Honest Answer From GRIN Wanted

I have a simple but nice question or few, not sure if had been asked before... but i'll shoot anyways.

You have so far released two stability patches, expecting another patch in June.

Would you guys personally have wanted to wait longer for the release

to have got this work done?

Or were you perhaps more interested in "Letting it out in the wild" , just to see the reaction?

i.e the best way to find problems is to get a bigger more diverse test audience?

Or were you pressured by Ubi or simply "Powers above" ?

- D -

Edited by Damolee

Was also going to say, I also HATED this game before the patching done so far.... I would have probably gotten a refund if it wasn't for the fact I bought it online.

I am very glad now though I got to stick around, the fixes listed for the two patches don't seem to cover have the difference of what they have made to this game, 1.10 won me over bigtime.

Now I do but wonder, how many other people got rid of the game pre-patching and are going to miss out.

Also wonder how many more servers / people playing there would be if it wasn't for this initial dampener.

Good work fellas, anychance I could swap my keyring for a blonde swedish lapdancer in leather?

:)

Edited by Damolee

there is a million reasons as to why a game is shipped on a certain date, its quite impossible to name just a few. Patching will however continue and we hope that you will enjoy the game for a long time even after the bumpy start:)

there is a million reasons as to why a game is shipped on a certain date, its quite impossible to name just a few. Patching will however continue and we hope that you will enjoy the game for a long time even after the bumpy start:)

I bet Ubi gave you a PR roasting before letting you guys loose huh LoL

What I was really getting at, next time a Ubi backed game drops.... i'll leave it a couple of

months, which is still pretty darn good considering with EA titles you have a 7 month wait and then hope they don't decide to break it again worse... BF2... dropping Jeeps on Artillery batons and runways PMSL

Graw is shaping up nicely, you've won over the biggest of cynics going.

I eat humble pie!

:g_withgrin:

I've enjoyed it since the begining, and I hope you guys have the opportunity to make an expansion in a more wilderness like location.

Agreed. Despite some of the "bumps" I was too impressed by all the good stuff to get overly worked up about the problems. Each patch has just made it even better... hopefully the June patch will win over more of the MP only crowd. This game has the potential to go very far indeed....

An expansion pack in a less urban environment would also be very nice, although I've got nothing against the current setting - diversity is just nice. I expect the modders will provide plenty of non-urban maps sson enough, though.

I am glad the game was released incomplete.

After waiting years for a PC version GR game, I am having fun with the game right now, and I am learning the five maps very well.

I cant wait to see all the stuff that will be added to GRAW in the future.

I am much more of a sniper on rural maps kind of guy myself, but I have to admit, this is the most realistic and fun, run and gun on urban maps playing I have ever played.

Edited by Blaster

If you've played the XBox 360 version, it's pretty clear that is where 99.99% of the effort went as far as making GRAW. To be honest, it's a completely different game from the PC version--truly groundbreaking.

The PC game is still a great game, but I would have to agree that there is a lot of untapped potential and things that seem unfinished. I definately seems rushed.

...I miss the days where GR was primarily for the PC. :(

If you've played the XBox 360 version, it's pretty clear that is where 99.99% of the effort went as far as making GRAW. To be honest, it's a completely different game from the PC version--truly groundbreaking.

The PC game is still a great game, but I would have to agree that there is a lot of untapped potential and things that seem unfinished. I definately seems rushed.

I agree with your statement 100%, the xbox360 is much more enjoyable then PC. Hoping that the June patch will have some of the xbox360 elements.

I heard the maps on the x-box 360 are smaller.

I wouldnt want to play on anything smaller than what the PC version has now.

In fact I would like larger Rural maps soon.

Plus I like a mouse much better than thumbsticks, and the more mature players that play with the PC version.

Then there is the X-BOX LIVE online cost.

And the mods we get with the PC....etc......

PC is the way to go.

I own an X-box and I hate it.

I heard the maps on the x-box 360 are smaller.

I wouldnt want to play on anything smaller than what the PC version has now.

In fact I would like larger Rural maps soon.

Plus I like a mouse much better than thumbsticks, and the more mature players that play with the PC version.

Then there is the X-BOX LIVE online cost.

And the mods we get with the PC....etc......

PC is the way to go.

I own an X-box and I hate it.

Xbox Live cost isn't an issue.

£40 for a years subscription over £500 on upgrading hardware on your PC, not really

a good point to make is it. LoL ....the beauty of console gaming.

But I can't stand XB Live, oh the little S.O.Bs that plague that thing make

me want to shoot them for real, let alone in a game.

Thanks for the response! I for one have enjoyed the game right out of the box, and with each patch.

Happy to see GRIN and Ubi have committed to continue supporting and improving the game. Keep up the great work! :grin1:

yes if you dont count countless nights and weekends, working our butts off to satisfy you guys, as an effort, I guess you are right...

..sorry im laying trying to lay off the nicotine and its making me grumpy ;)

Why the game was released is simple... UBI told em to.

Here's what happened, some ass-clown at UBI thought that people

weren't going to accept another delay, told his/her boss and pressured

GRiN into an early shipping.

Though I agree with UBI that they HAD to release, I do BLAME UBI for

announcing it too early.

What happens is this:

- Publisher announces game

- Fan boiz pick up on it and whine for a release

- Delay #1, publisher tells developer extra details about what

some n00bz in the forums want and demands they incorperate it.

- Delay #2, game still not done due to Delay #1 because they got

behind on their original schedule, which publisher refuses to

acknowledge.

- Publisher now sees that interrest is fading/being replaced by

negativity, gets scared and demands that developer releases the

software.

It's called "N00B APPEASEMENT" people...

If I am off, which I SERIOUSLY doubt, I'm not off by much.

Edited by CkZWarlord