Speed Hackers

I'm kind of the opinion this guy has the money to run what he was told was best when he bought the machine period.

I know who you are Roco and I got to say the post took me by suprise being you. I'd like to keep relations open with you but then this kinda stuff you should run by me before posting I just don't appreciate anything negative about the server ever. Work to hard on it for that.

Breeze

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paybacks post again while I thought it was in bad taste prompted the overall postings and rules and regs being discussed on our team speak. so in the end it was prolly positive but In my opinion these things should have comne to me so I could react to it before having anything said about it.

THats interesting Breeze, but first of all I never started this post, and secondly I never named anyone by online or teamname. I also posted in your forum (where a person can at least), as well as tried to discuss the speed problem on TS, but your mind was completely closed on the subject (you went defensive right away). So the way I see it, theres no use discussing anything with you until you open up and actually listen to people. Instead of defending one of your new teamates whom you don't know in the first place. :blink:

Ohh one last thing. I downloaded and tried the ScarL mod. I went into a friends server, equipped the modded scope, people told me they could see it. Then I un-equipped the scope and it was no longer visible to anyone. So your teammate is throwing you some BS there. If its on your weapon it can be seen. If its off the weapon then it isnt visible. (even if the mod is still in local folder)

Edited by }PW{ Payback

I know who you are Roco and I got to say the post took me by suprise being you. I'd like to keep relations open with you but then this kinda stuff you should run by me before posting I just don't appreciate anything negative about the server ever. Work to hard on it for that

My post wasn't about your server though... that is where i think you are confused nor about your clan, just about that guy, which had no tags on. or is he part of your clan now? when i posted this he was not, just some guy I saw on a server (which btw was not yours)

LOL This Topic Is waaaaaayyy More than what it should be.....

Why not just leave it be

Agreed, but if you read between the lines it does bring up some interesting points on cheating.

Let me summarize

#1 How you are viewed by others if you are taking advantage of a hardware flaw and / or cheating rather you swear you are or not.

#2 How GRAW handles weapon mod cheats... apparently you can tell by the scope on the gun of the cheater that it does not belong (very interesting)

#3 other's opinions besides your own on both of the above topics, from a buddy and a clan leader perspective vs what people actually see and perceive it as.

I would like to also see some of the older GR1 anti cheat clans post on what they would think when seeing the above. I was involved with some toward the end and watched + busted many cheaters via replays.

I'd like to say something, dont really care, but i'd still like to say something. You guys are making too much out of this...how do I know? I know cause i'm the Booger your talking about.

Heres what happened...the machine I was playing the game on was running dual processors with a 64bit version of the new Windows Vista operating system which is still in beta status. Thats dual processors, not dual core processors, it was two seperate processors on the same motherboard, so you guys who have misunderstood that it was dual core are thinking about this improperly, it was two seperate processors. Anyway, the Vista being a beta of course has bugs, and when both processors were in the machine, the incompatability between GRAW - the beta operating system - and the presence of both processors cause a weird problem with the game that caused me to run faster, I also had some other minor issues such as diamonds for the team mates not showing up some times, the weapon firing after I release the fire button, minor things like that. The faster running thing didn't happen all the time just at certain times and under unpredictable circumstances. I wasn't taking 'advantage' of this flaw and even crippled the machine to stop it from happening. I don't know exactly what caused it, but when I pull one of the processors out of the computer the game settles down and all the problems, including the speed issue, go away. I've been running that same machine now without the other processor (but still with the 64 bit beta of Vista), just to please you guys, not you specifically, but everyone who would immediately jump up when they see something strange and yell 'Cheat!'.

Now, i'm just guessing, but I think I would be willing to bet that over 90% of what people think is cheating in a game is not really cheating at all, but i'm not trying to change your mind or anything so believe what you want, I don't really care. I know that i've not been able to play one game since that time when someone didn't come into the server and TK me on purpose and all because someone else said 'Cheat' on this forum when it really wasn't and I corrected the issue. Even had several members of another clan that came into the server and spent all the game TK'ing me all the while professing that they read I was cheating on these forums. What idiots! They even claimed I was cheating when I was standing still and not doing anything and let them TK me, they claimed I was doing all sorts of things when none of it happened. It always amazes me that one person can say the word 'Cheat' and instantly everyone is an expert on the person accused of cheating when they don't know what really went on to begin with.

You know what the real cheat is in this game? That you or someone else can simply say the word 'Cheat' and the gaming experience for a person can be ruined when no cheat existed to begin with... That is the real cheat, and its irresponsible and immature. And you folks that are self-proclaimed experts on cheaters, get a life will ya...theres much more to life then waging a vendetta against someone you don't even know just because you 'think' they are cheating. Big deal, its just a video game intended for mindless enjoyment and entertainment, just use it for what it was intended for, its not real life, and your cheating your self with the wasted time and all that pent up anger and frustration over what in the long run is nothing and doesn't matter.

