Jump to content

Maybe GRIN shouldn't do tactical games?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7.62 is not a powerfull bullet? It's like a little ball?

Are you joking? A 7.62 will tear you apart. :blink:

I am also getting very tired of these whiney posts about GRAW not being like GR1. You dont like it? Fine. Dont whine about it though.

This is one of the worst games I have seen lately...Don't like it...removed it and not whining! :)

alaskaman05

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nobody is complaining that there aren't any forests in the middle of Mexico City. I think the point is rather that the game should have been set in a place where rural areas would be common.

I don't mind the urban setting myself, just nitpicking.

You may be right, but I don't think the location of the game was GRIN's decision.... so it's not really relevant to the issue of whether or not GRIN should "give up tactical games".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1.that means that we haven't kills from one shot, but we have many arcade things like "one headshot - enemy is alive", enemy is hit and still run anyway and etc.

This will depend on calibre of weapon.

How Close.

How good the shooter is.

Scull is the hardest part of the body.

And a lot of us mostly get one one kill in the game.

What's Ageia? There are fanciful special effects. It's just made for beautiful bangs and flashes. And no more.

Not correct.

It adds particle affects that are not done via other hardware.

In GRAW we have just boaring city.

You knew this when you bought it.

Ghost Recon was for it's REAL fans.

If you were a real fan why did you buy a game that only had Mexico City in it.??

And read that Grin make arcade games.

don't want to buy GRAW, because it's not Ghost Recon.

This game was not ment to be Ghost Recon, and thousands of people are buying it and playing it.

Before spending out a lot of money on a game one normally does a bit of research, it seems you did most of yours after.

If you dont like the game now, its your fault no one else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That means that we haven't kills from one shot, but we have many arcade things like "one headshot - enemy is alive"

How about the SUPER REALISTIC fact that I could one-shot-one kill someone in the foot in [GR]?? Often one of my goofy clansmen would gimp me and run away for the fun of it, but if I was packing the OICW one shot to his foot would kill him... hmmm realistic...

My point is, sure the damage system could be better, but IMO it's imperfect as was GR1. The difference is, and maybe you have/haven't noticed is, GRIN wants to make this game great, I see them on the forums often. I wonder why they even come here sometimes, they get slapped in the face every other time they read a post. I commend them for sorting through the insults and listening to people with positive criticism.

Ghost Recon 1 was a game with forests, lakes, fields, mountains and etc. In GRAW we have just boaring city.

So what I'm hearing is... the Ghosts can ONLY go to places around the world where there are trees... "We've got a national crisis on our hands gentlemen, we need to send in the Ghosts!! What they don't have trees there, damn, I guess we'll settle for the Girl Scouts!!" ;)

It's Mexico City for crying out loud... CITY!! I think the setting is awesome and I love the attention to detail.

I'm sure the trees shall come.

And I don't want say about system requests because making games for men who are fans of stylish videocards and systems is not meaning you like a good gamemakers, GRIN.

IMO GRIN was brilliant to do this, why? Because they want the game to have staying power; GRIN developers are forward thinkers. They know that in a year, year and a half. People will be running this game with not many problems. That's the way technology works... Maybe you should wait a while, after they come out with a "foliage" expansion pack and you've been able to upgrade your compy a bit.

Moreover you don't understand what is Ghost Recon was for it's REAL fans and you never understand what we feel when we see at GRAW.

So you are the authority on what a REAL fan is?? Since you are, maybe you should define it for me, cause I guess I thought I was a real fan...

BTW of the 8 posts you've made, how many have just complained and how many tried to be helpful to GRIN and the rest of the community... Just thought I'd ask! :thumbsup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The damage model is a complete and utter joke, bullet to the head and just get back up? ....is this Ghost Recon : Advanced Paintball fighter?

I agree, that NEEDS to be fixed, not a "It would be nice" , it's a must.

And anyone who disagrees with that notion obviously has never played any form of tactical shooter and is use to the likes of Super Mario Bros or something. Point made....

As for the comments about where it's set, not relevant.... Would the Mexicans just say "Hey guys, lets not fight it out here in the City... lets goto Canada ...or perhaps the rocky mountains... wahoo, look at the wuvverly bushes guys, aren't they great".

As far as futuristic scenarios go, a woody or green location wouldn't be likely.

