"June Patch" discussion thread

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the devs pointed out a million times by now ...

They are only human, so wait for it to be completed at a human pace.

If the devs release the patch to soon, they ll have to patch the patch and we wouldnt want that now would we :shifty:

On a side note though I v seen a version 1.16 server running today in the browser.

It was playing Deathmatch mode and the server name was SWE vs RO if i am not mistaken.

It had 6 ppl in it.

The only reason, perhaps, for repeating the bit about the map editor is that it's a positive way of saying that the other modes released secondarily will not be able to be edited (like, HH). Why on Earth not, well as for that u got me.

Starting in June, Ubisoft and developer GRIN will release brand new multiplayer modes, including:

* Deathmatch mode, Map Editor for Deathmatch and Domination, anti-cheat fixes, Anti Aliasing feature, and New co-op maps

Throughout the summer:

* Team Deathmatch, Hamburger Hill modes, Original GR co-op mode, Map editor for TDM, HH, [GR] co-op, GRAW co-op improvement (quick start and respawn) and Dedicated Server pack

Obviously, you can't edit tdm maps if the mode isn't available.

Not necessarily true. :shifty:

Edited by TedSmith

Also what must be taken into consideration is that GRIN did not develop any more Ghost recon games until now for the PC so all everyone one had was GR and that was great. Now what I am trying to say is that if GRIN releases another GHost Recon then this game's life will be shortlived unless the other games sucks. This game itself is right now in danger of being shortlived.

Also what must be taken into consideration is that GRIN did not develop any more Ghost recon games until now for the PC so all everyone one had was GR and that was great. Now what I am trying to say is that if GRIN releases another GHost Recon then this game's life will be shortlived unless the other games sucks. This game itself is right now in danger of being shortlived.

what exactly are you trying to say?

*edited- double post taken out :D *

Ok, I'm putting my foot down. People need to stop with these childish responses (not just in this thread, but all throughout the GR:AW forum). People sometimes double post, people sometimes make mistakes in their posts, and some people just come onto the forum to be disruptive. My suggestion is if it obvious that a person made a mistake, ignore it and don't act like childish and point it out(like the post above).

If a person is just here to be disruptive? PM a moderator and leave the personal attacks and insults at home. After right now, any further disruptive postings and childish stuff will be removed.

Any questions PM me.

To the GRINners, any idea how big the patch will be for downloading yet? If the first post

Announced by my fellow CM Ubi_Marc, the "June Patch" (although I still prefer to call it ADD ON) will make it's first appearance at the North Con
is anything to go by its a bit more than a few meg.

I noted that there will be NEW DOMINATION MAPS, if so the d/l will be bigger than a few...

unless the maps are already embedded in the games 2.5Gb pack

But no fear it's TUESDAY and FRIDAY is only 3 DAYS away...

And don't FORGET DEZ_22 new bird sounds !!!!

I love the sound field !!!

yeah man its just around da cornerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

people, people! we are ofcourse very happy that you anticipate the patch this much and we are very eager to realease it! BUT , please, dont expect TOO much of it cus as in the past you have had expectations and wishes that are not ALL fullfilled and you get angry and disapapointed when we "let you down". Keep your expectations on a plausible level please! :grin1::) we can only work at human speed!

thanks for the support and input so far guys! :grin1::)

ANGRY!!! furious is the corect word :rofl: , anyway we understand it bro... just keep up the good work :grin1: were only hope that the anticipated add-on have major bug fixes but also have some bonuses for SP & MP like more weapons, grenades and so on and so on hehehe :g_withgrin: that will keep us occupied for sometime untill the next patch hehehe :whistle:

isnt it just speculation that this addon is coming out this friday?

Yes, this is PURE speculation that the release date is supposed to be Friday. On Friday the people attending the lan in germany(North con) will get a preview of the patch. Like Colin said, NOT fullversion of the patch as it's NOT done yet.

Theres been no official statements on Friday, besides they have no record of releasing patches on Friday's..Untill Ubisoft announces it officialy let's play down the Friday talks.

The only reason, perhaps, for repeating the bit about the map editor is that it's a positive way of saying that the other modes released secondarily will not be able to be edited (like, HH). Why on Earth not, well as for that u got me.

Starting in June, Ubisoft and developer GRIN will release brand new multiplayer modes, including:

* Deathmatch mode, Map Editor for Deathmatch and Domination, anti-cheat fixes, Anti Aliasing feature, and New co-op maps

Throughout the summer:

* Team Deathmatch, Hamburger Hill modes, Original GR co-op mode, Map editor for TDM, HH, [GR] co-op, GRAW co-op improvement (quick start and respawn) and Dedicated Server pack

Obviously, you can't edit tdm maps if the mode isn't available.

Not necessarily true. :shifty:

You tell them ted!!!!! You guys really need to go and look at the mod section. It will be a while before we get what we want so people like Ted are giving us a taste of it a bit early. AKA TDM and siege mod :).

Edited by =TOL=Wardog1368

Seeing as the patch is due out any day soon now, Was there any definate answer from GRiN on the effect of the player being shot being included in this ? if so have they said anything about what they will do to improve this ?

:g_guns:

[Merged into existing thread]

Edited by Pave Low

Hi fellas,

Wondered how you GRiN guys were getting on with the patch?

Not too many hiccups and headaches I hope.

Was the previous ETA being realistic?

I don't think too many people on here would complain if you pushed it back

a week to make it extra hot and spicey.

- D -

[Merged into existing thread]

Edited by Pave Low

I'd rather wait an extra week to polish it off, saves another 101 threads about "OMFG ITS BROKEN, OMG THIS IS MISSING...."

