / loan?

See you online :rofl::o= ? Come on, bring your Glock and get ready to be pawned over, and over and over... :whistle:

Edited by semperfi_bohica

or you should have been smart enough to not buy the game when it was very clear that the MP was not up to your standard.

I am cleary dealing with a steal trap. Perhaps, you should have been smart enough to realize that there was no true MP in the demo, [Coop does not count as true MP, as TVT is where the action is, and in this case, the disapointment as well] how else could one test drive absent a purchase / loan?

See you online :rofl::o= ? Come on, bring your Glock and get ready to be pawned over, and over and over... :whistle:

Wait, you bought the game even though the demo didn't cover what you think is most important, and despite the fact that there was ample information out there that TvT was not part of the game on release?

And I'm the steal trap?

If that is the case I know a guy in Nigeria that needs to move a lot of money, I'll send him your name.

I want to really play this game but i won't buy it until we get the dedi files.

Now this is a smart person. He looked at the game and compared it to what he wants and decided that it's not worth the purchase at the time. One should learn from this example.

Edited by DayGlow

Just a word on the June Patch and add on.

A lot of you are expecting god knows what that will be fixed and added in this June Download.

The Team can only do so much in the time that is available, with requests for other things that are more urgent in the process, have to take priority.

Every thing that you want will not be in the June Patch as Ubisoft has already stated.

Some things yes but others no.

I suspect the origninal list as it were has changed a few times already, so what we get we get and more in July and August.

The main area for the devs I would say is to make the existing game stable on as many PC variations as possible, and improve what already has been done, then and only then things will be added.

This has and always puts things back, you must remember this when getting all excited for the Download.

Exactly! :grin1:

What the real problem is IS what we wanted in the first place, a patch is just an aftermath complaint. Damn I wana like this but stuff like this isnt exactly true.

QUOTE(BoGRIN)

don't beleive the hate.

Yeah right Bo

I remember the complaints about GR2 getting canceled. Hell that was a long time ago. Im not a game creator but its been several years for UBI and someguys like GRIN to get it right. My objectiveness is just about blinded about that reality.

I want to really play this game but i won't buy it until we get the dedi files.

Now this is a smart person. He looked at the game and compared it to what he wants and decided that it's not worth the purchase at the time. One should learn from this example.

Edited by buellsrusx1

well, it was based on Flanker and Flanker 2, so yes, there was a lot of previous development they built on. Same result, ambitious plan, Ubi pushing it out the door. At that time I had to make the same decision: with what I am presented with in the demo worth enough for a purchase? Or do I need more information. With Lock On I was privilaged to have access to the beta so I had a very good idea of what the retail was like. But if I did not have that access I would have had to make my decision based on the demo. If the demo is lacking features I deem essential to the game, I will not buy it until I have confirmed that the features are in fact there and work well through reviews and interaction on the forums. Lock On was also very unique in that the development was started before SSI was bought by first Hasbro, then Ubisoft. The fact that it saw the light of day at all was amazing as Ubi had/has no interest in a modern sim as the market is too small. Personally I am amazed it wasn't cancelled the first day they got control of the company.

I personally have no problem with people not liking GRAW because of missing MP features, it just gets very annoying when people, who have been very active on the forums prior to release and damn well know exactly what to expect, buy the game and then complain repeatedly they got a half-finished game. There is no one to blame but themselves in that situation.

Edited by DayGlow

Just a reminder about add on`s and patches.

Starting in June, Ubisoft and developer GRIN will release brand new multiplayer modes, including:

Deathmatch mode, Map Editor for Deathmatch and Domination, anti-cheat fixes, Anti Aliasing feature, and New co-op maps

Throughout the summer:

Team Deathmatch, Hamburger Hill modes, Original GR co-op mode, Map editor for TDM, HH, [GR] co-op, GRAW co-op improvement (quick start and respawn) and Dedicated Server pack

This will cover the period between June and August.

What is does not cover is the dozens of fixes and small add on features that will come.

Basically Ubisoft is against the clock in making this game more acceptable to more gamers and existing ones.

A game that is already selling well could be selling a lot better if Ubisoft invest the time and effort, that is required IE put more resources into the add on`s and patching.

I would like to give Ubisoft some advice.

Dont ever release a game again that is not finished that takes three months to finish after it has been released.

This most definatly leads to diminished sales and poor feedback from any community, and is a major headache to the Developer.

I am glad however that Ubisoft has seen fit to give the Developer time and resouces to complet the game.

I sometimes wish we could do without Publishers.

Just read thru this whole thread again and realized there's nothing more to add until we see the next patch, other than the fact that I'm amazed that the GRIN guys are still reading/posting here...good rule of thumb...don't complain about the present until after you open it!

NO PATCH

Download link to: THE NO PATCH 1.20

the old ones are the best.... Arrrr 16th came and went ... ;) so will the 17th 18th... ???

I mean who actually said there would be a public release of the ONE AND ONLY PATCH TO SAVE THE WORLD on the 16th.

This "June patch" is becoming a legend, a gift from the gods, a prophecy that has yet to be fulfilled... it's almost scary.

One Patch to rule them all

One Patch to find them

One Patch to bring them all

and in the darkness bind them

i think UBI wanted to do the Xbox trick with the PC

publish a game and reap the money then release online add ons

but here they have sown just dissapointment unlike the Xbox folk who and where they did better, are more into that kind of marketing

guess we PC folk are too old fashioned, or just straight forward, we pay for a game and expect a game, not a continues online add on cycle

but look at this from a dev point of view, they now have direct input from the customers, and are or may be less dependent to the publisher because they now have a voice that calls clear and loud what is needed to make a game a succes

or am i just brabbling nonscence ?

we have got what we got, so make the best of it, i for one cant wait till the june patch is here.

as a coop person i found that dom does has it nice points, and i cant wait till i can get my hands on the editor

some argue not to buy the game, i think there is a point to that, but when you buy the game and show support, because it is there, we might get more support back, because we invested in it now knowing that our support can make a difference, add ons depend on sales, time can be bought if we show faith and patience

forgive me if i am wrong, i just want to see the best of things

bring on the patches cause i for one bought the game and want a finished product, if it takes another week so be it,

okay last note

if ubi would have told us that the game was not completed yet as advertised before the game went to the stores, we would have asked for it anyways (remember gr2 ??)

if they told us we would get half a game and a clear timetable there would be less hard feelings, i for one like this method looking at the positives,

but i do agree that essential elements should have been in the retail version, like AC and dedi tools,

go grin, make us go in AWE again (for those that did have that feeling in the first place and those that are open enough to go in awe)

This "June patch" is becoming a legend, a gift from the gods, a prophecy that has yet to be fulfilled... it's almost scary.

One Patch to find them

YIKES!!!!!

the old ones are the best.... Arrrr 16th came and went ... ;) so will the 17th 18th... ???

I mean who actually said there would be a public release of the ONE AND ONLY PATCH TO SAVE THE WORLD on the 16th.

Today is still the 16th you know...

Give it some more time.

12 more hours (just to be on the safe side), then start crying.

think we wait till after the weekend, because the review of the lan party has to be evaluated ??

try next week for realisme, why would they give a lan party half a patch when the world has the whole patch ??

next week is my guess (i hoped today but think about it)

NO PATCH

Download link to: THE NO PATCH 1.20

One Patch to find them

Today is still the 16th you know...

Give it some more time.

12 more hours (just to be on the safe side), then start crying.

Yes I did know but ........ you know I could bet my copy [original] of GRAW it will not be here today !!...

that was my real point inc. fun movie to boot.... little mice tell me it's still being tested.