Did Ageia pay off Ubi to include usage of their hardware in this title?

That's a huge possibility, as it wasn't required and the fact it hits the GPU performance anyways speaks volumes. Good with a patch as an option, having it integral with those bloody drivers on install... pointless.

Apart from that, I see good promise in what has been proposed but I reserve judgement till then.

But PLEASE oh PLEASE fix the body hit damage thing, otherwise... what's the point of precision shooting or accuracy? ...may aswell just rain down a hail of insanely barraded bullets knowing a few will hit the body anywhere... and that obviously aint how it's done now is it, come on.

It's shaping up to be a good game though, but for the pace it's played at and it's seemingly tactical element.... it needs to be more tactical.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

GRIN knows that many people don't like GRAW because it's unlike Ghost Recon 1. That means that we haven't kills from one shot, but we have many arcade things like "one headshot - enemy is alive", enemy is hit and still run anyway and etc.

i got in each mission about 14 up to 20 instant kill shots

go figure..........

Just a comment here to straighten some things out:

I assume Olegrus predominantly refers to GRAW MP, and I can assure you all that in GRAW MP it is extremely rare with a one-shot-one-kill (except with the snipergun). That is in contrast to shooting enemy AI in the missions, where one-shot-one-kill happens frequently. Obviously the damage models differ...

In my opinion, there is indeed an 'arcade-feel' problem in GRAW MP, caused by the following combination of features (or their lack of):

- it takes many hits to kill

- the relatively high running and strafe speed

- no noticeable immediate transient punishment of being hit

- no noticeble long-lasting or permanent effect of being hit

However, GRIN is expected soon to release a patch focused on MP, and we will hopefully see one or more of these issues addressed (but I don't think we should expect any miracles).

So, Olegrus has a point and I sympathize with his frustration although another non-constructive post will not benefit the future development of GRAW, a game with potentials, even for MP...

That's all...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you, Peace. But I don't like how some GRIN (SORRY, I MEAN SOME SUPPORT MEMBERS OF FORUM HERE) behave theirself. "I got some beer and pizza. And I got popcorn. LoLs. Let's look at show". Is it normal? You don't respect other people, men, so you want to hear only cheers? If you have many negative posts it should be exist. And if you have many negative posts it's not our problem. In many times it has a reason. It's like Lockdown. Many people don't like it and say that this game a real s... But some people are happy like kids and evacuating boilling water :)

Ok. Some people want to have some definite positions. I make it.

So, what are SOME differences between GRAW and GR1?

- Rifle guns has more recoil then support gun. That's not real.

- The soldier can turn on 360 degrees very quick in lie position. Remeber GR1. In GR1 you needed to move legs before turn the body. And you can turn your body quick only on 180 degrees.

- The damage model is not realistic. In GR1 when you hit enemy in the leg he can't move fast. When you hit enemy in the body or arm he can't shoot correctly and be fast to aim. In any case in GR1 enemy ussual is eliminated by 1-2 bullets. In GRAW MP - by many bullets.

- We have the injuried motion in GR1 when you shot in enemy. In GRAW we haven't it.

- The natural maps. That was a principal difference from other games. And it was a difference between Rainbow 6 and GR1. Now we haven't it. Don't tell me about Mexico. Developers can make natural maps in MP like it was in Desert Siege.

- The motion of enemy is not realistic in some cases when you eliminate him. In GR1 it was ALWAYS realistic.

- In GR we haven't warnings about near placed snipers. If we have a map with sputnik vision let's we find them.

- In GRAW we can't enter in the buildings. In GR1 we can do it.

Some issues:

- If we have srutnik navigation why we MUST to get out from covers to make "a laser shot" to eliminate tanks by airstrike. Why we can't set coordinates in sputnik navigation? It is 2013 year. Isn't it?

- We have Zeus rocket launcher. But why sometimes we can't use it?

- In "Vip 2 is down" we have enemy armor near a building. And airsitike must to damage it. How it can be damadged so near from building and building is not damaged? If we have a realistic simulator, then the building may say "Good bye all" :)

- Sometimes the helicopter land in very closed spaces like in last map of singleplayer. Sometimes you can see how helicopter touch the trees and other objects. That's not real.

