Mission #7: Quarterback tactics

I really don't want a spoiler but I'm looking for a bit of tactical help. I've made it to the second checkpoint (just prior to the choper and path up to the left) and am finding it nearly impossible to make it to the next save point. Big question... Is the mission timed so we have to make it to the pinned down squad in a certain amount of time? As I'm pressured by the squawk of the other teams leader to get to him quickly, I keep putting myself and team in harms way. If no time limit, then I could take my time and check angles and cover...

Thanks in advance!

Well, through careful movement and cover, I made it to the next checkpoint. I don't care what anyone else says, this mission is a nail biter and has all the feel of [GR]. I've nearly come out of my chair when ambushed or sniped, and cursed out loud when nearing the next checkpoint only to be sniped meters away from the drop point...

Hats off to ya' GRIN, I feel I got my $50 worth!

Oh, and the blood mod is well worth the d/l, puts back the mist from [GR] really well. Only out a few weeks and the modders have come to the rescue...

Edited by FWF.Osteo

• 3 weeks later...

Any one get thru check point 6? I've reached VP and he's stuck pointing a pistol up towards one of the skycranes. Killed all the guys in the building maze of rooms and nothing is happening as I go through the checkpoint. What a pisser. :D

• 5 months later...

For some strange reason I cannot enter the area to get to the construction zone. When I pass the barricades in the roadway it states "your leaving the mission area mitchell" and I have tried all sortsof ways to get around it

This game guide link will help any body with mission problems its very good indeed.

Games Guide

Hey Thanks, Figured it out. I was lobbing a nad in on the VP and killing him. Shame on me. :D

Which barricades? If you're talking about those right after the heli-resupply drop savepoint, then it's simple: the savepoint is before the completion of that objective. i.e. after loading the savegame, you must go to the chopper and press "X" to resupply (and you might want to anyway) before moving on towards the construction site. HTH...

Which barricades? If you're talking about those right after the heli-resupply drop savepoint, then it's simple: the savepoint is before the completion of that objective. i.e. after loading the savegame, you must go to the chopper and press "X" to resupply (and you might want to anyway) before moving on towards the construction site. HTH...

I always resupply, then blow up chopper, then kill three snipers while moving down the road towards the xonstruction yard. At the bottom of the hill before the road reaches the freeway, there are two barricades and a car on its side to your right. Only objective is to reach Ballantine, chopper pilot says your close, I move toward the construction yard and I get the infamous, "Mitchell your leaving the mission area!"

I have tried every avenue of movement to no avail!!!!!!!!!Very frustrating POS game

I understand the frustration. It sounds like you have something screwy in your mission file - bad area trigger that is either misplaced or not being disabled properly. Which patch do you have installed? I recommend a clean install of 1.35 over the vanilla game. (you might want to save your profile folder with all your savegames first, as well as any mods you might have)

• 2 years later...

Hi,

I have been enjoying this game and I reached the quarterback level and it now says to reach an extraction point (after the football was lost). So I go to the extraction point where there is a helicopter waiting, problem is the helicopter does not land, it looks like it is prevented from doing so by another crashed helicopter. I run around the point over and over, but no cut scene :angry:

Can anyone help please?

[As GR4 hasnt been released yet, I'll move this to the correct forum (GR:AW 1) and merge it with the existing Mission #7 thread]

Edited by Pave Low

It does this even after loading the previous save point?

If it does, just load the save point before the previous one and replay the mission from there. The good news is that the save points leading up to the extraction are pretty close together, you should only have to ga back to where the VIP is extracted.

• 4 weeks later...

^

Either restart and replay the level from scratch or, if you are still looking for the easy route, read and follow this.

I finally worked out what the problem was. My mate from work played it under a different profile and did not have the same problem. We worked out that when I shot the enemy helicopted it crashed landed straight under where our helicopter wanted to land. What are the chances of that.