Lightspeed and COOP...and an apology.

A while ago as you probably all remember I had my 'last word' on GRAW and slammed it pretty hard. My final comments were, I hope COOP will be better.

Well, it is brilliant, and highly addictive. In fact, it is exactly what I and many others were looking for as the next step in the GR series.

There just arent enough hours in the day, unfortunately, to sit down and hook in to it. That said, Im still trying to get on for an hour or two every day to play a little, and everyone Im playing with (usually new players when I open up a Server) love it, and see massive potential with this game.

The patches have really improved the stability of the game, and the drop from 'High" to 'Medium" priority is a welcome change that hasnt had any negative impact on gaming performance. It has also freed up TS, which was kinda locking up b4 the patches.

The GRAW COMMUNITY PATCH V1.0 has also improved the immersivenicity (new word..lol) of the game, and without diamonds on display really calls for a higher and more demanding level of team tactics..most welcome.

What I see now, which I probably didnt see before because I was expecting another [GR], was the effort that GRIN had put in, and clearly they have put a heap of work in, and besides the bugs here n there, there is so much positive stuff that I didnt pick up on, or acknowledge. BEAUTIFUL GRAFFIX (forget AA - I dont notice not having it anymore), REALISTIC ENVIRONMENT, TEXTURES, TERRAINS, MASSIVE ASSORTMENT OF OBJECTS AND BUILDINGS, BEAUTIFUL PHYSICS AND DYNAMIC ENVIRONMENT, GOOD AI (try them without the diamonds), STUNNING LIGHTING AND SHADOWS, ETC. ( My judgement was clouded by what I had imagined, and what we actually got - my view was severely jaded as I think were many peoples initial views).

Now that I have given the game time to grow on me as a seperate entity, without comparing it to [GR], I realize how brilliant the COOP is.I love it and believe it is a beautiful and logical step in the right direction for the GR series. In addition, this engine has so much depth to it, that it really looks like its built for the future. This is not a game that will run out of options in the future, I really feel that it could satisfy our COOP desires for the next few years.

So I think Ive said enough about the COOP, but I really wanted to APOLOGIZE TO GRIN PUBLICLY for my harsh review several weeks ago. GRIN has done a brilliant job with COOP, with the Engine, with the Game and I look forward to what they can deliver us in the future.

KUDOS GRIN,

from Lighty.

Edited by PoW_LigHtsPeEd

Glad you're enjoying the game.

I've been enjoying it from the beginning, but then again I've only been playing co-op & SP so far. Coincidence? I think not.

Looking forward to some serious competive multiplay gametimes in June though. Not to mention new co-op levels/maps, perhaps even [GR] ones in July. Things seem to be shaping up nicely.

Seems like someone's been "patching" his opinion! :rofl: I like that!

Kudos to you Lightspeed for having the balls to admit you were wrong - I bet a lot of whiners have too much prestige to do something like that.

Thanks Lighty, this was a very inspiring read - great start on a Monday morning!

hey while theres a grin convention here can you guys help me figure out why i still get disconnected? love coop but i would love it more if i could actually play...i spent literally almost 5hrs trying to join one game...yes i was that bored...lightspeed if you remember me from your server i got disconnected...><...help grin please!

ps: i dont think its the graphics problem cuz no matter what setting i have on or what resolution im at it still takes the same loading and same black screen time and still get disconnected...sometimes i have to wait 10minutes for the game to go from the black screen to the disconnection page to the main menu...the only map i seem to be able to play most of the time is "strong point"...here are my specs(on the bottom of the page)...i can play sp just fine with pretty good frame rates...i just always seem to get disconnected...help me grin! im melting!!!! :rofl: ! :g_withgrin:

1.6ghz

geforce 6600gt agp 128mb

512 ram

80 gig harddrive

etc

Edited by JulietHotel13

hey while theres a grin convention here can you guys help me figure out why i still get disconnected? love coop but i would love it more if i could actually play...i spent literally almost 5hrs trying to join one game...yes i was that bored...lightspeed if you remember me from your server i got disconnected...><...help grin please!