- Sometimes enemy down not realistic. Sometimes you can see that enemy's dead body "sit" or has unreal positions.

- The wheels of cars are flied away from riffle bullets hits. It's not realistic.

- The hand grenade can damage massive column. Its' not realistic.

Other issues and offers later.

Edited by RLT-Olegrus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The game is tactical but one thing which I find extremely arcady about the game and something which seems to be very effective, is straffing... holding down the run button and straffing around your opponents before stopping and shooting him, works for me 9 times out of 10 regardless of player and they usually don't hit me with their gunfire because the majority of people stay still and shoot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you, Peace. But I don't like how some GRIN mens behave theirself. "I got some beer and pizza. And I got popcorn. LoLs. Let's look at show". Is it normal? You don't respect other people, men, so you want to hear only cheers?

I just want to clarify that the pizza comment was NOT written by a Grin devteam member!:)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've enjoyed the game so far, way better than Lockdown. Maybe the next game will make the character limp when shot in the leg (whether its one shot or 10 to the foot), or be forced to crawl if both legs get shot or if an arm gets shot, the stability is thrown way off, or maybe they can only hold the non-pistols for so long without having to drop it down and rest (if only 1 arm is good) or how about if someone gets shot in the neck they live for however long it would take a person to pass out from a bleed out if their jugular got hit...and on and on

A lot of ideas and a lot of work for a programmer/designers to toss every possible aspect of real life into a game (and this is just one small aspect). They do the best they can with they have now. Maybe the character models in future games could have a lot of those things added.

As far as maps go, like many peopel have said before me, the large rural maps will follow, no doubt about it. My one concern about Mexico city is the yellow/brown tinge that seems to be everywhere. Im sure a satellite image of Mexico City would be more colorful than the image we see while parchuting down into the city at the beginning of SP. Adding a bit more true color to the buildings would be nice but the graphics are still sweet anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wrote:

"Thank you, Peace. But I don't like how some GRIN behave theirself. "I got some beer and pizza. And I got popcorn. LoLs. Let's look at show". Is it normal?"

SORRY, I MEAN SOME SUPPORT MEMBERS OF FORUM SAID IT

Edited by RLT-Olegrus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just to clarify this

So, what are SOME differences between GRAW and GR1?

- Rifle guns has more recoil then support gun. That's not real.

- The soldier can turn on 360 degrees very quick in lie position. Remeber GR1. In GR1 you needed to move legs before turn the body. And you can turn your body quick only on 180 degrees.

- The damage model is not realistic. In GR1 when you hit enemy in the leg he can't move fast. When you hit enemy in the body or arm he can't shoot correctly and be fast to aim. In any case in GR1 enemy ussual is eliminated by 1-2 bullets. In GRAW MP - by many bullets.

- We have the injuried motion in GR1 when you shot in enemy. In GRAW we haven't it.

- The natural maps. That was a principal difference from other games. And it was a difference between Rainbow 6 and GR1. Now we haven't it. Don't tell me about Mexico. Developers can make natural maps in MP like it was in Desert Siege.

- The motion of enemy is not realistic in some cases when you eliminate him. In GR1 it was ALWAYS realistic.

- In GR we haven't warnings about near placed snipers. If we have a map with sputnik vision let's we find them.

- In GRAW we can't enter in the buildings. In GR1 we can do it.

So, what are SOME differences between GRAW and GR1?

- Rifle guns has more recoil then support gun. That's not real. Have you tried the new 1.10 patch... rifles don't kick as much now

- The soldier can turn on 360 degrees very quick in lie position. Remeber GR1. In GR1 you needed to move legs before turn the body. And you can turn your body quick only on 180 degrees.Incorrect, i could do it in GR1 with my Razer mouse easily, just not when being hit

- The damage model is not realistic. In GR1 when you hit enemy in the leg he can't move fast. When you hit enemy in the body or arm he can't shoot correctly and be fast to aim. In any case in GR1 enemy ussual is eliminated by 1-2 bullets. In GRAW MP - by many bullets. Yeah but when you hit someone in the foot with a higher caliber it would kill them. I agree however there needs to be punishment for being hit as stated many times in the forum

- We have the injuried motion in GR1 when you shot in enemy. In GRAW we haven't it. THere is some, just not really activated... watch the video posted somewhere here. you will note leg shots made him twitch. Also the modders have found settings that make it look like this was in the works... and the devs say they are looking into it

- The natural maps. That was a principal difference from other games. And it was a difference between Rainbow 6 and GR1. Now we haven't it. Don't tell me about Mexico. Developers can make natural maps in MP like it was in Desert Siege. There is park and surrounding area's... just not mp maps currently... do i also sense and expansion and mod?