Well guess what, i'm going to continue playing regardless if you like it or not. Say what you want, do what you want. I'm too old to care about what a bunch of children say or do.

Edited by SneakSnipe

That sucks snipe...

Glad you've got it all fixed and working any how; look forward to seeing you on the servers ; esp. if you need some one to watch your six...

BA

You know what the real cheat is in this game? That you or someone else can simply say the word 'Cheat' and the gaming experience for a person can be ruined when no cheat existed to begin with... That is the real cheat, and its irresponsible and immature.

Now, i'm just guessing, but I think I would be willing to bet that over 90% of what people think is cheating in a game is not really cheating at all, but i'm not trying to change your mind or anything so believe what you want, I don't really care. I know that i've not been able to play one game since that time when someone didn't come into the server and TK me on purpose and all because someone else said 'Cheat' on this forum when it really wasn't and I corrected the issue. Even had several members of another clan that came into the server and spent all the game TK'ing me all the while professing that they read I was cheating on these forums. What idiots! They even claimed I was cheating when I was standing still and not doing anything and let them TK me, they claimed I was doing all sorts of things when none of it happened. It always amazes me that one person can say the word 'Cheat' and instantly everyone is an expert on the person accused of cheating when they don't know what really went on to begin with

That was better then banned right? In GR1 you would have been banned from every server before you even got to explain as all the major servers shared replays and your "problem" would even hold true on them due to the replay proof. Rather you want to admit it or not, your speed did give you and advantage, and YOU did not even play the game correctly (taking zones) I watched you blow through 3 spawns to hit the enemy spawn. Now how is that not taking advantage of your situation? by the time I was through the 1st on a full run you were 2 more away.

A cheat by definition... To violate rules deliberately, as in a game: was accused of cheating at cards.

At 1st it's not a cheat... but ... if you continue to do it, then it is as you are deliberately. Entering servers over and over knowing you have this "problem" will get you banned for cheating as that would be what it is.

For future reference test it on your own computer not on other servers where people are trying to play the game fairly. If you were on a clan you would have had them EJECTED from any of the ladders out there immediately.

This has been a great post as it has brought you to the light of how you are perceived and forced you to remove/fix your problem. The end. (btw not a kid here 31 years old thank you)

Well, I wasn't going to post here any more...but..then you said this crap....

Just who do you think you are? What gives you the right to dictate something to some one? For your future reference, mind your own business, keep your mouth shut, and don't acuse people when you obviously don't know what your talking about. Its obvious from your posts you misunderstood what was going on all along. You continually rephrased things to suit your way of thinking. I don't remember anywhere on the game box where it said "ROCOAFZ is the ruler of GRAW and can decide what anyone does with it." No, I didn't take advantage of it, I was trying to fix it and I did and in order to fix it I had to play the game to find the problem, and I mostly restricted it to one server with a few others thrown in to verify certain issues to get them fixed.

"light of how you are perceived and forced you to remove/fix your problem. "

You don't know anything about me, so don't pretend like you do, and don't try to apply your "I am the game God and you are crap" 'holier then thou' attitude to me. Nothing forced me to remove anything and certainly not your self-delusional opinion, I did it voluntarily to fix the problem, your post and this thread had nothing to do with fixing the problem so don't flatter yourself. In fact the problem was fixed before you made your post. And yet here you are stating it like 'pressure to not cheat' and your post was the reason, or what you posted or when you and some others in your clan came into our server and decided that you were going to play 'cheat police' with nothing more then a perverted sense of vengence on your mind, and in stating it the way you did you are still attempting to imply i'm a cheater. We used to say "Who died and made you boss?", well who did anyway, no one did, your a poor little guy who doesn't have a life and thinks he can force his will on others. The way you said it was just another pathetic attempt to call someone a cheater when they aren't. People like you are always narrow minded, tunnel visioned, and always want their way. You obviously have some type of problem, so get some help. You can't even admit when your wrong so your not honest with yourself either.

If you don't like it, tough. I'm done with this piece of trash. Goodbye.

That was better then banned right? In GR1 you would have been banned from every server before you even got to explain as all the major servers shared replays and your "problem" would even hold true on them due to the replay proof. Rather you want to admit it or not, your speed did give you and advantage, and YOU did not even play the game correctly (taking zones) I watched you blow through 3 spawns to hit the enemy spawn. Now how is that not taking advantage of your situation? by the time I was through the 1st on a full run you were 2 more away.

A cheat by definition... To violate rules deliberately, as in a game: was accused of cheating at cards.

At 1st it's not a cheat... but ... if you continue to do it, then it is as you are deliberately. Entering servers over and over knowing you have this "problem" will get you banned for cheating as that would be what it is.

