Maybe GRIN shouldn't do tactical games?

Hello again.

GRIN knows that many people don't like GRAW because it's unlike Ghost Recon 1. That means that we haven't kills from one shot, but we have many arcade things like "one headshot - enemy is alive", enemy is hit and still run anyway and etc. You may say: "But we have a good physics... Ageia and etc..." What's Ageia? There are fanciful special effects. It's just made for beautifull bangs and flashes. And no more. The physics is a real damage of objects that making injuries to the enemy, but in GRAW it's just a Badaboom and stupid action. GRAW is working on public and stupid show.

Ghost Recon 1 was a game with forests, lakes, fields, mountains and etc. In GRAW we have just boaring city. Why you forgot about naturies maps? Today we have a game like Rainbow 6. But Ghost Recon always distinguished by forest maps as distinct from other games. THE NATURAL ENVIROPMENT WAS A PRINCIPAL FEATURE OF GHOST RECON! And natural maps were very good! Theese maps had good visual and sound enviropment. And all liked it! How you can forgot about forests? Or maybe GRIN didn't play Ghost Recon?

And I don't want say about system requests because making games for men who are fans of stylish videocards and systems is not meaning you like a good gamemakers, GRIN. UBI just loose money of many people who wants to buy this game but don't want to buy hi-ends "toys".

You know, guys, you wrote on your site, that you make arcade games. I think you should do it further and you shouldn't try to jump higher of your head. That means that you shouldn't do tactical games. I played GRAW and I understood it. Moreover you don't understand what is Ghost Recon was for it's REAL fans and you never understand what we feel when we see at GRAW. And many strongs clans, who like GR and play it since 2001, don't want to buy GRAW, because it's not Ghost Recon, it's not a sequel of GR. It's a halfarcade shooter with super-mega-show-effects.

Why?

The continuation on page 3. GR1 vs GR3.

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index.php...pic=35528&st=30

Edited by RLT-Olegrus

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And many strongs clans, who like GR and play it since 2001, don't want to buy GRAW, because it's not Ghost Recon, it's not a sequel of GR.

Well, most of the CERT members has bought the game (including me) :P See You Guys on Clan Base shortly ! :o=:thumbsup:

*pulls up a chair*

Well at least Rocky can see where this type of POST is going !!!!

@RLT-Olegrus

Do you know what you are actually trying to say here ?

Do you know what Ghost Recon is ?

I am not even going into this one, it just is not worth my time !!!

Makes me sad to read posts like this........

OK, I'll bite ;)

What makes a game tactical? What makes it arcade? Is it forest maps? Low PC requirements? The only feature in your post that had anything to do with tactical vs arcade was the issue of one shot kills.

This feature alone, does not make a game tactical, however.... although I do agree it's a very important feature to have realistic damage models. Modern day equipment means that one-shot kills are not necessarily a 100% of the time reality anymore. As I've posted before, there are plenty stories coming out of Iraq of US soldiers getting shot and walking away with nothing more serious than a bruise (this includes guys surviving shots that hit their helmets).

I agree that the damage model in GRAW seems a bit weird at times, but there is a lot more to making a game tactical vs arcade. If you are going to make this sort of "challenge/allegation" you might want to justify it a bit more.

Edited by Trident-za

You mean it's funny?

Everyone has an opinion on games but I thought we were all here to get this sequel sorted & we are so lucky to have first hand access to the developer !!! which you will normally never ever have !! FACT.

If you like to chat with developers in a way that helps... it's great.. but if it's like the first post it's sad....

7.62 is not a powerfull bullet? It's like a little ball?

Are you joking? A 7.62 will tear you apart. :blink:

I am also getting very tired of these whiney posts about GRAW not being like GR1. You dont like it? Fine. Dont whine about it though.

Edited by element11

"Are you joking? A 7.62 will tear you apart."

Tell it to Trident-za

I see that GRIN don't like this post. They want specific offers. I know it. But why they didn't make forest maps?

You tired? And I tired when good games become a s...t! Like Rainbow 6 Lockdown!

Edited by RLT-Olegrus

i finished the game today *hurray for me*

one can see in it what they want, one can play it how they want

but for the forest thingy yes there is a lack of lush green enviorment

which gives you the feel of being outside in nature

but all the other things well.... even the lack of trees can be put aside when seeing the open spaces with the cars and parkbenches they make great bushes, rocks or tree lines , the palm here and there and the flowers and such they do give the same tense gameplay while scanning the area for tangos, okay it is not a forest and i do miss that too but it has got the feel or should i say,

i have got the [GR] feel after completing the game

and did you actually play the game ?

i got in each mission about 14 up to 20 instant kill shots

go figure..........

and there is even the posible instant kill that may happen to you (as in gamer)

this game may not look like a forest and farm day or night but it does have the feel once you have played it, well for me it has gotten that feel after playing it

i hope you will play this game till the end and be honnest about it,

when you find yourself not impressed forget my words, then it is a personal experiance for everyone different

Heres a thought to ponder, if GRAW was made first with the old engine and GR followed it but made with the new engine would everybody complain about the forest setting and wonder why the ghosts were in the forest?

Thats a very good point. Its exactly what happened wth GR1. Everyone wanted more urban maps.

seems like every match i played was played on maps like mbc, vil, docks, trainwreck(was that the name of it?),moscow, etc.

i played the other maps in fun games.

there was one wooded map that was at dusk and the lighting was kind of like GRAW. everything was hard to see on it. i always hated it when durring a match, the other team would pick it.

I might be wrong but maybe the reason for the lack of "large enviroment maps" could be related to the AI cover points system

Maybe we will get [GR] like maps for multiplayer (TDM=no AI=no coverpoints=[GR] Maps) :)

We will find out in 3 weeks...... :rolleyes:

"Are you joking? A 7.62 will tear you apart."

Tell it to Trident-za

First off, I have already agreed with you that the damage model seems a bit weird at times. Having said then, one shot kills are actually very common - at least on my version of the game.

Next... a 7.62mm round will definately tear you apart... unless it hits some sort of ballistics protection system (e.g. "bulletproof" vest).... then it MAY tear you apart, depending on factors like range, angle of striking etc. The 7.62mm round is pretty common in Iraq... and yet US soldiers survive getting shot quite often. The point is simply that one shot kills as a given "game rule" would be extremely unrealistic, perhaps moreso than the exisiting damage model. The damage model might need tweaking, but it certainly isn't as poor as you suggest. Nor does it make the game arcade. Whether it is arcade or not is open to debate... but your given reasons are incorrect nonetheless.

I think the lack of forest maps is due to two things. First, Mexico City doesn't have too many forests and the game is set in this environment. If half the maps were set in big forests people would be severely criticizing GRIN for having forests in the middle of the world's biggest city. Second, GRIN didn't have time to create any other maps before releasing the game. I'm sure your forests will be out soon. Will the game be tactical enough then?

I think the lack of forest maps is due to two things. First, Mexico City doesn't have too many forests and the game is set in this environment. If half the maps were set in big forests people would be severely criticizing GRIN for having forests in the middle of the world's biggest city

Nobody is complaining that there aren't any forests in the middle of Mexico City. I think the point is rather that the game should have been set in a place where rural areas would be common.

I don't mind the urban setting myself, just nitpicking.