To GRIN

Just a reminder.

As seen with the farcry modding community and raven shield.... hold the modding tools for to long and the games modding potintial will be cut into half or 1/3 of what it would of been when first launched....

Sooner the better.

publisher... but figuring GRIN talks to UBIsoft atleast maybe the word will get passed on a little quicker?

I dunno after seeing the Ravenshield SDK goto crap...

then farcrys come out a year+ late

they both had pretty small modding scenes outside of the level editors.

... graw wouldnt be to hard to mod for considering the basics of what most people want out of it are already there.... just really tunning the gameplay to a more classic feeling.

publisher... but figuring GRIN talks to UBIsoft atleast maybe the word will get passed on a little quicker?

I dunno after seeing the Ravenshield SDK goto crap...

then farcrys come out a year+ late

they both had pretty small modding scenes outside of the level editors.

... graw wouldnt be to hard to mod for considering the basics of what most people want out of it are already there.... just really tunning the gameplay to a more classic feeling.

I doubt that will be the case with GRAW. There is such an active GR community as it is now, I fond it hard to believe there will be a lack of mods.

did [GR] have mod tools ??

we had a mission scripting tool IGOR but i do not remember the SDK

and [GR] did do well at this

we know we will get an editor in june and coop editor a month later

if you go to the modding forum you will see a lot of progress happening

i remember a post from colin that was REALLY promissing

i think that modding tools are important but it is the community that needs to hold faith for good things to happen

have faith and check the mod forum, you will see things happen

gr1 has pluggins for ps7 and 3d studio max thus allowing modders to make and export prettymuch what they wanted into the game, graw doesnt have this so it really limits getting good mods at the moment, sure skins and xml editing can be done but nothing really major will be seen in graw modding unless modeling and other software pluggins and exporting pdfs are released. thats what gave and still gives gr1 the large mods that it has. Without the ability in graw to export your own fan made models into the game i dont see graw modding having a very healthy modding community. The more talented modders will go to games that allow this and so if graw doesnt get it soon i would bet that the talented modders will go elsewhere.

Dont forget we also had dev support....

Remember Drust had his great little importing tutorials.

I cant really comment on what and or if or how much mod support there will be in the end but when that day comes Ill give you my word that atleast I will do my best provide some tutorials on the parts that I have worked with aslong as I get the greenlight from the big men upstairs to do so.

we are just as eager as you people to see what the mod community can come up with! I know that quite alot of the people here at the office has actually installed some of the mods that has been produced so far..like the blood mod for example :)

we are just as eager as you people to see what the mod community can come up with! I know that quite alot of the people here at the office has actually installed some of the mods that has been produced so far..like the blood mod for example :)

THX :icon_redface:

I promise that the next version will be more realistic... as soon as I manage how to mod your "damage system" (I guess we need to access .dxe files isn't it :whistle: ), paddings will get back their original function :shifty:

BTW whoever did the FX system is a freaking genius :thumbsup:

gr1 has pluggins for ps7 and 3d studio max thus allowing modders to make and export prettymuch what they wanted into the game, graw doesnt have this so it really limits getting good mods at the moment, sure skins and xml editing can be done but nothing really major will be seen in graw modding unless modeling and other software pluggins and exporting pdfs are released. thats what gave and still gives gr1 the large mods that it has. Without the ability in graw to export your own fan made models into the game i dont see graw modding having a very healthy modding community. The more talented modders will go to games that allow this and so if graw doesnt get it soon i would bet that the talented modders will go elsewhere.

the question is when did this all come ??

graw as we know is still not finished have some patients and faith

GRIN shows its face and comments when ever they can and with all the comments they make on this forum they show their dedication, you just show impatience and a lack of respect in my eyes towards GRIN

i am just a noob, but with a little help i did manage to get the first original skin out of GRAW.

when modders turn their backs on GRAW it is not GRAW that fails, it is their patience and inovative actions,

blame them, not GRIN

Dont forget we also had dev support....

Remember Drust had his great little importing tutorials.

I cant really comment on what and or if or how much mod support there will be in the end but when that day comes Ill give you my word that atleast I will do my best provide some tutorials on the parts that I have worked with aslong as I get the greenlight from the big men upstairs to do so.

Thats good news thoe, once modding tools come out I doubt this game would die anytime soon. You can see these gun nuts and skinners going crazy already with it without any max exporters.

GRIN shows its face and comments when ever they can and with all the comments they make on this forum they show their dedication, you just show impatience and a lack of respect in my eyes towards GRIN

i am just a noob, but with a little help i did manage to get the first original skin out of GRAW.

when modders turn their backs on GRAW it is not GRAW that fails, it is their patience and inovative actions,

I and my mod team are finishing off a now 300 + MB mod we have been working on for over a year and a half so to say i dont have patience is pretty ignorant on your part. I can and have shown that i can be patient and stay the course. So who are you to say i am impatient you obviously know nothing at all about me.

Could you maybe help us to get into the *.dxe and *.dsf file stuff (for example human.dsf)? Then we might be able to even pull off much more impressive things! :) We're pretty much limited on the possibilities as long as we can't work with dsf and dxe files! :( Edited by Vth_F_Smith

Awesome. :D