Jump to content
Ghost Recon.net Forums

Honest Answer From GRIN Wanted


Recommended Posts

..sorry im laying trying to lay off the nicotine and its making me grumpy ;)

Good to hear that you are trying to quit, let me tell you that it is easy, I've done it plenty of times. :hehe:

3 times in 2 years!:)

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you've played the XBox 360 version, it's pretty clear that is where 99.99% of the effort went as far as making GRAW. To be honest, it's a completely different game from the PC version--truly groundbreaking.

The PC game is still a great game, but I would have to agree that there is a lot of untapped potential and things that seem unfinished. I definately seems rushed.

...I miss the days where GR was primarily for the PC. :(

yes if you dont count countless nights and weekends, working our butts off to satisfy you guys, as an effort, I guess you are right...

..sorry im laying trying to lay off the nicotine and its making me grumpy ;)

I was talking about on the part of Ubi, meaning you guys at GRIN probably didn't get enough money or time to make it all that you wanted to. I'm not implying that GRIN didn't work hard. Sorry for not making that clear.

I'm also not saying the 360 version is better really. I've only played it a few times for the eye-candy, and wouldn't buy a 360 to play it. I hate tactical FPS on consoles.

The PC version is a great game, but obviously incomplete. Again, that's not GRIN's fault. It's most certainly Ubi's.

Edited by bonez
Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess if Grin did have the same manpower and resources as Ubisoft and 360 version, then the game we would have been be different, I guess we have a few more things in it for a start.

I am about 85% happy with what I bought, and the other 15% will be on its way over the next couple months.

I will say this for the Team in here they have always been honest with us.

And on a personnel not with me too, in any dealings I have had.

Over the last 18 months they have worked and produced a pretty amazing game its doing well in the charts and in sales, a lot of people love the game me included but Im just a fan boy anyway, so my Team tell me.

Some of you would be quite astonished at what lenghths they are going to, now to make the game better, they dont just visit these forums for the fun of it, they read and take notes, and implement ideas from you in the game, and thats the truth.

I myself have never seen a Devlopment Team work so closely with a community before it must be a first.

People out side these forums call us fan boys well some of us, hey what the hell I dont care, if it means a 2 way corresponding and getting the job done, then screw outside forums.

They wont complain when they get the benifit without putting the work in.

OOpps too much sorry.

Enough said.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess if Grin did have the same manpower and resources as Ubisoft and 360 version, then the game we would have been be different, I guess we have a few more things in it for a start.

I am about 85% happy with what I bought, and the other 15% will be on its way over the next couple months.

I will say this for the Team in here they have always been honest with us.

And on a personnel not with me too, in any dealings I have had.

Over the last 18 months they have worked and produced a pretty amazing game its doing well in the charts and in sales, a lot of people love the game me included but Im just a fan boy anyway, so my Team tell me.

Some of you would be quite astonished at what lenghths they are going to, now to make the game better, they dont just visit these forums for the fun of it, they read and take notes, and implement ideas from you in the game, and thats the truth.

I myself have never seen a Devlopment Team work so closely with a community before it must be a first.

People out side these forums call us fan boys well some of us, hey what the hell I dont care, if it means a 2 way corresponding and getting the job done, then screw outside forums.

They wont complain when they get the benifit without putting the work in.

OOpps too much sorry.

Enough said.

Right on..

I'm enjoying the game so far, while still not a replacment for [GR], YET.....

Cant want for the upcoming summers patches / expansions.

My hats off to GRIN for the time they spend here with the fans of the game. Your work is appreciated.

Regards,

Sheldon / AlphaSquad

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you've played the XBox 360 version, it's pretty clear that is where 99.99% of the effort went as far as making GRAW. To be honest, it's a completely different game from the PC version--truly groundbreaking.

The PC game is still a great game, but I would have to agree that there is a lot of untapped potential and things that seem unfinished. I definately seems rushed.

...I miss the days where GR was primarily for the PC. :(

yes if you dont count countless nights and weekends, working our butts off to satisfy you guys, as an effort, I guess you are right...

..sorry im laying trying to lay off the nicotine and its making me grumpy ;)

No way dude! Don't quit smoking or the June patch will suck!

It stimulates mental creativity! LoL

Like Metal_Jacket, I have also quit plenty of times.... Infact, I give up smoking every ten minutes LOL

Ummm smoking

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a question, ... when are you schedualed to start producing GR4? Has it already begun?

Eh, ok, I know you wont answer that, but i hope UBI give you the opotunity to continue where you left off. Allow you more time to perfect the engine and max out its potential with the added time. Care to drop any hints on this ? :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess if Grin did have the same manpower and resources as Ubisoft and 360 version, then the game we would have been be different, I guess we have a few more things in it for a start.

I am about 85% happy with what I bought, and the other 15% will be on its way over the next couple months.

I will say this for the Team in here they have always been honest with us.

And on a personnel not with me too, in any dealings I have had.

Over the last 18 months they have worked and produced a pretty amazing game its doing well in the charts and in sales, a lot of people love the game me included but Im just a fan boy anyway, so my Team tell me.

Yeah, I agree. I think a lot of it is experience too; Grin made an excellent game.

I don't like to compare, but when I only had the money to buy one X360 GRAW was the game I went with. Grin did an astounding job considering their experience and resources, and an excellent job regardless, but Ubisoft and Red Storm are both very well established in the genre and have been hiring some of the greatest talent in the industry and making some of the greatest games for quite some time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...