Dual processors

Can dual processors make you run faster or do any strange anomolies?

Someone who is running very fast online claims that to be the case.

PLEASE DO NOT LOCK THIS THREAD OR DELETE IT.

IM NOT TALKING ABOUT CHEATING.

FOR SOME STRANGE REASON IT ISNT ALLOWED HERE.

Cheating ruined GR1 for me. I hope Grin does something about it.

Why we cant address this serious subject on this forum I dont know.

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF DUAL PROCESSORS CAN DO STRANGE THINGS TO GRAW.

I Have dual processors and my game runs normal except

sometimes I press my mouse button to fire and nothing happens.

Edited by Blaster

it all depends on the program/game, if it is multi threaded or not, most arent however. But I think that if you have two hefty progs working at once the pc will know enough to split the work on two cores, one prog on a core. so for instance its alot cleaner burning a DVD while editing video all at once with no slow down. But as for games Im not sure. It certainly wont make u run faster, as in 10mph instead of 5mph, it may tho help the graphics and AI, maybe.

Wouldnt a dual core be better than a single if you are using GRAW and Teamspeak?

Yep.

And to answer the other questions- Dual core only affected games when they were new, but was mainly a problem on the CPU side(which has been hotfixed).

If the game does not take advantage of dual core, then the game simply just uses one core as any other typical CPU.

Wouldnt a dual core be better than a single if you are using GRAW and Teamspeak?

Correct... that is why you even see P4's with hyperthreading not having this issue (hyperthreading gives it a virtual processor to run other apps off of)

My P4 runs at 50% the other thread handles everything else Leaving 50% available for ts and such.

Just upgraded to an AMD Athlon 64 4600 X2, and see nothing out of the normal when playing. Was playing lastnight, and while i was on a dead sprint, some guy ran past me at speeds Flash would be jealous of.

I asked him in chat if he was running Dual Core, and he "lol'ed" and said i should get one to unlock the potential of the game. :o=

Can dual processors make you run faster or do any strange anomolies?

Someone who is running very fast online claims that to be the case.

I find wearing my grans Bi-Focal glasses while playing means I can run while zoomed in, and if I couple that with wearing my friends sons skateboard knee pads then for some reason I can slide around the whole map without standing up once ;)

Seriously though m8, that is a total fallacy and if he was running fast then he was cheating, plain and simple, and using a ridiculace 'Dual Core' myth as a cover.

Since GRAW isn't multi-threaded, this is total nonsense. Even if GRAW was MT, a second core wouldn't let you run faster. It's possible you could get higher frames, maybe during an explosion for example. But even that assumes that your performance with GRAW was cpu-bound which I'm guessing for that vast majority of us just ain't gonna happen.

Dual-core helps when running apps simultaneously but I doubt it would help much with TeamSpeak specifically. Performance with TS is probably more reliant on bandwidth than processor power - unless you're really hurtin'. My performance with voice comms was directly related to my ping now that I think of it.