Tekhouse, LOL i agree with ya. For the moment i am not even playing this until the patch comes out, too many ppl modding weapons to the point that it looks like hackers, and yes there are hackers too... with wall hacks and so forth... luckily i found something to keep me busy... GTA San Andreas ( PC )... It seems that modders have made an online TDM, DM, Cops and robbers, and all kinds of other mods for this game, and right now i love it. This will definently tie me over til the patch comes out

Here's a link to a video of the cops mod ive been playing... njoy

:o=

Edited by Wrath

Does everyone understand that the "June Patch" is not the end of the "patches"? If something is missing, we do have the rest of the summer. GRIN is suppose to be working on and releasing patches/features through out the summer (as announced by UBI). There is no reason for GRIN to push anything back when they are going to be releasing a series of patches. If something is "missed", it can be set for release with the next patch.

Don't get me wrong though, I don't want to find out that we're missing promised features. Having to wait for the next patch all the time would be very frustrating. I'm just trying to point out that we have the big June Patch and a series of others following.

silent_op

Announced by my fellow CM Ubi_Marc, the "June Patch" (although I still prefer to call it ADD ON) will make it's first appearence at the North Con which is a german LAN tourney sponsored by Ubisoft and taking place from June 16 to June 18! . Ubi is going to exclusively release preview versions of the "Patch" to all the visitors of the North Con before this thing of beauty is going public! :)

Announcement regarding the North Con by Ubi_Marc

A little correction:

The "Patch" won't be out this friday but friday the 16th of June!

Well I guess that means it won't take long from then, 'til the Patch is going public! :)

OK a little clarification here: the original post by Ubi Marc:

Für das seit Anfang Mai erhältliche Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter wird in naher Zukunft ein Patch erscheinen, der u.a. einen neuen Deathmatch-Modus enthalten wird. Exklusiv auf der NorthCon werden interessierte Spieler, noch vor Veröffentlichung des Patches, den neuen Modus spielen können. Eine Vorabversion des Patches wird am Freitag Abend exklusiv für NorthCon-Teilnehmer veröffentlicht.

Diejenigen, die das Spiel noch nicht besitzen, können es an einem Stand im Foyer anspielen und dabei tolle Preise gewinnen. Natürlich wird es auch ein offizielles LAN-Turnier geben, welches ihr dann von eurem PC aus bestreiten könnt. In welchem Modus das Spiel gespielt wird, könnt ihr ab sofort per Umfrage auf der offiziellen NorthCon Website entscheiden.

Als Goldsponsor der NorthCon wird Ubisoft attraktive Preise für das Turnier zur Verfügung stellen. Ein weiterer Grund also, der NorthCon und Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter entgegen zu fiebern.

Zur offiziellen Website der NorthCon: JETZT ANMELDEN

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ubi_Marc, 30 May 2006 15:08

TRANSLATION

For the Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter available since at the beginning of May will appear in the near future a Patch, which will contain a new Deathmatch mode among other things. At NorthCon it will be exclusive available to interested players, still before publication of the Patches, which can play new mode. A initial version of the Patches is published on Friday evening exclusively for NorthCon participants. Those, which do not possess the play yet, can allude it at a being located in the entrance hall and win mad prices. _ natural will it also a official LAN tournament give, which it then from your PC aus deny can. In which mode the play is played, can you immediately by inquiry on the official NorthCon Website decide. As a gold sponsor of the NorthCon Ubisoft will make attractive prices available for the tournament. To have a temperature a further reason thus, the NorthCon and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter against. To the official Website of the NorthCon: NOW ANNOUNCING This message has been edited. Load edited by: Ubi_Marc, 30 May 2006 15:08

The main point is that you many find there is

NO PATCH TOMORROW

I'm just reading the actual post by Ubi marc... which this thread started WITH.

I'm not reading that a patch would be released to the public and also......

THE PATCH AT NORTHCON as I've read it will only be a BETA PATCH [patch to the point]

we will see tomorrow.....

Does everyone understand that the "June Patch" is not the end of the "patches"? If something is missing, we do have the rest of the summer. GRIN is suppose to be working on and releasing patches/features through out the summer (as announced by UBI). There is no reason for GRIN to push anything back when they are going to be releasing a series of patches. If something is "missed", it can be set for release with the next patch.

Don't get me wrong though, I don't want to find out that we're missing promised features. Having to wait for the next patch all the time would be very frustrating. I'm just trying to point out that we have the big June Patch and a series of others following.

silent_op

Don't be surprised if indeed the June is the last patch!!!...this is UBI after all!

GRIN turn my MP frown upside down!

well to be fair only LD seems to have been abandoned by Ubi, pretty much every game out there that they have made has had a lot of post release support, even if it doesn't satify the community (RvS comes to mind, 6+ patches) [GR] had a lot of support, the SC series has, the flight sims have had a long history of support and free addons, etc.

I read somewhere that because of the lighting/shading methods used in this game, AA isn't possible. I would think that people would be talking about this more. Did I read wrong?

This was taken from Tweakguides.com GRAW guide: Antialiasing: Note, due to the type of Deferred Lighting method used by the developers, regardless of your Post Effects setting, Antialiasing is not possible in the game - even if you disable Post Effects, or try to force Antialiasing in your graphics card control panel. This is an unfortunate and contentious aspect of the game, since the gameplay relies a great deal on identifying small movements in your surroundings; something which the lack of antialiasing makes much harder due to jagged edges constantly moving and shimmering. However it is not resolveable as far as I know, so it's unlikely to ever be "fixed" by patching. Turn off any forced Antialiasing in your graphics card control panel, as it will not work regardless of which graphics card you use, and can only cause slowdowns and problems with GRAW.

Could someone that is experienced in this area explain why AA is or is not possible?