- The motion of enemy is not realistic in some cases when you eliminate him. In GR1 it was ALWAYS realistic. Gr was not always realistic.... check these links

http://www.attackforcez.com/index.php?modu...1&orderby=dateD

Especially this one...

http://www.attackforcez.com/index.php?modu...0&orderby=dateD

Note this guys head is implanted into the toilet

http://www.attackforcez.com/index.php?modu...9&orderby=dateD

- In GR we haven't warnings about near placed snipers. If we have a map with sputnik vision let's we find them.No warnings in MP...

- In GRAW we can't enter in the buildings. In GR1 we can do it. Incorrect, play avenues in domination or shanty town. Just as in GR1 not all buildings can be entered but some can.

And best of all no glitches! Everyone forgets the downfalls of GR1 because you have learned to avoid them. Gr1 wasn't perfect and still needed some work when it was abandoned.

GRIN is working on improving GRAW and yes it has it's flaws but at least they are being fixed instead of us permanently living with them and calling glitch for craters and such.

Oh one more GR1 flaw... remember pistols and support? it would take at least 10 shots to kill someone with a pistol if they had a support armor. Well this is the future... armor is stronger... although it needs some punishment to balance. the end.

Edited by ROCOAFZ
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, i have to agree with some isues that Olegrus wrote about. I dont like that you can turn around so easy when you are prone, the way it was made in GR1 was perfect and i dont understand why GRIN Guys didnt used GR1 "prone system". The damage system has to be build from the ground in my opinion. It should be 1-2 bullets = KILL also there should be some serious effects of being hit right now there is abslolutely no noticable effect.

But i have no doubt that GRAW is a TACTICAL GAME and i realy like this game, it has huge potential and when GRIN fix some bugs and problem it will be best tactical shooter on market for few next years ! Go GRIN !

Edited by Joseph_Q
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wrote:

"Thank you, Peace. But I don't like how some GRIN behave theirself. "I got some beer and pizza. And I got popcorn. LoLs. Let's look at show". Is it normal?"

SORRY, I MEAN SOME SUPPORT MEMBERS OF FORUM SAID IT

I think they are trying, sarcastically, to tell you that what you are saying is something that we have all seen before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think nobody should write any problem posts here because many people don't understand what the writer want to tell to other men. Like this:

I wrote: ''- The soldier can turn on 360 degrees very quick in lie position. Remeber GR1. In GR1 you needed to move legs before turn the body. And you can turn your body quick only on 180 degrees."

ROCOAFZ answered:

"Incorrect, i could do it in GR1 with my Razer mouse easily, just not when being hit"

So many supporters are agresively here too. So what we should? We should play GRAW what we have today, with some bugs, and just shout our mouth, because "GRAW is rules anyway" (applause).

About patch 1.10. As you know GRIN "fixed" problems with changing weapons in mission area. But I have this problem AGAIN!

Look at this

I don't know, maybe I repeat same problems that other people have. But it's not a reason to "shut up". I can't read all topics because there are too many posts every day.

Edited by RLT-Olegrus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wrote:

"Thank you, Peace. But I don't like how some GRIN behave theirself. "I got some beer and pizza. And I got popcorn. LoLs. Let's look at show". Is it normal?"

SORRY, I MEAN SOME SUPPORT MEMBERS OF FORUM SAID IT

I think they are trying, sarcastically, to tell you that what you are saying is something that we have all seen before.

NOT AGAIN :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall: NOT AGAIN

It would be so nice if all we did was agree with every person that chopped into GRAW for it's faults, as this original POST does @RLT-Olegrus

Maybe GRIN shouldn't do tactical games?, I think guys you should do your arcade games.

But you have missed the point, or is that your point, GRIN missed the point ?