For future reference test it on your own computer not on other servers where people are trying to play the game fairly. If you were on a clan you would have had them EJECTED from any of the ladders out there immediately.

This has been a great post as it has brought you to the light of how you are perceived and forced you to remove/fix your problem. The end. (btw not a kid here 31 years old thank you)

Edited by SneakSnipe

Cmon guys leave the man alone.

So a 52 year old guy went fishing with hand grenades for a couple of days, big deal.

He's back using a worm now.

What harm was done?

So he had a little fun kicking our butts with 2 processors, whoopdee do.

Now he's back kicking our butts with one processor, whoopdee do!

Its a game, and we are all just getting use to it.

It wasnt a ladder match or anything important, just some casual games online.

I was one of the first guys to see him run and I confronted him.

I admit I was mad cause it brought back memories of the rampant cheating from GR1 years ago.

After talking to him and finding out what was causing it, I felt like a heel.

If you ever talked to this gentleman, you would instantly like him.

I feel worse about accusing him of cheating, than I do for not being able to hit him while he ran like the wind for a few days.

Now if someone was running fast during a league or ladder match, I would be mad as hell, even if was my Grandpa!

If you don't like it, tough. I'm done with this piece of trash. Goodbye.

I'll hold you to your word... your done posting, remember that. Also mano i have been in the GR seen since May 2001 on the demo release day. Before that DFLW. As a clan leader and owner of our server I have dealt with many cheaters and frankly i have no patience for sad stories. Fix it and move on. And when i posted my original post was the day after I saw you doing it, so no it was not fixed. (you blew by me and Peace at 100 mph so fast i had to wait till you stopped to kill you almost 2 blocks from where you started. You ran right by us.

Now if someone was running fast during a league or ladder match, I would be mad as hell, even if was my Grandpa!

I fully agree. He either is covering up something or... he never matched or had to deal with a cheater before and is now learning the hardway how server admins handle it. He's lucky dedicated tooks for kick and ban were not out or he wouldn't have a place to play.

He doesn't quite understand the implications or what he makes the server he is playing on look like when they buy his story and let him play at full speed.

I admit I was mad cause it brought back memories of the rampant cheating from GR1 years ago
We ended the GR1 days when GRAW came out so i am fresh from it. So is AOD and a few other clans that were left matching at TCZ.

We (AFZ and most of the TCZ clans) believe in an honor code. If there is something wrong with your pc that gives you an advantage, you stop playing and fix the issue. It's all about fair play.

The story is also a little fishy. No gramps i know owns a dual Processor (I said core before as someone else told me the sad story) nor has Vista beta 2, which btw just went public recently. Other then that he got it off bit torrent or knows a tech as no BRAND name would ever ship it. And since no brand name would that means he bought all the parts and assembled it himself, which means he knows more about computers then he leads on. See why i am skeptical? It doesn't pan out. And a name like booger? Doesn't sound like a gramps name to me. I may seem harsh but i believe in fair play. You could be in our clan 10 years and our best friend, but if you are cheating.. boom you are gone.

He should think outside the box. Take a look and realize why people are team killing him and why he shouldn't have played until is "issue" was resolved.

Anyway no more "problem" for him and he is the only one I had seen. This thread can be closed unless we see it happen again... which by his post SHOULD not happen.

Edited by ROCOAFZ

June patch says anticheat fixes, not sure yet what that implies th33f.

There is 2 sides to exposing.

#1 Cheater is busted and either no longer can cheat as banned from every server

or

#2 Innocent guy is wrongly accused.

It has to be wayed out and verified by more then 1 person or it's just an opinion. Multiple people saw booger on different servers. I just spoke up and he doesn't deny he was running faster because of his "issue"

June patch says anticheat fixes, not sure yet what that implies th33f.

There is 2 sides to exposing.

#1 Cheater is busted and either no longer can cheat as banned from every server

or

#2 Innocent guy is wrongly accused.

It has to be wayed out and verified by more then 1 person or it's just an opinion. Multiple people saw booger on different servers. I just spoke up and he doesn't deny he was running faster because of his "issue"

ACC was a group of clanmembers, mostly ex-Rumble and TCZ, that kept an eye on pretty much every player that joined one of their servers on the eye. i have to add they were sometimes too quick to jump the gun, but final decisions were usually just. unfortunately, the so-called Anti Cheat Coalition was excessively represented by an individual known as the buttplug... oops, i mean Ruggbutt, so a lot of issues would take on a personal character, not a good thing for such an organization. you had to have heard of it, if you've been into GR since May '01.

i'm just saying it's nice to see the same kind of dedication we saw in GR as far as catching hackers, which kept the MP alive for an extra couple of years. it's all up to GRIN's ability to solve this, but even if they come up empty-handed - it's not impossible to manually weed out the cheaters, as long as we get that ban button.