ps: i dont think its the graphics problem cuz no matter what setting i have on or what resolution im at it still takes the same loading and same black screen time and still get disconnected...sometimes i have to wait 10minutes for the game to go from the black screen to the disconnection page to the main menu...the only map i seem to be able to play most of the time is "strong point"...here are my specs(on the bottom of the page)...i can play sp just fine with pretty good frame rates...i just always seem to get disconnected...help me grin! im melting!!!! :rofl: ! :g_withgrin:

1.6ghz

geforce 6600gt agp 128mb

512 ram

80 gig harddrive

etc

Do you have a router or firewall? You may need gamespy ports forwarded.

yes JH, i remember you...not that Im an expert but i think its one of 2 things.

1. broadband connectioon - wot is it?

2. antivirus or summat like that.

cant think of any other reason.

actually looking at your specs - you need more ram, and prolly a better cpu.

$0.02 - hope it helps so you can get your ass into some coops with me.

What I see now, which I probably didnt see before because I was expecting another [GR], was the effort that GRIN had put in, and clearly they have put a heap of work in, and besides the bugs here n there, there is so much positive stuff that I didnt pick up on, or acknowledge. BEAUTIFUL GRAFFIX (forget AA - I dont notice not having it anymore), REALISTIC ENVIRONMENT, TEXTURES, TERRAINS, MASSIVE ASSORTMENT OF OBJECTS AND BUILDINGS, BEAUTIFUL PHYSICS AND DYNAMIC ENVIRONMENT, GOOD AI (try them without the diamonds), STUNNING LIGHTING AND SHADOWS, ETC. ( My judgement was clouded by what I had imagined, and what we actually got - my view was severely jaded as I think were many peoples initial views).

Now that I have given the game time to grow on me as a seperate entity, without comparing it to [GR], I realize how brilliant the COOP is.I love it and believe it is a beautiful and logical step in the right direction for the GR series. In addition, this engine has so much depth to it, that it really looks like its built for the future. This is not a game that will run out of options in the future, I really feel that it could satisfy our COOP desires for the next few years.

KUDOS GRIN,

from Lighty.

Mr. lighty, loved reading your post..... 101%

Seems like someone's been "patching" his opinion! :rofl: I like that!

Kudos to you Lightspeed for having the balls to admit you were wrong - I bet a lot of whiners have too much prestige to do something like that.

Thanks Lighty, this was a very inspiring read - great start on a Monday morning!

Now thats funny :rofl::rofl:

Nice Lighty

A while ago as you probably all remember I had my 'last word' on GRAW and slammed it pretty hard. My final comments were, I hope COOP will be better.

Well, it is brilliant, and highly addictive. In fact, it is exactly what I and many others were looking for as the next step in the GR series.

There just arent enough hours in the day, unfortunately, to sit down and hook in to it. That said, Im still trying to get on for an hour or two every day to play a little, and everyone Im playing with (usually new players when I open up a Server) love it, and see massive potential with this game.

The patches have really improved the stability of the game, and the drop from 'High" to 'Medium" priority is a welcome change that hasnt had any negative impact on gaming performance. It has also freed up TS, which was kinda locking up b4 the patches.

The GRAW COMMUNITY PATCH V1.0 has also improved the immersivenicity (new word..lol) of the game, and without diamonds on display really calls for a higher and more demanding level of team tactics..most welcome.

So I think Ive said enough about the COOP, but I really wanted to APOLOGIZE TO GRIN PUBLICLY for my harsh review several weeks ago. GRIN has done a brilliant job with COOP, with the Engine, with the Game and I look forward to what they can deliver us in the future.

KUDOS GRIN,

from Lighty.

Congrats Lighty. I do recall you and I had a discussion about most of these topics on TS. Glad you gave the game a chance and have seen the potential it has.

Edited by }PW{ Payback