The problem is WE ALL KNOW IT IS NOT GR1 [[GR]] , it is not using GR1 model

THESE POINTS have been said before and now you are saying is once again. You can post your feelings on HOW BAD YOU THINK THIS GAME IS IN ANOTHER THREAD THAT ALREADY EXISTS I have listed a few for you ... but it's just another moan fest.....

THE NEVER ENDING MOAN FEST

Yes I like GRAW, YES I am a supporter and yes if this was all I'm happy I bought it.

BUT THIS IS NOT ALL !!!!! and everyone knows it !!!! well everyone that reads the other posts, so why o why keep moaning and moaning ?

Do you remember your last "I HATE GRAW POST ?" you could of posted there

BUT O NO ......... SSDD !!!! [ Same Sh_t Diffrent Day ].........

The Opinion about GRAW, Hi from Russia

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...ic=35092&hl=god

ONCE AGAIN !!!! wait till JUNE PATCH !!!

GRAW Was Not Worth Waiting!

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=34977

The Future of the GRAW Community

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=34909

irreconcilable differences

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=34748

My 2 Cents

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=35011

This Game is a Joke

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=34710

Waiting before buying GRAW?

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=34821

Lightspeed's last words

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=34451

This Game Will Never Be Popular Enough

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...ic=35348&hl=god

Maybe GRIN shouldn't do tactical games?

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=35528

This Game Will Never Be Popular Enough

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=35348

Where did God go wrong?

http://www.devil666.com/yourinhell/p?shoptopic=666part2

and on and on............. echoooooo Echo.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think nobody should write any problem posts here because many people don't understand what the writer want to tell to other men. Like this:

I wrote: ''- The soldier can turn on 360 degrees very quick in lie position. Remeber GR1. In GR1 you needed to move legs before turn the body. And you can turn your body quick only on 180 degrees."

ROCOAFZ answered:

"Incorrect, i could do it in GR1 with my Razer mouse easily, just not when being hit"

So many supporters are agresively here too. So what we should? We should play GRAW what we have today, with some bugs, and just shout our mouth, because "GRAW is rules anyway" (applause).

About patch 1.10. As you know GRIN "fixed" problems with changing weapons in mission area. But I have this problem AGAIN!

Look at this

I don't know, maybe I repeat same problems what have other people. But it's not a reason to "shout the mouth". I can't read all of topics because there are too many posts every day.

I think much of answers here are due to you english. It's easy to missunderstand what you are trying to say when your english is somewhere in between acceptable and bad. Don't get me wrong i'm not trying to bash you just clarify why some people responds the way they do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

VIPER

Don't be so weaked!

I just write some issues that you need to know to make GRAW more better. Yes, I compared GRAW and GR. What's bad in it? I just want to tell that many GR features were good. And theese features should be in GRAW for more realistic gaming.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

VIPER

Don't be so weaked!

I just write some issues that you need to know to make GRAW more better. Yes, I compared GRAW and GR. What's bad in it? I just want to tell that many GR features were good. And theese features should be in GRAW for more realistic gaming.

:rolleyes: LOL

You write issues from GRAW but you write POST with title

Maybe GRIN shouldn't do tactical games?,

I think guys you should do your arcade games

Do you know what you are saying is,

"GRIN is so poor with program code they should go make children games..."

If you want to post NEW FAULTS with GRAW that you find, why don't you.....

PUT TITLE

NEW PROBLEMS with WEAPON CHANGING....etc etc....

but every time you do the same thing..... GRIN is poor programmer, this is not GR1

too many faults for good game........

remember you are very lucky... like all of us....we have opportunity to post text directly to developer...

NORMALLY NEVER HAPPENS !!

and yes some people are talking hard, because the same sh_t is coming every week....

I understand your english text ok. but you are saying alot of things from all the posts I listed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Viper.

So why you so aggressive? :)

Maybe I repeat some issues, I don't sit here whole time and read posts. I just write what I feel. So what? Or maybe it should be better when all will not post anything?

I just play GRAW and feel that many features of GR are not allowed in GRAW. And I wrote about it. So what's bad in it?

Yes, maybe I am aggressive sometimes too. But sometimes I anger on GRAW.

Ok, guys. Keep cool. So I will try post some issues from rus forum today. MAYBE SOME OF ISSUES WILL BE REPEATED. SORRY VIPER IN ADVANCE! ;)

Edited by RLT-Olegrus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...